The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello, I'm in need of your help

Ephanee

affiliate
Hi,
Ive been an affiliate with many co.'s over the years. I have yet to find one that I have earned any money at all. I know people make money at this, but i cant seem to make any money at all. I get great clicks an visits but no buyers.How ever its not my only J.O.B . Im a natural health therapist and have a website with most of my links on it to. I would like to be able to make something out of this but I just dont know where to go from here. Can anyone help?

Hi Ephanee,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Note: Since this is more of a question and request for help I'm moving from intro forum to newbie forum.

It's really hard to get started and there are SOOOOOO many different paths you can take. There's really not a clean cut step by step method. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it.

Let's start here... What have you primarily been focusing on lately? What niche? How have you been getting targeted traffic? Are you driving traffic to your site or your blog? Are you advertising banners or text links or do you have a datafeed? Check your stats and tell me how many clicks some of your affiliate links have gotten.

1. What have you primarily been focusing on lately? What niche?
natura health, herbs, vitamins,teas, anything natural or alternative some others in the past
2.How have you been getting targeted traffic?
traffic exchanges, facebook,twitter,merchantcirle,salespider,free classifieds
3.Are you driving traffic to your site or your blog?
both I have a site with my blog attached
4.Are you advertising banners or text links or do you have a datafeed?
banners & text links
5.Check your stats and tell me how many clicks some of your affiliate links have gotten.
some are getting 30 to 100 in 30day cycle I have one that I have been pushing a little harder and it has a 100 clicks this month but nothing that has done any sales.
I just think that some of these are flopps and need to move on to better sites, but I dont know any one that can referre me to one. I dont know which ones that people have had success with.

Well I've dabbled slightly in the health niche and it's tough and competitive.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that average conversion rates are only about 2 - 4 %. So that means EVEN IF you're lucky, you need at least 200 clicks before you'll get a sale.

With most affiliates one of the biggest problems is getting ENOUGH targeted traffic. I don't think traffic exchanges and free classifieds are worth the effort.

Again there are SO many ways to go, but this is what I would do in your shoes (which doesn't mean it's the right direction for you and my advice by no means guarantees any results)

The best way to get lots of free traffic IMO is search engines. So learn to do SEO.

But again the health niche is uber competitive. So I would do niche research to try to find a hot new natural remedy that isn't very competitive yet OR a highly searched health problem that isn't very competitive AND/OR some longer tail popular but not too competitive phrases.

Possibly start keyword research with some generic root keywords like pain or remedy, then drill down til you find a some longer tail key phrase that aren't too competitive and that you know there are good products you can sell that help that health problem.

Just stressing low competition keywords so you can try to get some initial success. As you build your SEO and marketing skills you can work your way up to more competitive and lucrative keywords.

MI
Back