The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

[Guide + Case Study]: How to start with Shopify & E-Commerce

PiQano

Hello,

it's been a long very long time since i shared or posted a new guide or case study in this great community.. well i want to say that i am BACK :D and ready to share something that may encourage people to take action and work.

if you are old in this forum you may know that i worked in CPA from my old posts (1 - 2) and then i focused on building my mailing list which i will share another post about how to make real money from it step by step, but today i want to share with you something i never saw someone here talking about which is E-Com using the Shopify Platform..

*i am going share everything you'll need to start even the niche but no exact pictures because there is some copy cat that does not take the idea. instead they take the whole thing so be smart and remember that the market is so big and there is many opportunities out there.

This is a case study of what i tried last 20 days i didn't scale things yet but i want to share where i stopped .. when i scale i'll update this post for you guys if you are interested.

Btw, the main idea of creating this store is to Drop ship products from AliExpress and Resell them with a margin of profits .. you don't need to have the product or ship it or anything .. you are the middle man here.. you may start smiling right now but let me inform you that there is some bad sides for that because if you can't control the product you may have problems with the payment gateaway that you are using if it's Stripe / Authorize / Paypal..etc because if the seller didn't ship the product or something happened you are in the face of the problem and you have to resolve it quickly with your customer before you face real troubles... that's why when you find a good product you should get your own warehouse and stock the product and take control of your business.

what you'll need :

- Facebook Ads.
- Store (Shopify or Wordpress..etc).
- Account in AliExpress/Ebay.

*This is a combination between a Guide & Case Study so you can understand the process well.

let's start!

first things first shopify is a platform that allows you to create your store in 10 min or less (if it's your first time it may take 30 min to get used to it but remember it's easy to work with)

--> here is a 21 day FREE Trial : Use Stacksocial to sell online

--> here is a 30 day FREE Trial : Use BPI to sell online

or signup directly with 14-Day trial : Ecommerce Software - Best Ecommerce Platform Made for You - Free Trial

there is 3 type of plans:

image.png

i suggest you to go with $79 plan because of the small fee for each sale and transaction + some features will be added to your dashboard and remember that you have 14 or 30 days trial you can make money before paying to shopify.

when i did setup my store i added the main pages that each store need to have which is:

- Privacy Policy

- Shipping & Return

- Contact us

- FAQ's

and i did choose to use a FREE Theme that you can download from the dashboard in shopify (i used Debut but you can choose broklyn too it worked fine for me in other store back)

image.png

*I used a paid theme from themeforest but it really didn't work well for me so i suggest you to KISS :D i mean keep it simple stupid and you'll get customers.

anyway here is how the store looks like after the customization (if you have any question or you need any help about that feel free to PM me or post a comment here)

image.png

* The niche i worked in for this store: Phone Cases and you can find many style in AliExpress / Ebay..etc and resell them

there is a section in shopify called "APPS" which is some little script like Plugins in wordpress that add some features to your store (there is some free and some Paid) we'll here is what i usually add to store when i create it:

- Abandoned Protector (to recover abandoned checkouts and there is a good chance to recover with 1 email)
- Fomo (POPUP shows up in your store that encourage people to buy your item by showing who just bought it .. it did boost my CR%)
- Loox (To share reviews of your customers ... it really make difference)
- MailChimp (It's to build a mailing list of your customers)

these are something necessary before i start working:

Here is Fomo => https://s2.postimg.org/kl5e8si3d/image.png
Loox => https://s2.postimg.org/d3rlfu36h/image.png
Abandoned Protector => https://s2.postimg.org/o22uy0rrt/image.png
MailChimp => https://s2.postimg.org/lby4ekkgp/image.png

where to find these apps? simply go to 'apps' in your dashboard and it will redirect you to shopify apps store and then you can search but make sure you choose the right app because there is many similar apps there..

before i start driving traffic i add like 9 or 10 products to my store that are related to the Main product .. anyway in my case i always focus on 1 product per store so i can keep my Fb Pixel Clean (btw you can use some apps if you want to add many products to your store - General Store - the app called Pixel Perfect can organize the viewers per category and make things clean in your pixel)

here is the main category i added 4 products :

image.png

i know this is a case study but i did share some basic infos.. who knows maybe someone see this post and want to jump in to E-Commerce he'll find my guide helpful, now let's see the results of this case study for last 20 days..

i did use Fb Audiance Insights to get some Interest suggestion ... it's so simple to use (you only put the interests of your audiance and the fb gives you similar pages that may be good to target..)

first of all i always use a simple campaign to collect engagements so i can give credibility to my post, thats why i spend $10-$15 just to collect engagement i don't wait for sales now.. because i am buying cheap clicks & views..

*remember to add your fb Pixel to store so you can warm up your 'View Content' event:

image.png

i also added google analytics because i saw some great reports there too if you want to scale so i did add it.

anyway, here is the "Collect Engagements" campaign results:

image.png

with $13 i got around 800 like and 50 comments with some shares (also website click but as i said they will not buy)

and after i collected engagements i started "View Content" Optimized Campaigns then after 1 or 2 days my pixel has some 5-6 sales so i was able to optimize for Purchase and that's what i did and here is some of my campaigns results so far:

image.png

i use this template in my Ads : AAAAAAA - I=INTEERST - C=COUNTRY - PRT=ForAge

AAAAA = Product Type/Name

btw, my fb ads dashboard may look different than yours but you can customize yours too by :

image.png

click customize columns and select what you want to see for your campaigns :

image.png

The total i spent so far is :

image.png

but if you have been in the marketing field for a long time you can see that there is opportunity to scale things up and make it profitable cuz no campaign starts with GREEN ROI.

and here is why:

image.png

image.png

you see ?? there is many profitable adsets inside each campaign.. i can simply turn off the bad adset and let the good adsets run alone) beside the retargeting the people who clicked and didn't buy.. and also there is the Look-a-Like Audiance you can crate in facebook ads that can make your campaigns profitable..

Remember: The Last 20 days i was buying data and letting my fb pixel know who are my customers exactly.

anyway, this is just a case study i wanted to share here because i never saw a post about shopify around here so this is Exclusive i guess.

anyway, i forget to show you how my product page looks like :

image.png

(in the buttom there is a reviews section)

if you are interested and you want that count down there is an app called hurrify that have many style or if you want something like mine (PM me and i'll send you the Code to add it to your store -i am using only the code not an app) .

let me show you my post that i was promoting before sharing results:

image.png

* i think i made a mistake by not doing a CTA button on my Video that will drive more traffic and for sure increase my % CR so make sure if you want to promote a video to add the CTA button "SHOP NOW" or something like that.

it's going well and there is many comments that encourage people to buy like this:

image.png

and here is the sales so far in shopify:

image.png

*Remember: i am only accepting Paypal as Default Payment Gateway, i'll try to accept cards in my store in the future, i mean by that if you can just apply what i did and you add CC to your store you may see success in ur early week.

Browsers and referrals:

image.png

(that tells me that i need to make sure that my store is compatible with Mobile Phones)

and the CR% looks good even with the bad results so far

image.png

for the apps that i used the "Abandoned Protector" recovered around $200 (5% of abandoned checkouts)

image.png

and i have some emails in MailChimp that i can use to promote other similar products :

image.png

what to do next?

i did stop all campaigns and tonight i'll run only the winning adsets and i'll duplicate them if they stay bringing $$ :D also i'll some follow up to my customers to buy new products that i'll add ;)

if you can't see the images clearly here is a direct link for all images (Gallery) :
Postimage.io — free image hosting / image upload

i guess now the picture is clear about how to start with shopify and jump in E-Com business, remember some things:

- This need a budget.
- This Business need you to be patient and smart about targeting.
- I didn't get through Facebook ads a lot because i am a beginner too in fb ads and there is no 1+1=2 Rule there or someone can say do this do that and i guarantee your success... this is Bul$$it because the real boss here is TEST.. yeah you can take tips from here and there but you'll never know what's working for YOU until you try and combine all your knowledge.

Before i finish i forget to mention that when you setup your store you may need to have a professional email like this for example: Support@MyStore.com
for me i do use Google for Apps (which cost me $5/month and i can manage all my professional emails from there)

i've been working for this case study for the last 2 days so please if it did add some value to your day just let me know that i did something useful for you guys :D and you have any question feel free to ask in comments or PM me ;)

See ya soon with new updates and GREEN ROI.

You said you run different campaigns with different age etc but what about the ad sets inside the campaigns? Do you run 1 campaign > 3 adsets and those 3 ad sets are all different ages with the same interests?

Last edited:
You said you run different campaigns with different age etc but what about the ad sets inside the campaigns? Do you run 1 campaign > 3 adsets and those 3 ad sets are all different ages with the same interests?
For the same interest i target different age & different countries... there is some campaigns that have more than 10 adsets inside it!

For the same interest i target different age & different countries... there is some campaigns that have more than 10 adsets inside it!

What about view content campaigns, do you just see what audience engaged in your engagement campaign the most and target those or let FB create an audience for you?

I sent you a PM too about the count down timer. Thanks in advance!

What about view content campaigns, do you just see what audience engaged in your engagement campaign the most and target those or let FB create an audience for you?

I sent you a PM too about the count down timer. Thanks in advance!
For the count down i already sent it to you ;) and when your fb pixel is fresh of course i warm it up with view content first then after i finish the first campaign (Which i collect engagements with) i have like 200 or 300 view content then i start WC campaigns for view content when i get like 5-6 sales i switch to Purchase in Conversions.

anything else feel free to ask :)

For the count down i already sent it to you ;) and when your fb pixel is fresh of course i warm it up with view content first then after i finish the first campaign (Which i collect engagements with) i have like 200 or 300 view content then i start WC campaigns for view content when i get like 5-6 sales i switch to Purchase in Conversions.

anything else feel free to ask :)

WC Campaign?

So you run Engagement Campaigns first > View Content after it has say 500 likes or something > then after 200-300 view content > Purchase ...is that what you mean?

Or do you just run view content campaigns until 200-300 view contents > purchase
Im just trying to see how it's done, I've been testing with FB the last few days but it seems everyone does something different.

thanks for the code also and all the tips.

WC Campaign?

So you run Engagement Campaigns first > View Content after it has say 500 likes or something > then after 200-300 view content > Purchase ...is that what you mean?

Or do you just run view content campaigns until 200-300 view contents > purchase
Im just trying to see how it's done, I've been testing with FB the last few days but it seems everyone does something different.

thanks for the code also and all the tips.
Yes i do engagements first (when you make engagement campaign you dont choose to optimize for 'view content' all you do is getting likes/shares/comments..
and yes that what i meant View content -> after i get 5-6 purchases i start optimizing my campaigns for PURCHASES.

*PS: i am not saying that what i am doing is the ideal way to do fb ads. i am just sharing with you what i did test.

Yes i do engagements first (when you make engagement campaign you dont choose to optimize for 'view content' all you do is getting likes/shares/comments..
and yes that what i meant View content -> after i get 5-6 purchases i start optimizing my campaigns for PURCHASES.

*PS: i am not saying that what i am doing is the ideal way to do fb ads. i am just sharing with you what i did test.

gotcha, this seems like the way most people do it, ive seen some run view content without any engagement but the way you do it seems like that is how most do it.

I'm guessing some campaigns don't have great engagement so it's not worth continuing to run them

For the View Content ...do you just run the same targeting as your engagement campaign or do you see who liked your videos the most and target them / let FB create an audience for you?

Are you running broad also then optimizing from there? or are you targeting interests similar to your product right from the start? It seems some people run broad at first then target.

One last thing also, when you run a purchase campaign on a "post" it doesn't allow you to without a button for CTA like "Shop now" ..but you can't add that to an FB post from what I've seen, how do you get around that?

Thanks again for all your help and tips, I'm sure others will find your responses helpful as well :)

Last edited:
One last thing also, when you run a purchase campaign on a "post" it doesn't allow you to without a button for CTA like "Shop now" ..but you can't add that to an FB post from what I've seen, how do you get around that?
You can add it from Power editor or the dashboard ... there is a "Page post" Section you can create a Post with CTA Button from there.

How did you do the engagment ad ,so low cost .how many people you target and how much budget you set for one day?

hi PiQano,great post, but i still got a problem.
The photo in your "collect engagement" campaign, from Aliexpress? (which is boring ,just a solo product) or you shoot it yourself?
I mean if you want your content looks attractive, it has to be weared on a model or something (but Facebook is strict with the copyright infringement,so you can't just copy other sellers' photo?

Thanks for your patience.

hi PiQano,great post, but i still got a problem.
The photo in your "collect engagement" campaign, from Aliexpress? (which is boring ,just a solo product) or you shoot it yourself?
I mean if you want your content looks attractive, it has to be weared on a model or something (but Facebook is strict with the copyright infringement,so you can't just copy other sellers' photo?

Thanks for your patience.
i'm using a video to promote my product & which pic are u talking about?

banners
Back