The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
An often-asked question on this forum is "Which affiliate niche should I promote?" I find this extremely easy as a publisher getting organic traffic from Google to determine and here's my process for choosing an affiliate niche, so I suggest that you understand internet publishing and SEO before trying this out

Affiliate Niche
as I understand it means a specific product or service (such as auto insurance) and a specific section of the global audience (such as middle aged fathers working in construction and living in San Diego, United States)

1. Do you want a duration Short-Term Niche or Long-Term Niche?
  • Seasonal Niche --> A product or service that you can promote at specific times of year every year (Christmas trees, Black Friday deals, Winter Ski Vacations, Summer Cruises)
  • One-Off Event Niche --> A product or service related to a special event that takes places once on a day or between two dates (Superbowl LVI, FIFA World Cup 2022, NASA Moon Landing, New Movie Merchandise) - good for less competition, not so good when the event is over and demand wanes
  • Long-Term Niche --> A product or service that you can promote all year (January thru December) for example Auto Insurance, VPN Services, Adult Content, Home Security Systems, Plumbing Repairs, Legal Advice, Resume Writers) - good for all-year earning, not so good because you have high level of competition
2. Who is your target affiliate audience?

It's important to know who you (and aren't!!!) promoting your product or service to in order to have the most targeted content that achieves the maximum conversion levels, and you can do this through gaining audience insights by asking the following questions (and many more) about your average customer, remember the more specialized your product or service the more detailed should be your level of audience research
  • Country --> Which country do they live in?
  • Nationality --> What country's passport do they carry?
  • Region --> What part of the country do they live in?
  • Language --> What is their primary and secondary language?
  • Age --> What is their age or age bracket?
  • Gender --> What sex do they identify with?
  • Religious Affiliation --> Which religion or belief do they follow?
  • Cultural Traits --> What social groups or do they belong to?
  • Political Affiliation --> Which party do they vote for?
  • Political State --> Is their country peaceful or at war/conflict?
  • Geographic Features --> What type of land type do they live on?
  • Climate --> What is their annual weather trend?
  • Modes of Transport --> How do they travel?
  • Education Level --> How far did they reach at college?
  • Income Level --> How much money do they earn, and how much do they have to spend (especially on your type of products or services)?
  • Employment Status --> Are they employed and what job do they do?
  • Family --> Are they married, have children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, pets?
  • Internet Speed --> How fast is their internet speed?
  • Device Type --> Which device(s) are they using to browse the web?
  • Browser --> Which internet browser(s) are they using?
  • Interests --> What are their leisure pursuits?
3. What type of affiliate product or service offer do you want to promote?

There are so many types of affiliate offers but you can narrow it down so much by answering questions about the type of offer you want to promote, and that's before you have done any research about what's popular, the network/program or what provides the biggest financial return, which will all be covered in another guide
  • Is it a physical or non-physical offer (digital/audio)?
  • What are your ideal industry categories? (sport, adult, travel, entertainment, religion, hobbies)
  • Do you have any personal experience of using a particular product or service?
  • Do you want to be paid for impressions, sign ups, clicks, sales or leads?
  • Do you want to promote few high priced offers or many low priced offers?
  • What type of website content will you create to promote your offer?
4. What affiliate offers are people looking for?

You only want to promote popular products because anything else is a waste of time, but remember that low interest but high commission can also be profitable (I don't generally promote anything over $25 however many of my sales are for $100 or even $200-300 because the customer sees an offer and adds extra products to their shopping basket)
  • How many people are searching for the product or service?
  • What time of year is the offer popular?
  • Is the product going to remain in stock?
  • Can you offer a unique promotional angle?
  • Are there regular discounts and offers?
  • Is it "emerging" on Google Trends?
After you have answered all of these questions you will know what Duration your offer will be, who your Target Audience is, what Type of Affiliate Product you want to promote and what People are Looking For
When I do this I can easily identify my affiliate niche

Hope you found this 1st draft useful
I'm aiming to make improvements to this guide
to the format and the content
(as well as writing more guides)
so please can you add your comments

Thanks to
  1. Affiliate Fix --> What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
  2. Neil Patel --> https://neilpatel.com/blog/find-profitable-niche-affiliate-marketing/
  3. Quantcast --> The Future of Advertising is Here. Now | Quantcast
  4. Conversion Wise --> Conversion Rate Optimization Agency (CRO) | ConversionWise
  5. Amazon Best Sellers --> https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers/zgbs

Last edited:
1636750887079.png
This is this week for me :D

1636750914669.png

You can also choose dating/adult niche as it is one of the highest performing niche in these days, one can earn a nice income if he has good quality traffic and maintains his profile.

Imo, times have changed. And if you want to be successful in affiliate marketing, you need to pick a niche you're familiar with. Content is king and there's a barrage of people entering and delivering quality content. The days of pasting PLR articles or creating simple review pages with the same recycled content are long over.

If you deliver quality, you'll make money. It's that easy. It's all about the customer. You solve his problem, you'll get rewarded; you waste his waste, you'll get punished.

1. Estimate affinity and where it is at on the adoption curve
    on the upside and not over the top --so you will be able to 'ride the wave'
  2. Assess competitive factors --is the money really there?
I ordered BTI (British-American Tobacco,Ltd) stock at a depressed price
--I hate tobacco; it is the root cause of many health problems
--however both the US Democrats and Republicans are offering competing Marijuana reform/legalization laws
--BTI has the existing infrastructure to be one of the dominate players in a legalized marijuana market.
BTI knows how to manufacture and market stuff to smoke. And they are paying a 7% or more dividend.
Just an example. This is an example of a very early adoption curve of a well positioned incumbent. Risky business ...

Last edited:
1) Consider Your Own Interests and Pastimes.
2) Identify Potential Monetization Options Within the Niche.
3) Assess the Competition and Search Volume for the Niche.
4) Gauge the Number of Traffic Sources Available.

Affiliate marketing is one of the best part-time jobs these days, making a lot of money by working just a few hours a day, but if you want to make it a full-time job, it can be time-consuming. Sometimes I don't have time to answer all the messages, emails and phone calls, and it's important to stay consistent to get everything done. I'm lucky to have found this platform (visit TMC)+ that helps me with this, but do you have any other recommendations for this aspect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a Niche that drives your interest everyday ... and make sure your niche:

1. Is information friendly
2. Has plenty of competition (what people are already buying)
3. Has a large audience (at lease 500,000 searches)
4. Popular (weight loss, business building, day trading, etc.)
5. Has long term potential (people will always take vitamins)

Tools for researching your Niche: Clickbank, Udemy, Facebook Audience Insights, and Google Adwords Keyword Tool, SEMRush

Best Countries: USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand

Hope this helps !

Find a Niche that drives your interest everyday

Well that's just bad advice. There isn't a successful affiliate or super affiliate anywhere on the planet that gives a crap about the offers they promote, they care about the success of promoting specific offers.

I learned it from Seth Godin. In marketing circles, he's kind of a "big deal".. You still think it's bad advice? lol...

banners
Back