The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Sitemaps and Sub Domains

Gorkfu

affiliate
I recently started using sub domains.

I'm wondering, should I make separate sitemaps for each sub domain? Or will Google be ok with putting all the sub domain data into one sitemap? That is along with the regular domain sitemap too. I wondered about this because the program I use to make sitemaps doesn't crawl the sub domains unless I modify the main URL to a sub domain. I guess it sees them as completely separate websites.

I never thought about it until today. Does Google see sub domains as completely separate websites?

I'm probably going to use the WordPress plugin for my blog sub domain, so that will be separate.

Ok I found out that you can't put it all in one sitemap. You got to have them all separate. Otherwise, Google will give you a warning about it later on in your webmaster tools account. So Google does see sub domains as separate. And I just answered myself. Now it looks like I'm talking to myself here, lol.

Yes, google sees each sub-domain as a separate website- so you have to submit a new sitemap as well as build links for the sub-domain - as it is thought of as a separate website!

So I am told!

Talking to your self is common - but answering your rants yourself is something else! If you continue to do it often - then you will be off to cuckoo land soon!
Just kidding! :yahoo:

banners
Back