The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Says Spped Matters In The Algo.

Yes indeed, nowadays Google is improving it's algorithm and new things will matter in rankings. However, this is quite natural, I mean, people do not like slow loading pages, why would a SE like one like this? :)

Yep, this isn't your mommas SEO anymore. SEO now requires more than changing tags and getting links. This should be interesting.

It makes sense, instead of focusing on parts of the on-page site that can easily be manipulated, site load times are important for the user experience.

Yes, but it is not a massive factor, the only way it will have any negative affect on rankings is if the page load time is 8 or more seconds! and if your web site takes 8 seconds to load I would seriously think about sorting it out anyway not just for rankings but users!!

the only way it will have any negative affect on rankings is if the page load time is 8 or more seconds!

Where did you get this figure from, is there a link to a source confirming this "8 second" rule.

I'm sure its not a highly weighted factor, in fact there are over 200 factors that make up the Google search engine algorithm, speed is only one of these factors (and possibly a low weighted one.. for now)

mattcutts.com/blog/site-speed/
Google is incorporating site speed as one of the over 200 signals that we use in determining search rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it is not a massive factor, the only way it will have any negative affect on rankings is if the page load time is 8 or more seconds! and if your web site takes 8 seconds to load I would seriously think about sorting it out anyway not just for rankings but users!!
I kinda made an experiment - created 3 pretty much identical sites with set 0, 5 and 10 seconds downloading speed. The one with 0 was better ranked than the one with 10, however, the difference was not so big (experiment didn't take that much time tho, so it's not very accurate), it's just another ranging factor, not the key one.

banners
Back