The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Page Rank and Backlinks

redlinemaxed

affiliate
ok, Google webmaster tools says that i have 67 external links pointing to me home page. However, if i go to dnScoop - Domain Name Value, History, Stats Tool and Forums that says i have 113 back links.

Does Google update its backlinks every so often such as at each PR update and therefore would it be possible that i actually have many more than 67?

I know that at leasr 3 of those backlinks are from PR 3/4 pages and based upon that info how likely do you think it is that i will gain a RP at the next update? The domain age is just over 7 Months and i am still only getting less than 30 visits per day.

Should i be worried?

I would gladly tell you that according to the Yahoo! Site Explorer Service you have 252 backlinks pointing to your site. Google updates the number of backlinks 4 times yearly and doesn't export all the link that the spriders find only a little amount of them.

Google sort websites by their relevance. You can improve the relevance for a KW by writing related content and write unique title tags, and by backlinks using the desired expressions as anchor text. Through those backlinks PageRank will flow to your site. The importance (PageRank) has minimal effect on rankings in ideal case it should be only side-effect of the increased relevance caused by backlinks.

how do i create anchor text for backlinks? Many of the backlinks come from forum posts on related sites. will this help or am i wasting my time?

The proper use of the anchor text is one of the most important factor in increasing relevance for a certain keyphrase. This is the html code of a link without backslashs
HTML:
<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com" >anchor text</a>
. You need to to get backlinks from releted websites using the keywords as the anchor text in order to improve the relevance of your site effectively.

the html came up as a real link. can you post the code again but with spaces or something? does it also work with bb/vb code in forums?

Yes, i saw that. Now it looks as correct html, but leave the backslashes.

The vBulletin board disable the html codes as default setting. Here you must use the BBC code.

banners
Back