The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google: No More Annoying Pop-up Ads

moneydrop2021

I've heard from my friend that starting early next year, Google will delist the websites that have popup/popunder feature. If this is the case, it means pop traffic will possibly go through a rapid decline so lead gens(ex: e-mail submit) verticals may not be profitable anymore. Have you guys prepared for this future Google's policy? Are there anyways to get around this?

That's the message my account manager in Admaven sent me: "now all our products including Lightbox and Interstitial ads are in compliance with Google ad blocking changes starting January 2018".

Just to give you a user-ability perspective (relevant to SEO), anytime myself (or anyone that I associate & discuss this with), hit a news site with pop-over ads, we back-arrow to Google & find another resource. I'm bringing this up because bounce rate is already hurting sites that do this. If you are not already watching bounce rate, then you have existing SEO issues.

I've also heard that Google will start devaluing sites with these ads, & actually am looking forward to it.

It's not just popunder it's like 15 different ad types that google is about to block, like video ads that start automaticlly with sound and prestitial ads with countdown. i think many websites and networks will lose a lot of money.

It's not just popunder it's like 15 different ad types that google is about to block, like video ads that start automaticlly with sound and prestitial ads with countdown. i think many websites and networks will lose a lot of money.
It seems that they should kill their youtube pre-roll ads too.

Automatic Video is very annoying. I think all landing pages should allow the viewers to either read the sales page or watch the video.

banners
Back