The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Chrome Will Block Pop-Ups

"The new feature will hide notification requests for Chrome users who typically dismiss such prompts, but also automatically blocking prompts on sites with very low opt-in rates."<<<

Maybe, if everyone put a Google Chrome Toll Fee on their website PAY $1 NOW! or don't use Google Chrome --you could stop this --who's got the balls to do this first :D

The counter argument; is that the page load notify permission box is a real pain in the ass --so I do see the point from the user's POV.

Best solution is a DHTML (jQuery JS) timed overlay to subscribe to browser notifications. IDK if they can interface??

Is it the same for popunders
I think chrome may be currently blocking popunders and spawning new tabs

Probably it will block only unwanted popups like the ones that don't need user interaction. The ones that require user interaction like a click while using for example window.open(); will work normally.

The ones that require user interaction like a click while using for example window.open(); will work normally.
The new browser update will be based on user behavior, i.e. whether someone clicks away the popups immediately or responds, and it will automatically block popups on sites with very low opt-in-rates, so it is primarily user-oriented, but not advertising-oriented.

Is it the same for popunders ?
I think chrome may be currently blocking popunders ...
IMHO the blocking of pop-unders will follow, too... :eek:

Last edited:
Would this include all popups on a website? ie. popups containing information about delivery times and other like information not based around advertising?

2020 is already here and I dont think no one is going to block Pop-ups totally, every year google issues a new update regarding pop ads but if you dont place to much pops you should be good ( 2 a day per user ip ) , also if you are reading more about the industry changes you will see that all websites start to use Native push notifications as an advertisement solution, which is making very high ROI, if you would like to try it use AdMaven I'm a publisher also using Pop and push without any issue and they will also assist you with the optimization process

From the article it is only focused on auto-load push notification [accept][decline] browser subscriptions. JS/AJAX is how *delivery times and other like information* should be done these days anyway ...

Newton's second law
The more force applied the greater the reaction force (of the same mass)
This is the blowback or opposite reaction
However, opinion is not an object but browser market saturation is the objective here.
Subjective rather than objective.
Nothing personal guys ...

banners
Back