The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google Aggregates Produce Nothing in Google Trends

King Conga

First of all, I hope I'm in the correct sub-forum. Pls accept my apologies if not. Now, my question...

What does it mean if I'm using aggregate key phrases that a Google search produces but produce nothing in Google Trends? I thought if the original phrase produced a great trend, then the aggregate phrases would too. I'm trying to find strong trends with a basic key phrase of "Raising Boys".

Also, what kind of traffic source would best fit that kind of niche, and would native ads be the most optimal ads?

That particular phrase produces very poor results to begin with in Google Trends
"Hmm, your search doesn't have enough data to show here", but delivers 154,000,000 results in Google.

What are you using to aggregate key phrases, a third party software or Google Ads Keyword Planner? How are you collecting them?

Trends do not always match up with a keyword phrase. The results are actually not that impressive in Trends or Keyword Planner. Cheap clicks for Google.

Thanks TJ. I'm embarassingly green here. I'm not using anything but Google Search, then looking at the aggregate suggestions. So, what am I missing here? I mean, I can understand if Trends doesn't give GREAT results, but if the aggregate suggestions are actually what people are searching for, then why wouldn't there be something in the Trends? Otherwise, how do I figure out what the trends are for those aggregate phrases? My ultimate plan is to blog about how to mentor young boys into men, which I'm sure there has to be a plethora of good material, then sell some of what should be hundreds of great books on Amazon that expound on said subjects. I was thinking it was a pretty good plan.

The more detailed issues such as what kinds of traffic sources, and ad types would be most conducive. I'm studying Charles Ngo's AFFCelerator Ultimate Guide.
Thanks again for the help.

one, two (and seldom) three keyword combinations that I think of sometimes work, then I get a -0- goose egg a lot too ...
I think, (or hope) that the one or two combinations will show separate stats and to the right trending and breakout key phrases. Also the geo and over time displays can maybe mean something to you.

The big thing is how upfront and truthful is Google data in general :eek: ???

Good hunting ....

I'm embarassingly green here.

Please never be embarrassed about researching and educating yourself. We are all new to something in this business everyday. We can choose to be stymied or we can choose to dig in and get a set of brains, which you ARE doing.

I'm not using anything but Google Search, then looking at the aggregate suggestions. So, what am I missing here?

So, if you are going to use Google data, and you should learn to use and implement Google data tools. Sign up for Google Ads (previously AdWords) and use the tools in there for gathering data. Use Goggle Trends to gather data, etc. They do provide insights useful for campaigns, site monetization, etc. But also use other tools for comparisons and data perspectives.

I mean, I can understand if Trends doesn't give GREAT results, but if the aggregate suggestions are actually what people are searching for, then why wouldn't there be something in the Trends?

Google Trends is meant to give you search information in real time of what is currently popular. However, Google searches provide you search results organized by presenting the order in which the results appear in the search itself.

Trends, unlike Keyword Planner, offers a line graph timeline of search popularity. This timeline gives you a better sense of when keywords peak and decline, instead of just displaying average search volume ranges for each month.

Otherwise, how do I figure out what the trends are for those aggregate phrases? My ultimate plan is to blog about how to mentor young boys into men, which I'm sure there has to be a plethora of good material, then sell some of what should be hundreds of great books on Amazon that expound on said subjects. I was thinking it was a pretty good plan.

So, Keyword Planner and Google Trends are amalgams of previous tools provided by Google. Trends is older that Keyword Planner in that regard. A few years back though, Trends was merged with Google insights to make it more robust in order to present an independent timeline for each keyword and gives you the opportunity to find related topics and specific keywords that users also searched for, not just keywords for which Google believes there is commercial appeal. Keyword Planner (previously AdWords) was merged with an abundance of new tools for the purpose of creating competitive ads, the timeline combines their average monthly searches but there is currently no way to compare them across a timeline during a period of time.

Some believe that Google will not merge these two tools, others feel it is inevitable. So, the short answer is to use both, and compare the data to find the sweet spots.

The more detailed issues such as what kinds of traffic sources, and ad types would be most conducive. I'm studying Charles Ngo's AFFCelerator Ultimate Guide.
Thanks again for the help.

So, first off, Charles is a really nice guy, very grounded, though he can be a bit of a showman from time to time. His insights are generally spot on.

As for traffic sources, well, at present Google Ads and FB PPC are the best and fastest traffic sources. That said, there are an abundance of secondary and tertiary traffic sources that should be explored based on the audiences and marketing methods to be employed.

With this niche you want to serve, I would start with FB. Be sure to make it your mission to completely understand their ad policies. Become a master of their ad tools. You also need to be spot on with frequently updated and highly relevant information published on your site, your FB Page, and an FB Group.

You want to master your traffic source, your content, your traffic, and your ad copy. Build a funnel that goes from your ads there, to your page, then to your group, then ultimately to your site. Many think, "why can't I just link to the site?". Well, because funnels WORK! When a proper funnel is a path to various levels of engagement, the person in the funnel gets continually stimulated to move through the funnel with greater expectations and expectations properly managed will result in conversions.

Many thanks TJ for your fine and considerable thought as opposed to just a one sentence response. Will try to start applying said knowledge. One of my problems is I have to ask SOO many questions before I get started.

Many thanks TJ for your fine and considerable thought as opposed to just a one sentence response. Will try to start applying said knowledge. One of my problems is I have to ask SOO many questions before I get started.

No worries brother!

You are supposed to ask loads of questions, it is those that do not that we worry about.

Just remember, and this is critical, keep testing, keep taking action, and accept that there will be investments and efforts that do not produce. This will never change. When most of us step into new endeavors in this industry, no matter our level of success, we go through the exact same process.

MI
Back