The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Getting started with a pop traffic source

medvih

As they say, the most difficult part is getting started.

I am currently getting ready for my first campaign, I did contact several affiliate networks and got accepted in some (will name them when I start a follow along). Basically my offers will be mobile utility apps installs, sweeps and dating. I won't be running several campaigns at the same time for the beginning. I will stick for instance with utility apps and try several offers (2-3), add 2 to 3 landers per offer, then optimize, add offers, kill the ones that don't work, add geos and eventually add traffic sources.

Anyways, right now I am not quite sure what traffic source I should select. You know what they say, too much information kills information. I have the choice between zeropark, propellerads, popads, popcash and adcash.

I was looking for some information about each of these traffic sources with pros and cons (cost, quality,scalability etc...), but was not able to find any detailled guide or case study in the forum (I might be wrong). I don't like to ask questions that already have an answer.

If you need any clarification to be able to help, please ask.

PS: I am using pop traffic in order to deal only with landers for the time being, master this traffic source then move on to work on banner/lander combinations.

For your first mobile campaigns I strongly recommend you to try Mobicow. You will learn how to manage the data for a very low cost. PM me if you need guidance with setting that up

PopAds, PopCash, Mobicow, and Zeropark are great place to start with pop traffic.

Zeropark has a decent volume in mobile pops as well redirect traffic. Min deposit is $200

PopAds and PopCash (ref link)are quite similar in terms of volume and quality of traffic. The min deposit is very low ($10) so its very to get started on your first campaign.
PopAds has better targeting options - OS, carrier, language, device, connection type, etc so its better for running offers with carrier restrictions like mobile subscription offers.

Mobicow is also another great traffic source (AffiliateFix users get a $50 bonus) so there is no reason why you shouldn't be testing. The only downside to Mobicow is the low volume

PopAds, PopCash, Mobicow, and Zeropark are great place to start with pop traffic.

Zeropark has a decent volume in mobile pops as well redirect traffic. Min deposit is $200

PopAds and PopCash (ref link)are quite similar in terms of volume and quality of traffic. The min deposit is very low ($10) so its very to get started on your first campaign.
PopAds has better targeting options - OS, carrier, language, device, connection type, etc so its better for running offers with carrier restrictions like mobile subscription offers.

Mobicow is also another great traffic source (AffiliateFix users get a $50 bonus) so there is no reason why you shouldn't be testing. The only downside to Mobicow is the low volume

Thanks for the detailed answer lrs1995, Any other hints on pop traffic sources?

Most of my friends who are my mentors in this world of marketing have always advised me to use mobicow if i really want to excel my skills when it comes to mobile campaigns. Personally, I have been doing research and analysis just to find out what are some of the benefits and disadvantages of the platform when it comes to marketing. I will be able to identify and make conclusions before the year ends but i see it is a good platform for sure.

MI
Back