The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

From 500$ a month to -10$

Pikachu

affiliate
Hello,

After earning only about 100$ a month I've grown up to about 500$ a month. I'm using only amazon affiliate and I'm tracking my clicks with different IDs.

I had 6 buttons on every reviews pages that I made, and after 6 months of data I've seen that 4 of those buttons were not making me a lot of earnings (around 100$ in 6 months).

So I've deleted them and now I only have 1 button above the fold and 1 button at the end of the review.

My reviews are high quality content and around 3000 words/each.

But even If it seemed logic to me to delete those buttons, I'm now for the month June down to -10$ (yes you read it right, -10$ some guy refunded an article that made me a 50$ commission).

Have you ever seen something like that?

Where are you placing your buttons, and how much?

It seems like I can really earn more if I know where to place my buttons, but it hurts a lot to see that I've lost so much.

My trafic is still the same (50-100 news visitors/day) I still have around the same number of clics each day (40-50) but my conversion rate is now 0,80% (was 5%).

I really don't understand what's happening, what happened...

Thanks in advance!

I'm using only amazon affiliate and I'm tracking my clicks with different IDs.
I can't over-stress how important that tracking is to understand what converts and what does not
star.png

That said: In case you haven't noticed the economy and the world is in turmoil right now. Rampant inflation, supply shortages, war in Europe (Ukraine v. RuZZian invaders) and skyrocketing motor fuel and natural gas prices. Many people are reaching limits of how much they can spend on non-essentials and putting off any unnecessary expenses.

For Amazon: Over the counter drugs and supplements, shoes, socks and under garments, first aid and needed personal items --these are necessary and needed.

Diversions: Kindle, videos and such.

People are not buying what you are selling possibly --right now. Try adding some ads for these types of items to your trafficked pages as impulse buys --creating a time element 'price reduced now' or 'limited quantity' and see if you get some cross-sale conversions.
"Prosperity Is Just Around the Corner." --Herbert Hoover

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

I had 6 buttons on every reviews pages that I made, and after 6 months of data I've seen that 4 of those buttons were not making me a lot of earnings (around 100$ in 6 months).

So I've deleted them and now I only have 1 button above the fold and 1 button at the end of the review.
There could be 1000 reasons as to why your revenue has dropped ranging from seasonality of the products to refunds as you mentionned.

Just one stupid thought: why not just put back these buttons on and see if it makes any difference for the coming month?
I mean, if this is the only change you made to your site, it would not hurt to put them back and see the impact?

That's what i would do. It might not seem logical but at least you would know for sure if it's related.

One thing to add;
Especially for mobile (but desktop too) a buy button in the middle right after a strong selling statement (trial close), can be very effective.
I have tested this on mobile in the past but with 3 offers in a vertical stack --the middle one got the most clicks for me --but was it the offer position or content? IDK for sure.

I can't over-stress how important that tracking is to understand what converts and what does not
star.png
Thanks, I was going to give up on tracking but thanks to you I will keep up doing it!

I didn't even thought about the economy!

Especially for mobile (but desktop too) a buy button in the middle right after a strong selling statement (trial close), can be very effective.
I have tested this on mobile in the past but with 3 offers in a vertical stack --the middle one got the most clicks for me --but was it the offer position or content? IDK for sure.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind my theme as something like that that makes it easy to add a vertical stack to compare 3 products , are you writing "Buy now" on the button or something like "Check prices"?

People are not buying what you are selling possibly --right now. Try adding some ads for these types of items to your trafficked pages as impulse buys --creating a time element 'price reduced now' or 'limited quantity' and see if you get some cross-sale conversions.
I'm going to think about how I could create a time element while applying the amazon TOS, that's a very good idea, thanks again!

Just one stupid thought: why not just put back these buttons on and see if it makes any difference for the coming month?
I mean, if this is the only change you made to your site, it would not hurt to put them back and see the impact?
Yes, I think I'm going to do that after I tried everything that I've been advised on this thread!

better to have more than 1 pea in your pod
That's a good advice, I want to create a 2nd one but I keep on saying "tomorrow, tomorrow" and I still never did it.

Thanks for all your advices guys!

That's a good advice, I want to create a 2nd one but I keep on saying "tomorrow, tomorrow" and I still never did it.

Thanks for all your advices guys!
Ok make a list
day 1 --> web address
day 2 -> hosting package
day 3 --> SSL
day 4 --> CMS
day 5 --> template
day 6 --> logo
day 7 --> menu links
day 8 --> main web pages
day 9 --> about page
day 10 --> 1st post
bang you have a website
& it took you maybe 4 hours

Ok make a list
day 1 --> web address
day 2 -> hosting package
day 3 --> SSL
day 4 --> CMS
day 5 --> template
day 6 --> logo
day 7 --> menu links
day 8 --> main web pages
day 9 --> about page
day 10 --> 1st post
bang you have a website
& it took you maybe 4 hours
Just wanted to say thanks!

I found it so kind that you made a list, so I followed it and.. Boom!

I now have two sites!

Just wanted to say thanks!

I found it so kind that you made a list, so I followed it and.. Boom!

I now have two sites!
You took ACTION
where there is action
there is always reward
sometimes its slow
sometimes its fast
but the saying goes
if you want somethin you never had
you gotta do something you never did
and you just did it
keep moving FORWARD @Pikachu

MI