The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Follow along: First paid Teespring campaign

servandosilva

Hey guys.
i have used Teespring before with Facebook Fanpages but most of my campaigns didn't reach the goal or simply were not good enough because of the quantity of fans I had (decided to use Sunfrog instead).
I decided to move to PPC FB advertising instead, and 2 days ago i launched my first campaign!

Theme: it's based on a TV Series i like. That's all i'm sharing now.
Cost of the T Shirt: $22.99
Earnings per Shirt: $8.99 per each sale

I created it with white color and a very popular phrase shown on the TV series. Available for men, women and hoodies and created a newsfeed image with a red background in MS paint. Next time I'll use Photoshop to make it more professional.

With a target of 10 shirts sold, I'd make $89 dollars, but I could spend even more just for testing purposes. I'd rather pay $120 and sell 10 shirts, than paying $50 and selling 5 shirts only, because i won't get payed and the ROI is worse. (i.e. I spend $120 - $89 = $31 spent vs. $50 spent with no earnings.

Here's how I've done the first 3 days (I set it up for 5 days to create scarcity):

Day 1:
Total Spent: $10
Conversions: 2
CPA: $5
Total shirts sold: 2

Because i'm using a tracking pixel, I discovered the age and gender of my audience. So day 2 was focused just on the gender that converted (2 sales) and just discarded the rest.

Day 2:
Total spent: $30
Conversions: 2
CPA: $15
Total shirts sold: 4

I wanted to get at least 4 conversions on day 2, but I did something stupid and I didn't notice. Instead of running my campaign from 1am to 11pm, I set it from 1am to 11am. So I burned my budget twice as fast and lost conversions. Also, I added "online shopping" behaviors aside from interests. This reduced the possible reach but i thought it would give me more sales. Didn't work for me.

However, i checked the reports and now I chose the best age (the one which gave me more conversions, with less budget and less clicks). Same gender as day 2 only.

Day 3:
Total spent: $18
Conversions: 5
CPA: $3.6
Total shirts sold: 9

Day 3 was my best day until now. Thanks to the reports i've filtered out the gender and ages that don't convert, and focused on the best ages already.
Until know, this means i've spent $58 with a CPA of $6.48. I'm at 37% positive ROI at this moment.

This could be at least 50% ROI if I hadn't spent $30 in less than 12 hours the second day (my mistake) and selected "online shopping" as a behavior, as i could probably had sold at least 4 Shirts that day and i would have reached the 10 shirts target already...

Tomorrow is the big day. i'm pretty sure I will be able to sell at least 1 shirt tomorrow and reach the goal. Hopefully i can sell at least 2 or more shirts with $10 so i can make more profit.
If I sell 2 more shirts with $10, then that would be a total of $68 spent, and $97.9 in earnings, and i would have 1 day more to test. Let's see what happens...

Day 4:
Total spent: $10
Conversions: 0
CPA: N/A
Total Shirts sold: 9

I'll keep this post updated, but probably not until the campaign ends, since I will be out tomorrow (my campaigns are scheduled already). I have a backup plan for day 5 in case I haven't sold the last shirt or in case I just want to make more sales without spending money since i have a Fan page in the same niche. Hopefully that adds 1-3 more shirts at the end...

Dat 5:
Conversions:
CPA:
Total Shirts Sold:

Last edited:
keep going on man. Normally you'll get more sales on the last day than the rest of the days you've been running the campaign.

Thanks everyone for your words.
Here's a little and sad update:

Day 4:

It seems like people are not buying on saturdays. The CTR was really high and got quite a few views, but still no sales yesterday.
Today doesn't look promising either. i'm spending another $10 to see if I reach the goal. 8 hours left before the campaign ends...

I just posted it in a fanpage on the same niche with almost 20k fans. Let's see if that helps.
I'll keep you updated! Otherwise, i'll just promote from monday to friday.

Have you tried using custom audiences instead of JUST your pages?

I've had some early success using an online tool (will have a AF discount for you all shortly)

You can extract those users who are active, comment, like etc

It's shown some really good early results, maybe you could try selling to people who actively do stuff on FB.

Have you tried using custom audiences instead of JUST your pages?

I've had some early success using an online tool (will have a AF discount for you all shortly)

You can extract those users who are active, comment, like etc

It's shown some really good early results, maybe you could try selling to people who actively do stuff on FB.

Hello Oliver. Thanks for chiming in.
I've tried using custom audiences before, but not for T Shirts. Hasn't got me good results yet, or at least not better than interests targeting, but i stopped a few weeks ago when i started hearing about accounts being banned and similar.

I think you're right when you see it was because of the age/name targeting which goes against FB TOS.
Do you think it would be safe to extract (I use SLF) all the active persons from fanpages related to this TV Show?

BTW, the paid advertisings I did in this test were focused to interests and not my fan page. I had the Fan page as a plan B in case I didn't reach the goal, but that's it.

Hello Oliver. Thanks for chiming in.
I've tried using custom audiences before, but not for T Shirts. Hasn't got me good results yet, or at least not better than interests targeting, but i stopped a few weeks ago when i started hearing about accounts being banned and similar.

I think you're right when you see it was because of the age/name targeting which goes against FB TOS.
Do you think it would be safe to extract (I use SLF) all the active persons from fanpages related to this TV Show?

BTW, the paid advertisings I did in this test were focused to interests and not my fan page. I had the Fan page as a plan B in case I didn't reach the goal, but that's it.

I'm personally still using CA's but only in a good manner, i.e. not calling people out like that.

However everything is always at a risk, so it's your call, FB is SO unpredictable.

I'm personally still using CA's but only in a good manner, i.e. not calling people out like that.

However everything is always at a risk, so it's your call, FB is SO unpredictable.

I will make a test and see if it gets approved.
When you scrape a list like that, instead of pointing to 500,000 persons, you usually end with 10,000 or less (unless the pages are really active).

Do you use oCPM and still get conversions with such a small audience (and do you target countries within your CA even if it reduces it more)?

Last edited:
I will make a test and see if it gets approved.
When you scrape a list like that, instead of pointing to 500,000 persons, you usually end with 10,000 or less (unless the pages are really active).

Do you use oCPM and still get conversions with such a small audience (and do you target countries within your CA even if it reduces it more)?

Right now i'm just bidding for likes so I use CA + oCPM.

Thanks everyone for your words.
Here's a little and sad update:

Day 4:

It seems like people are not buying on saturdays. The CTR was really high and got quite a few views, but still no sales yesterday.
Today doesn't look promising either. i'm spending another $10 to see if I reach the goal. 8 hours left before the campaign ends...

I just posted it in a fanpage on the same niche with almost 20k fans. Let's see if that helps.
I'll keep you updated! Otherwise, i'll just promote from monday to friday.

You mention a tracking pixel, is this the conversion pixel from FB that you enter into TS campaign?

If so, where do you look up this information.

I have FB conversion pixel in my TS campaign but have no idea where to see all the data. LOL.

You mention a tracking pixel, is this the conversion pixel from FB that you enter into TS campaign?

If so, where do you look up this information.

I have FB conversion pixel in my TS campaign but have no idea where to see all the data. LOL.

Helo Dencha.
Yes, that's the FB conversion pixel that you add to your teespring campaigns. You can add them on your Teespring dashboard.
Once you do that, create a FB campaign based on website conversions. If you create a website clicks campaign you're not able to watch anything, including the demographics that are buying your Shirts and more.

A quick update guys.
This campaign tipped at 10 shirts.
I was really expecting at least 12-13 to be sold, but that's better than nothing, and I got to learn a few things for my following campaigns.

My overall budget spent was almost $70, which means I only earned $20 from this experiment ($90 earned). ROI = 28% aprox. Still I didn't lose money.
I'm preparing new campaigns as I speak so i can launch at least 3-5 at the same time in different niches and stick with the best. Working on my FB ads designs!

Quick update:

I relaunched this campaign now with 5 colors available and almost the same interests targeting.

Right now I've spent:
- $47

And 24 hours passed and it tipped already with 10 sold. Still 6 days to go.
Earned: $81
Profit: $34
ROI: 72%

Let's see how many can I sell in the next 6 days!

Wow, almost the same meaning?

You think the 5 colours helped it sell?

Congrats man, time to seriously scale this.

Wow, almost the same meaning?

You think the 5 colors helped it sell?

Congrats man, time to seriously scale this.

I KNOW the 5 colors helped to sell them. In my previous campaigns, my color was white and i had some comments saying they would buy it if it was available in blue or grey, etc.
So I added all those colors and i know they helped because you can check which models and colors were bought in your analytics dashboard. :)

4 grey
3 blue
2 pink
1 white

Any recommendations on how to scale this other than increasing my budget on FB Ads? I just don't want to scale it and end up ruining my ROI.

I KNOW the 5 colors helped to sell them. In my previous campaigns, my color was white and i had some comments saying they would buy it if it was available in blue or grey, etc.
So I added all those colors and i know they helped because you can check which models and colors were bought in your analytics dashboard. :)

4 grey
3 blue
2 pink
1 white

Any recommendations on how to scale this other than increasing my budget on FB Ads? I just don't want to scale it and end up ruining my ROI.

Hit me up on Skype.

MI
Back