The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

First website stumbling block..

azdesrt

affiliate
Select a niche you want to work in, then start researching that niche, then select a marketing scheme that works well for that niche, then select offers based on intelligence research.

So TJ, I have done all of this, as well as starting to build my first website. A TON of education over the past several weeks. It is a simple online store. Not WooCommerce, rather product links to to the marketplace for purchase. Some blogs will be included. Problem is, I keep getting turned down by the marketplaces for lack of traffic. Of course, I need the products to go "live" with the site. Quite the conundrum for me. Am I too ambitious from the get-go? Would I be better off doing only a simple site with some blogs and a link here and there for a product to generate traffic and then convert the site to a store down the road? Thank you, and anyone else, who can advise!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your current traffic source? Hope or build it and they will come?
You need to seed the site with traffic from somewhere in a reasonable quantity.
Buy ads or use social media -- use content. You could maybe use some clickbank or share-a-sale stuff for some trial monetization. You have to crawl, walk then run in business ... (or life for that matter).

What is your current traffic source? Hope or build it and they will come?
You need to seed the site with traffic from somewhere in a reasonable quantity.
Buy ads or use social media -- use content. You could maybe use some clickbank or share-a-sale stuff for some trial monetization. You have to crawl, walk then run in business ... (or life for that matter).
Build it and they will come! I've done research on SEO and social media marketing. (Share a sale is one that declined me)
What about going the route of using a service such as VigLink or skimlink?

Last edited:
Yes, that's actually what I meant by saying I've done the research on SEO and social media. I'm going the free route on advertising initially. Once again, I need the products for the site so back to the original question, how to get around the issue of getting approved by the marketplaces I need pre-launch.

There's millions of guys hoping for 'build it and hope they come'
If you have lots of time, money and patience --that may work in the long run if you can develop compelling and popular content --but that is a real log shot today --without the money to gather a skilled development team (IMHO)

Learn how to 'poach' traffic using social media is probably going to be the best way. SEO is not an easy game like it was 10 or 20 years ago. The difference between Social media and SEO is that in social media there are nodes of interest where you may be able to directly participate in --and on a first party basis.

Using SEO is 3rd party directive advertising
|> search user's query >>>google (or any search engine's algorithm) > Your website​
You have twice the work pleasing the user (referral) and satisfying the Search Engines' ever changing criterion (demands)
Demands that are not set forth transparently and are the subject of constant evolutionary change today.

Thank you. Yes, I have been thinking of doing a blog with some relevant topics to generate traffic. More in the line of using the K.I.S.S. method to get myself started. I figure, work on the store in the background and and I can always figure out a way to drive that traffic to the store when the time is right.

I'm in the same boat here. I have a Shopify store and to bolster my inventory for my niche I've joined Amazon associates. I'm mixing it up with dropshipping to start off with. I'll use paid ads, FB business page posts along with product reviews and blogs. I think also by advertising the same product from Amazon on your site as the one you want to become a direct affiliate with will also show you are passionate about their product. Another good point about amazon is rich content in the way of product photos. I was going to post a similar question to this. If you search for top 5 reasons people get declined and read the one from Avantlink. I cant post the link yet as I don't have enough posts. Not enough traffic is the top item.

Top 5 Reasons Your Affiliate Application Was Denied | AvantLink | Affiliate Marketing Best Practices and News

Avantlink has many products in my niche I would like to promote. This link was in the "We're sorry, but at this time.." email I received from them. Have not even tried Amazon yet because I know I will get a similar response. I am just going to start blogging on the site to generate traffic at this point.
I was approved by Amazon yesterday. If your site looks ok and has some content and maybe a few products then it won't be a problem. I have a Shopify store with only 30 products from Aliexpress. What platform are you using. I don't think you can wing it in this game thats why the networks are so picky. It's to protect the merchants corporate image. Also they will expect you to send a decent amount of traffic to the merchant.

Last edited:
It all depends on the ambitions of the merchant and his business acumen. It is possible to trade a lot of 30 goods to get a lot of money and have powerful sponsors/suppliers. And you can sell 100 thousand goods and have low turnover. It looks like you're chasing your own tail: not accepted by marketplaces cause of a low traffic, and a low traffic because the site is not accepted by marketplaces... My partners are currently growing and having a significant fall in traffic and, correspondingly, in conversion rate. After the marketing analysis they found out they their webpage is a crap, and that's the main reason customers don't spend much time on their webpage. So it might be a good idea to think how you're represented online. If ever you consider searching for a professional tech revision, this is how I look for and estimate potential providers https://scoopempire.com/how-to-hire-a-mobile-app-developer/

Last edited:
MI
Back