The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Find someone with a problem

BrianP66

I'm brand new to digital/online marketing. I keep hearing the same rhetoric with regards to selling. Find someone with a problem then help them solve it. I've been watching a Youtuber and he goes on about making endless streams of Youtube videos or a blog every other day. So if I'm going to advertise a pot plant holder on my site that you can purchase from Walmart isn't a youtube video or a blog on pot plant holders a bit excessive or have I got this all wrong. I cant believe that all those Amazon associates are doing youtube videos and blogging to the moon and back. What I've learned so far is that I join an affiliate program through one of the many networks then the affiliate manager sends me promotions for various products with that brand. I then go about advertising through whatever means to drive traffic to the merchant via my site, collecting their email along the way. Is that how it works.

Pot plant holder --indoor MMJ/Cannabis growing? Sounds like a good pandemic product :O)
On collecting emails --good idea. But the follow-through is more work and lots of issues in its implementation.
A video sells an idea not a product, at first anyway. The reason people hype the video approach are the traffic possibilities. Marketing a video is another whole issue -- how many YouTube videos just have <100 views?

Pay Per Sale products usually require pre-selling to get a conversion. Meaning, you need to give people a reason to whip out their credit card because they aren't usually ready to buy, typically are still researching a particular product. Hence all the vlogging and blogging, usually product reviews or comparisons.

Is that how it works.

One of many.

Make it easier for yourself. Funnel flow your marketing. Use a couple of different models for testing.
EXAMPLES (collect emails on landers & redirect back to your site or FB page from thank you pages)
FB ad>FB page>landing page>conversion page>thank you page
Youtube video>landing page>conversion page>thank you page
Youtube video>FB page>landing page>conversion page
IG page>Youtube video>FB page>landing page>conversion page
Google ad (contextual or display)>content site>presell page on content site>conversion page>thank you page
Google ad (contextual or display)>FB page>landing page>conversion page>thank you page

We can go on all night doing this. Here's the thing, it takes testing, lots and lots of testing. Most of us test at least 5 creatives on each ad platform, as well as 5 versions of our landing pages.

You have to start small, learn along the way, and everytime you make changes, try new things, you widen the scope of what works and what doesn't for yourself. There is no "chiseled in stone" starting place. However, what is chiseled in stone is YOU MUST TAKE ACTION and invest in your business!

Be sure to keep asking loads of questions too!

One of many.

Make it easier for yourself. Funnel flow your marketing. Use a couple of different models for testing.
EXAMPLES (collect emails on landers & redirect back to your site or FB page from thank you pages)
Google ad (contextual or display)>content site>presell page on content site>conversion page>thank you page
Google ad (contextual or display)>FB page>landing page>conversion page>thank you page

We can go on all night doing this. Here's the thing, it takes testing, lots and lots of testing. Most of us test at least 5 creatives on each ad platform, as well as 5 versions of our landing pages.

You have to start small, learn along the way, and everytime you make changes, try new things, you widen the scope of what works and what doesn't for yourself. There is no "chiseled in stone" starting place. However, what is chiseled in stone is YOU MUST TAKE ACTION and invest in your business!

Thanks TJ. By Landers do you mean using something like Clickfunnels. Also with redirect is that retargeting incase they don't come back after giving up their email.

Last edited:
Thanks TJ. By Landers do you mean using something like Clickfunnels.

Landers are landing pages. While they can be created in and used with CF, you can also have them made pretty cheaply. Most of us use intelligence platforms to see what landers, what traffic, and what creatives are producing best. Then we have them recreated by outsourcing to inexpensive freelancers. Either way, landers are a very important aspect of what we do.

CF is a great tool, and I can say I still use them to some degree. I have a preference for farming out the work I need done, and then uploading it all to one of my servers.

Landers are landing pages. While they can be created in and used with CF, you can also have them made pretty cheaply. Most of us use intelligence platforms to see what landers, what traffic, and what creatives are producing best. Then we have them recreated by outsourcing to inexpensive freelancers. Either way, landers are a very important aspect of what we do.

CF is a great tool, and I can say I still use them to some degree. I have a preference for farming out the work I need done, and then uploading it all to one of my servers.
If I pay for word search ad on Google and direct them to the product page then thats my landing page. Are you talking about more advanced landing pages as I'm only just starting out.

One of many.

Is the method I described the second from bottom on your list as that seems the easiest for a beginner.

Is the method I described the second from bottom on your list as that seems the easiest for a beginner.

More or less.

I'm not sure I would recommend Google Ads for a beginner, it can get very very expensive, but the experience would be invaluable. If you are not an experienced content marketer, I may suggest getting your feet wet with a less expensive traffic source while learning the ropes of a content marketer.

Content marketing is marketing model segment that has stood the test of time and will always be there as the core of most marketing in one way or another.

I suggest using this:
ad (creative)>landing page (collect email)>conversion page>thank you page (provided by conversion page)

For beginners, use the simplest means possible so as to get yourself familiar with the various tools, methods, and philosophies. You need some time to get familiar with learning copy, working with creatives, learning to use and read data from your tracker, scaling, studying day parting, partner blocking, and developing your skills with hooks, angles, and triggers.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. I used to teach skiing, white water kayaking, and I have trained sales people, built many businesses and trained staff. Anytime one is learning something, it appears to them to be a lot, but it isn't. I remember at 17, my golf coach trying to get me to make a change in my swing for an entire summer. I can't tell you how many times he shook his head in dismay, like I was thick headed or something (I am sometimes). Then after about two months, it suddenly registered in my brain what he wanted. As soon as that epiphytic moment occurred, I made the change in a moment, completely understood it, and wondered "why the hell did it take me two f***ing months to figure this out!" You will have these moments, do not let them deter you.

Last edited:
More or less.

I'm not sure I would recommend Google Ads for a beginner, it can get very very expensive, but the experience would be invaluable. If you are not an experienced content marketer, I may suggest getting your feet wet with a less expensive traffic source while learning the ropes of a content marketer.

Content marketing is marketing model segment that has stood the test of time and will always be there as the core of most marketing in one way or another.

I suggest using this:
ad (creative)>landing page (collect email)>conversion page>thank you page (provided by conversion page)

For beginners, use the simplest means possible so as to get yourself familiar with the various tools, methods, and philosophies. You need some time to get familiar with learning copy, working with creatives, learning to use and read data from your tracker, scaling, studying day parting, partner blocking, and developing your skills with hooks, angles, and triggers.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. I used to teach skiing, white water kayaking, and I have trained sales people, built many businesses and trained staff. Anytime one is learning something, it appears to them to be a lot, but it isn't. I remember at 17, my golf coach trying to get me to make a change in my swing for an entire summer. I can't tell you how many times he shook his head in dismay, like I was thick headed or something (I am sometimes). Then after about two months, it suddenly registered in my brain what he wanted. As soon as that epiphytic moment occurred, I made the change in a moment, completely understood it, and wondered "why the hell did it take me two f***ing months to figure this out!" You will have these moments, do not let them deter you.
I love this response. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back