The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Fashion Affiliate Marketing Journey 2021 (SEO Traffic)

This sounds interesting but o must confess that i dont understand how this will work, are u inviting us to invest in your business plan or u just showing that to us...... Kindly explain further

Have you read this thread from the beginning or any other Honeybadger threads?

This thread, like many others by Honeybadger, are demonstrations of what is delivering success. Many threads by this member reveal the results of various portions of the business structure, campaign structure, content structure, personal challenges experienced, issues to overcome and how they were overcome, etc., etc.

The purpose is twofold. It is a clear and honorable demonstration of generosity so that others in this community can have first hand, and clear, examples of what works and what may not. A very selfless act to be a committed member of our community that is built on sharing and supporting one another's efforts. Secondly, it helps Honeybadger immensely by documenting business activities and seeking additional guidance and feedback from the members.

Have you read this thread from the beginning or any other Honeybadger threads?

This thread, like many others by Honeybadger, are demonstrations of what is delivering success. Many threads by this member reveal the results of various portions of the business structure, campaign structure, content structure, personal challenges experienced, issues to overcome and how they were overcome, etc., etc.

The purpose is twofold. It is a clear and honorable demonstration of generosity so that others in this community can have first hand, and clear, examples of what works and what may not. A very selfless act to be a committed member of our community that is built on sharing and supporting one another's efforts. Secondly, it helps Honeybadger immensely by documenting business activities and seeking additional guidance and feedback from the members.

Well-said TJ, couldn't of explained that better! :)

The local zoning laws here prohibit parking a vehicle and setting up camp --especially in any urban areas. *Urban campers be aware!
You might go out for a walk or leave for some 'excursion' for a few hours and find your home towed away :p

Affiliate Business Report - Week 7 of 52
2.12.2021 - 2.18.2021

Week 7 Commission
$214 from 8 networks (all fashion clothing) -->

1. .. $61
2. .. $39
3. .. $13
4. .. $0
5. .. $98
6. .. $0 (no programs)
7. .. $0 (no programs)
8. .. $3

Project Notes
  • Development work --> I've been ill this week, culmination (since Covid-19 started) of not working out, steadily gaining weight and eating unhealthy food/drinking strong and hard, so focused more on my health and less on affiliate marketing this week, also need to complete "Introduction to Web Accessibility" course end of March (deadline) as I hate having unchecked boxes on the To Do list
  • Traffic & analytics stats --> Traffic goes up and down according to 3 main influences --> 1, Google rank 2, seasonal events/weather 3, how many new affiliate products I've added, main traffic source (86%) is still SEO while 12% is returning visitor (that percentage seems to go up when I add products every day, rather than every couple days or week, generally my rankings are stable but I could and should be doing alot more
  • Commissions earned --> banked $214 this week, so its again below $300 weekly target for Feb, but it's all by own fault (someone needs to light a fire under that boy's @$$), got one more week then targets increase again, but still need to launch another 5 sites (got 5 sites live now), I cannot change the targets until 2022 so I need to improve my game and start really earning some serious lettuce
  • New software tested --> None, but I've set all my Wordpress sites to automatic updates which saves so much time, and if it breaks, well then it breaks and I'll try to fix it
  • Next week --> Gotta be organized like a machine and put everything in calendar, but also relax like a lazy cat, it's all about the ying and the yang
  • Motorhome --> I thought of doing some marketing work for a motorhome company, and get a motorhome in return, it's a fledgling idea but I believe its got potential --> just need the right angle

Buy a short school bus used and rebuild it. $5,000-$10,000 if the engine and trans are still in good shape.

Practical terms its a good idea
But I was trying to blend in !! :eek:
Want it to look like regular work van
Being realistic (based on current commission) in year 1
.. it's probably going to be extended wheelbase cargo van
Tall enough to stand up inside
Will pay for carpenter, plumber and electrician

Now if I hadn't been so lazy ..

Quick Update

Much easier to do keyword research with Neil Patel Chrome Extensions
I'm finding so much more traffic opprtunities
Been creating alot of blog posts and FAQ pages this weekend
Early signs are very good
Getting ranked on Google super fast and getting impressions/traffic (ratio 10:1)
Now I need to see if that traffic converts
There should be a percentage of customers that click and buy something (even if its not what I'm promoting, especially on Amazon)
Hopefully there's a formula I can replicate x 10 sites

Affiliate Business Report - Week 8 of 52
2.19.2021 - 2.25.2021

Week 8 Commission
$131 from 5 networks (all fashion clothing)

Project Notes
  • Development work --> Slowly getting better, was severe allergic reaction to bug bite (aka "Anaphylaxis" been having them since I was a kid), causes breathing difficulty, dizziness, sickness, headaches, managed to do some content updates but didn't get much done this week
  • Traffic & analytics stats --> Traffic has started dipping below 400 visits/day which I understand is probably because I'm promoting winter fashion and my target markets (US, Canada, Ireland, UK) are looking for the spring collections as it's getting warmer, so I need to start researching the new products and see what has enough volume worth promoting, also who are my new competitors?
  • Commissions earned --> banked $131 this week, so its well below $300 weekly target for Feb, and it doesn't meet my bills which has set off some alarms bells, after this weekend the target for March comes into play ($3,000) so I need to focus on each of my 10 sites earning minimum $10/day each, this meets all my bills and provides springboard for April target ($4,500)
  • New software tested --> Found a useful free tool that checks all social media accounts --> namechk.com, also testing different free features of Adobe Spark --> spark.adobe.com
  • Next week --> Need to create a full month plan for March this weekend, and follow it ruthlessly from Monday morning
  • Motorhome --> After all that I decided not to get a motorhome and instead find a mountain log cabin

Quick update
Set up 3 new affiliate sites
It's so fast with a template that it takes 2-3 hours
The website is indexed by Google after 24 hours
(indexed doesn't mean ranking for competitive queries)
If you read this I recommend you create a template
Then you can clone real fast
Now I need to get final 2 sites online (total 10 sites)
Then onto the really fun (sometimes ultra boring) part --> promotion
  1. content
  2. optimization
  3. ranking
  4. traffic
  5. clicks
  6. sales
  7. commission
  8. payment
Been getting lots of DM's about SEO
Happy to help anyone with questions
Or post in thread

Weight Loss (not an advert)
I may have found the cure to weight loss
Along with regular exercise & healthy diet
I have started drinking 100% Cranberry & Raspberry Juice
made by Ocean Spray
1st tried just cranberry but it tastes foul
The one with raspberry is much sweeter
--> now losing 1.5lbs/week (avg)
Only problem is tastes nice
So I need to have 8oz or 16oz bottles pre-filled
Then only drink 1 per day
Discipline !! :confused:o_O:eek:

No thanks

van-down-by-the-river.jpg

You should get an older van with no computer ignition --bug out vehicle --after the EMP attack and the zombie apocalypse. Pre 1968 VW pop-up camper works :)

Affiliate Business Report - Week 9 of 52
2.26.2021 - 3.4.2021

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7)

Week 9 Commission
$146 from 5 networks (all fashion clothing)
  1. $36
  2. $30
  3. $9
  4. $64
  5. $7
Project Notes
  • 10 affiliate sites are online, in different development stages
  • Workload to get all these sites ranking and earning is insane
  • Main target for March 2021 (10 sites @ $10/day = $3,000) was wildly unrealistic
  • Learned alot about planning (keep plans/tasks super simple & be consistent)
  • Earned $146 commissions this week, nowhere near new $750/week target
  • Business is now losing money - although banked $1,700 this week (from December)
  • Considering some premium software subscriptions
  • Getting hooked on You Tube log cabin videos
  • Next week I have a monster list of technical checks x 10 sites
  • Need to set clear targets & stay focused

Quick update

I now have 14 sites live
Hours capped to 8 per day (no work weekends) / some things you just dont bargain about, like a double bed or fresh coffee
Branching out carefully from fashion (still main play) into
  • Nutra hardware for improved fitness ("buy this best selling machine and lose xxx lbs in one month!")
  • Online education for career progression ("study this certified course and earn xxx,xxx with this job!")
You got it, still learning !! :eek:
Have been making alot of mistakes, mainly that lead to wasting time through inefficiency
Learning alot more than before

Got cash in the bank and time
But not enough of either to get comfortable

Affiliate Business Report - Week 10 of 52
3.5.2021 - 3.11.2021

"When you focus on problems, you get more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you have more opportunities"

Week 10 Commission

$296
from 5 networks (all fashion clothing) and 1 affiliate website
  1. $19 (Amazon)
  2. $41 (Network 2)
  3. $10 (Network 3)
  4. $69 (Network 4)
  5. $157 (Network 5) - see notes
Project Notes
  • Working on portfolio of 10 sites, but only 1 is generating commissions, because theres alot of work to do on the other 9 sites, could have launch sites individually wehn completed but I prefer to have 10 in play and get ranked asap, time will tell if it was a big mistake in planning
  • Successfully claimed a refund of over $145, after finding that the network had made a commission decrease of 50% on one of my top affiliate programs, the decrease wasnt agreed and automatically came into effect at 00.01 on January 1, 2021, had to make some calls and waited over 2 weeks but got there in the end and the network acted very professionally throughout the claim
  • Spending 30 minutes (every weekday) on each of my 10 main websites, which I pre-plan in Google Calendar with a simple task for each site, and if there is time left I have up to 2 additional tasks for each site, although I still find it hard not to get distracted, but 2.5 hours per week on each site should be enough to generate $10/day per site so $50 commission is effectively $20/hour but after deductions its more like $10/hour, I have to value my time at minimum $10/hour so I cannot work more hours in my schedule any more
  • Main target for March 2021 (10 sites @ $10/day = $3,000) looks like ends up between $750 and $1,000 in commission which is nowhere near target but from only 1 site so its not a disaster, and if all 10 sites were perfoming at that level the monthly commission would be in the $7,500 thru $10,000
  • Got a weekday schedule on the wall with key activities, like fitness, meals, affiliate work, learning, social, I find it helps to have a visual reminder of wtf I need to be doing
  • Reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill for the 3rd time (3rd purchase from Amazon) and taking it very seriously, got the book filled with sticky notes on each chapter head to make sure I follow the 13 rules to success
  • Gotta say after receiving $5,000 in the past months I did get a little bit comfortable (and my flat chest became a wobbly belly) but now Im much more focused on GSD (getting sh!t done)

Affiliate Business Report - Week 11 of 52
3.12.2021 - 3.18.2021

"A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence" << Jim Watkins

Week 11 Commission

$89
from 5 networks (all fashion clothing) and 1 affiliate website
  1. $17
  2. $22
  3. $14
  4. $2
  5. $34
Project Notes
  • Working on portfolio of 15 affiliate sites (5 nutra, 10 fashion clothing) it's a very risky strategy trying to rank all 15 sites on Google (one traffic source even riskier) at once, max 30 minutes for each site per day (7.5 hours/day)
  • Successful green campaign of 2020 is now turning from a black campaign (generating enough to pay bills) into a red campaign (doesn't pay bills any more), although still gets 200-300 visits per day and $10-15 sales per day so I will keep updating it
  • Current strategy is to get enough traffic to the 15 sites (from Google organic search) to generate just $10 per day from each site, if successful it's $1,050 per week, in order to make $10 per day it's calculated on 10 sales, each $1 commission, however it can be any other combination as long as commission is $10, but for 10 sales need approximately 100 visitors per day to each site because my sites are so niche that 10% conversion is reasonable, and hoping that summer 2021 sales and Christmas 2021 sales will fill the revenue gap from January and February 2021
  • Found some new Wordpress themes that work smoothly on desktop, tablet and smartphone, identified from advanced theme search and careful reading of customer feedback, theme manual and several hours testing
  • Very focused routine, waking up and going to sleep at the same, eating 3 set meals, working set hours on pre-planned schedule created the night before and store in Google Calendar, this sends me a full daily schedule every morning, and flags the start of each new job with device notifications and email alerts to my phone
  • Sharing a quote from Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill >> "handicaps can be converted into stepping stones on which one may climb towards some worthy goal, unless they are accepted as obstacles and used as alibis"
  • In 2 weeks from now will post Q1 review (will be a painful experience :()

Last edited:
Some tips on how to visualize your success

I have mostly been building websites for the past month, and though my commissions are down, still firmly believe 100% that I will be successful and achieve my goals, here are some things I have been trying in order to visualize my goals ..
  1. Quantify your goals in numbers
  2. Set a date on which to complete your goals
  3. Write your goals down
  4. Include short, medium and long term goals
  5. Add any important details
  6. Keep your goals in physical view
  7. Recite your goals when you wake up and before you sleep
  8. Repeat your goals whenever you get distracted
  9. Talk out loud to yourself about how your goals are progressing
  10. Imagine the senses of your goals (sight, sound, smell, touch, temperature)
  11. Find photographs of your goals to put on your walls
  12. Add digital images of your goals on your computer and smartphone
  13. Write out flip cards, each with a goal on, to flip through
  14. Create a creative vision board with all your goals on
  15. Plan celebration events when you complete each goal
  16. Listen to positive music when you think about your goals
  17. Regularly watch videos related to your goals
  18. Read books by people who succeeded at similar goals
  19. Record your goals and set them as your alarm clock tone
  20. Talk yourself through all the stages of your goals
  21. Search Google for new ways to visualize your goals
Sources > www.mindtools.com / www.entrepreneur.com / www.lifehack.org / www.forbes.com / www.tonyrobbins.com / www.g2.com / www.tableau.com / www.hbs.edu / www.neilpatel.com / www.google.com

Last edited:
Brief Update
  • Commission now below $100 per week, which is great because I've learnt 2 big lessons in affiliate marketing --> know when to get off a wave before it crashes, have multiple "irons in the fire"
  • Decided 15 sites is too many, so trimmed it down to 10 affiliate sites
  • Q1 report coming next week, weekly report tomorrow
  • @azgold is back ;)

Been getting lots of DM's about SEO

Wish they'd ask publicly in a thread, so everyone can benefit.

still firmly believe 100% that I will be successful and achieve my goals

I believe you will, too! I don't believe you can fail the way you're going.

"A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence" << Jim Watkins

/\ And that's why. :) You don't give up, you keep learning, adjusting and moving.

Your success visualization tips are awesome, by the way. :)

Never completely left, just here less often. I'm retired but just can't seem to stay away for too long. ;)

Affiliate Business Report - Week 12 of 52
3.19.2021 - 3.25.2021

“I’ve learned that the long-game is the shortcut” ― Richie Norton

Week 12 Commission
$76 from 5 networks (1 fashion clothing site) -->

1. .. $28 (Amazon Associates)
2. .. $11
3. .. $27
4. .. $0
5. .. $10

Project Notes
  • Development work --> Been an on-and-off week as I had some health issues, mainly due to weight gain since Covid-19 started (went from 180lbs to 250lbs), and it's been attacking all parts of my body, even to the point where the stress caused by being overweight is causing headaches, fatigue and pains all over, doctor said alot of people are going through this and to eat healthy food (which I already do) and get more physical activity
  • Traffic & analytics stats --> My Google rankings clearly go up and down dependent on how often I publish new porducts and product news posts, and since I'm spending so much time developing 9 other sites (which aren't monetized yet) my rankings are down, traffic is down, commission is down, it's all very predictable so I'm not worried, the big plan for April is to get all 10 sites rankings, getting visits, clicks and commission, also this is a great video Neil Patel recently posted about how to grow an email subscirber list (something I plan to do later on)
  • Commissions earned --> banked $76 this week which is just pocket money now (pays for the wine), got around $1500 payments coming this week, but then the river becomes a stream, April and May commissions will be around $500 each, gotta watching spending (time for the cheap beer !! :eek:)
  • New software tested --> Google Calendar is most important right now, I've scheduled April activity in detail (to each hour) which is the first time planning an entire month in advance, and every morning early I get the email from Google Calendar with my daily activity - highly recommend trying this, also check out Landing Page Guys channel on YouTube as they're posting alot of amazing landing page conversion videos --> www.youtube.com/user/LandingPageGuys
  • Next week --> Need to finished by revised business plan, it's going to be a big challenge following a pre-scheduled hourly plan for 30 days, but I need to organize (big shout out to Elon Musk for the Timeboxing idea, video below) so my 10 affiliate product sites will be all ranking and earning commission together as planned

Hello HoneyBadger,

I'm just new here but really inspired by your up-to-date story (or dairy maybe). I've read from the first page and please allow for some of my thoughts (also forgive me if I miss some details).

1. The sales from first months were great, but the recent ones doesn't meet your expectation. I just think it might be because of its seasonal features (you said you choose seasonal products), fashion niches might be great but we should know when it's on down trend.
2. Please tell me if you are doing the whole things on your own! Because managing > 10 sites and making money from them is insane and might be overwhelming for 1 person. If you outsource some of stages (or tasks), it does make sense.
=> Anyway I just want to say you should balance your routine as I read and see your productivity decreased at some points (you said you used to drink Gin or something. And very little time for resting during a day)
3. Will keep notified of your thread as I don't usually see on-going case study. It's always successful stories with thousand $/ day without mention the detailed fail tests and trials. I love to see this kind.

Keep going bro!!

@tng2411

I'm just new here but really inspired by your up-to-date story (or dairy maybe). I've read from the first page and please allow for some of my thoughts (also forgive me if I miss some details).

Glad you found the thread helpful
I try to be honest because otherwise people get false expectations

1. The sales from first months were great, but the recent ones doesn't meet your expectation. I just think it might be because of its seasonal features (you said you choose seasonal products), fashion niches might be great but we should know when it's on down trend.

2020 was great, building up to Christmas
From January sales have gradually declined

2. Please tell me if you are doing the whole things on your own! Because managing > 10 sites and making money from them is insane and might be overwhelming for 1 person. If you outsource some of stages (or tasks), it does make sense.

Yup, lone wolf right now
You are correct 10 sites is alot
I just need a rountine and it's doable
But if I find an easier way along the path I'll take it
.. and I'll share it with you guys

=> Anyway I just want to say you should balance your routine as I read and see your productivity decreased at some points (you said you used to drink Gin or something. And very little time for resting during a day)

You're right about the gin
I've stopped drinking alchohol for April to help with losing weight
Health problems will get worse until I start working out again
It's quite personal, but thought it was important to share with the forum so everyone understands the risks (and hopefully doesn't copy it)

3. Will keep notified of your thread as I don't usually see on-going case study. It's always successful stories with thousand $/ day without mention the detailed fail tests and trials. I love to see this kind.

The major problems I've faced are self-created
  1. Getting distracted by shiny new things
  2. Not being organized (not following a routine)
  3. Healthy problems (weight gain)
Best successes so far
  1. Earning $12k
  2. Paying all bills from affiliate marketing
  3. Not having a boss
Keep going bro!!

You bet, stick around friend !! ;)

banners
Back