The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Fashion Affiliate Marketing Journey 2021 (SEO Traffic)

Quick update
Today I'm timing a new website set-up
Also typing up each step (with quick links)
Complete from domain reg to search ready
It should take 4-6 hours
This will be big step towards cloning
10 sites live & earning is target

Generally, It's wise to build on your successes. However, I have seen others succeed by hijacking and improving the business models of others (economic disruption).
Then there is the phenomena of chaos --storming the Bastille or the current pump and dump of Gamestop by the Bitcoin Posse. :D

Affiliate Business Report - Week 5 of 52
1.29.2021 - 2.4.2021

Week 5 Commission
$206 from 6 networks (all fashion clothing) -->
  1. $61
  2. $45
  3. $20
  4. $74
  5. $5
  6. $1
Project Notes
  • Development work --> Domestic challenges this week relating to Covid-19 meant less project hours, but main focus has been to re-install Site 3 and time entire site construction from start (domain registration) to finish (indexed, traffic & 1st commission click), its far from the well-oil machine but I'm getting more things automated and templated ready for next week (bulk site cloning)
  • Traffic & analytics stats --> Traffic is erratic up and down, avg. 500 visits/day, 85% organic Google traffic, 12% returning customers (this includes browser bookmarks, emails, text messages, social sharing like SnapChat, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and URL type-in traffic), 3% links
  • Commissions earned --> banked $206 this week, far below $300 weekly target, but I think it will go up when new sites get indexed, and bring traffic to start generating commission
  • New software tested --> Using Google Site Kit plug-in to connect Google Analytics and Google Search Console in Wordpress, Site Kit has may improvements now far superior to other WP analytics plugins, it also saves my time, shows most important visitor statistics in WP dashboard so I only go to Google Analytics, Google PageSpeed Insights and Google Search Console for deeper investigation of specific content, Site Kit gets 3.9 out of 5 stars on its Wordpress plug-in page but I haven't had any problems so far, also been testing different time tracking tools (I get alot more done when I'm on the clock !!)
  • Next week --> Finishing the timed Wordpress site this weekend (normally don't work weekend, but behind schedule and under commission target), next week rolling out 1 new site each day (5 sites), all fashion clothing niche, also next week I will have a firm plan for my new motorhome (with office space), and purchase date, because I learn that you must always make plans with great detail & target date
  • Motorhome - Must have --> Double bed, shower, toilet (ideally with hot tub for 2 people), kitchen (with dining table), office space for upto 4 people, Wifi, surround sound, flatscreen TV, ideally also 1 x motorbike storage, I like the plan style of this RV but needs to be bigger --> good post about RV lifestyle boom from Business Insider
5f57e8a8e6ff30001d4e79ba

Last edited:
Hard to find right RV/motorhome van model
Looking for RV that looks more like a van
Much easier to park a van that doesn't look like an RV
Also the van look is much cooler, like the A-Team !!

4 main areas
  1. Sleep, 8ft²
  2. Kitchen/WC, 8ft² (?)
  3. Office, 8ft²
  4. Driver, 8ft²
If each section is 8ft², total length 4 x 8ft² = 32ft

Unless the office & sleep area are combined (use one in day, other in night)

The-Convertible-Cabin-1.png

Competitor has irrelevant content to query, and doesn't follow all rules
99% of the time competitor also paying for Google Ads
Google says there's no link between SEO & PPC
But either Google algorithm is broken, or Ads do affect ranking
  1. Some think rules are meant to be broken -- until they get caught.
    The typical low-life no mia culpa plea is: He does it why can't I?
    The answer is: You got caught (dumb-shit).
  2. I have heard the AdWords/Google Ads SEO accusations many time in the past.
    It may just be the competitor's Time on Page and/or other metrics just look better? No way to really tell ...

Update

I really had to work hard to get rankings, it was wake up every day and from 8am until 8pm do the same things over and over, and I did it for 6 months
  • Identify trends & the resulting products that solve problems
  • Check that those products have enough Google search volume
  • Add new product pages to the website
  • Optimize product pages for customer and SEO
  • Source high quality product images then crop and optimize
  • Create category pages & optimize H1,H2,H3 titles
I also keep up with all latest search engine and web development software news direct from the companies I use, through blogs, You Tube videos, podcasts and forums

On top of these I'm always testing new software and looking at competitor website to learn marketing strategies and implement new ranking tactics

It's not being rude to the rest of the forum, but according to figures the fail rate in affiliate marketing is 95%, which leads me to assume that only 5% of people are actively taking their game to this level

I know that the information can be buried, and that there are so many strategies, networks and programs to choose from it can be overwhelming --> but this strategy I have been following actually works

When I have 10 sites all generating $50 a day each its $182,500/year and all the hard work will have been worth it

It's no wonder you're feeling stressed and having trouble sleeping. You're cramming a ton in everyday without any time off. Don't forget to do something completely different/fun/relaxing once in a while. Refresh your mind and spirit.

They are awesome, currently building one myself from a panel van. Been travelling since Sep 2019 living in a motorhome ;) wifi on the road.
Until now, with covid of course.

Do you know any good blogs, podcasts or video channels about working as affiliate & living in motorhome?

Quite a few vloggers on youtube work on the road, not sure of affiliates but I'm sure there will be loads!

Yup, I've seen some but I can't remember who they are so I can pass on their names.

There's (at least) one that lives in a van and travels around Australia and a few travel writers who do it. There are quite a few people who live off-grid who are affiliates, too.

Yup, I've seen some but I can't remember who they are so I can pass on their names.

There's (at least) one that lives in a van and travels around Australia and a few travel writers who do it. There are quite a few people who live off-grid who are affiliates, too.

Yeah people run stores, normal work from home jobs or live in and travel with retirement, there will definitely be affiliates just maybe not public about it, which neither am I haha

Affiliate Business Report - Week 6 of 52
2.5.2021 - 2.11.2021

Week 6 Commission
$231 from 6 networks (all fashion clothing) -->
  1. $66
  2. $58
  3. $17
  4. $90
  5. $0
  6. $0
Project Notes
  • Development work --> I have been reading alot about how to optimize sites for users with disability, and I started a free online course from W3C, Edx, UNESCO and United Nations called "Introduction to Web Accessibility", it really hits home when you see how blind people struggle to use the internet because of inaccessible web design, so from now on I will try to make all my content accessible, which has the knock-on effect of helping SEO since search engines cannot "see" web pages like regular users, I'm studying 1 hour per day and it's a 25-hour course so should complete 2nd week in March
  • Traffic & analytics stats --> Traffic moving up steadily, Saturday is always a good day but this Saturday just gone was by best day traffic day of 2021, and it comes after alot of updates, new products and optimization, the real test will be when I have 10 sites live how I managed my time efficiently to get the most important things done and not get distracted, and as @Graybeard has pointed out many times I'm 100% relying on one traffic source - Google - which means I'm extremely vulnerable to Google algorithm changes
  • Commissions earned --> banked $231 this week, disappointed to land below $300 weekly target again, but it's through not ranking yet rather than red campaigns, I really need to hit $300 in one of the next 2 weeks as the monthly target increases again on March 1 (as planned), if I have all 10 sites ranking then $15/day/site target for March ($150/day - $1,050/week - $4,500/month) is a difficult but achievable target, and since I have failed January and February targets will need to earn extra commission down the line
  • New software tested --> Using Google Site Kit plug-in has saved so much time, apart from that I haven't tested much new software, but rather staying on the news pulse with anything related to the programs that I currently use, the main change from last week was switching Google ranking tracker from Semrush (they just increased prices on already overpriced product) to Neil Patel (also has a free version, but paid version is much more affordable than Semrush), I've always respected Neil Patel's traffic-boosting tips but was put off by his overly in-your-face promotion style, so what's changed? Nothing really, I just decided to try his products again --> But if you haven't got budget for software I recommend using Google Search Console which is probably the best free keyword tracker on the market, and generate your rankings manually each month --> Almost forgot :eek: check out Neil Patel's newly-updated keyword add-on for Google Chrome browser (it's pretty sick !! ;))
  • Next week --> Staying focused (!) @T J Tutor any tips? I need to get ALL 10 affiliate sites finished, optimized, indexed, getting traffic and earning commission, the first dollar on my debut site was a very important step, so will be the same for each addition site, because then I know the system works - and just needs to be improved, but I'll have to stop drinking gin and Italian lemonade with freshly squeezed lemons for lunch, and I need to stop working late and go relax (you're right @azgold !! :))
  • Motorhome --> I've decided to take my motorhome plans to the next level by sending out some email enquiries and started following some motorhome/RV channels on You Tube

Last edited:
Staying focused (!) @T J Tutor any tips?

YES! DISTRACTION! Select a couple of distractions that are of great joy, or great comfort, or great challenge, or something that offers contentment (my favorite), etc. For my wife, it's crosswords and Sudoku. For me, it's playing with our golden retriever Buddy, or taking a walk on the property, maybe tending the many plants in the house, or even doing a few minutes of housework or gardening. The rule is, you spend no more than five or ten minutes with them per hour, or anytime you know you know an answer to something but can't put your finger on it. Distractions, for an agile mind, can be a blessing because agile minds tend to control distractions. Therefore, why not put them to work for ourselves.

I love yachts and sometimes just hop over to BoatTest.com for a couple of quick walkthrough videos of a boat or ship.
I love fishing, sometimes I will watch a bit of bass pros at a tournament.

Distractions are like drugs, properly used they contribute to your well being, abused, they bring wretched results.

I need to get ALL 10 affiliate sites finished

Pace yourself, follow your plan, make adjustments as needed, and don't let the project(s) run your life! You know what you are doing and you know full well that sometimes timetables, like so many things in life, must be adjusted. Don't let time become your enemy or adversary in any way. Remember, you decide what comes next, not the clock!

I'll have to stop drinking gin and Italian lemonade with freshly squeezed lemons for lunch

There was a time when I often had a bit of libation early in the day. I can't seem to tolerate it like I once did. When I was twenty I would smoke a doobie on the way to work, have a shot and a beer when I got there, and would maintain a nice buzz all day. ( I should clarify, my family owned and operated an upper middle class restaurant and nightclub.). Nowadays, I can't do any of that before all of my responsibilities are met for the day.

Quick update
Very busy working on 4 new affiliate sites
Plan is post weekly journey update every Friday morning -->
  • Development work
  • Traffic & analytics stats
  • Commissions earned
  • New software tested
  • Answer your questions
This sounds interesting but o must confess that i dont understand how this will work, are u inviting us to invest in your business plan or u just showing that to us...... Kindly explain further

This sounds interesting but o must confess that i dont understand how this will work, are u inviting us to invest in your business plan or u just showing that to us...... Kindly explain further

@Yusuff waheed
Not selling anything, friend
There are no sponsored mentions or affiliate ID's in any of my 1,300+ posts
Sharing for 3 reasons
  1. Posting publicly keeps me accountable, it's like having a personal trainer
  2. Honest reports open to constructive criticism (helps develop better strategy/tactics)
  3. Sharing helps people (like you) learn what's possible, and help people who have lost job during Covid-19 to earn a living
There's zero benefit in me not posting truthfully
It would be wasting time and boosting the ego of an avatar

MI
Back