The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook banning my affiliate links

Miha Mohorko

affiliate
Hi there.

Facebook is my main source of traffic and today I wanted to start two affiliate offers - sweepstakes, but Facebook didn't let my link through. The offers were not something Facebook would usually think it's against their rules:

1. Australia - Win a free cruise vacation (email submit)
2. Win a 200 EUR worth H&M voucher (email submit)

Questions for you guys:

1. Did any of you guys do sweepstake offers on Facebook successfully?
2. If yes - did you do direct linking or did you made your landing page and redirect them to your affiliate link?
3. What kind of affiliate offers run best on Facebook (except TeeSpring) - and where (what affiliate network) do you get best offers?

Thanks for sharing your experience & advice.

Regards,
E44

With any of the social platforms, it's generally safer to link to a landing page. That also gives you the chance to capture email addresses, if you want to build a list.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am not really into cloaking. I just want to find some good offers that are totally fine with Facebook. I am searching for offers at CJ.com now.

Facebook banned email submits years ago... hence why you can get ads approved for those.

Didn't know that. I am running all kinds of sweepstakes with email submit for the company I work for in Slovenia ... and it's very successful. I am getting leads for 0,15 EUR. So I thought email submits would be easy money if I run affiliate offers. Maybe it's fine because the companies website has a good reputation? And the links are not affiliate?

The strange thing about this is that Facebook recently made a "lead generation" type of add. So I don't see why would they have something aginst this ...

lead gen and email submits for the 'get a free giftcard' are 2 very different things. I believe what Facebook did not like was how the email submit offers were marketed as getting something for free when in reality they aren't.

Its also possible that sweekstakes are fine to do on FB in Slovenia. Some things FB bans are country-specific.

Yes, that is possible. I am still wondering if I should put in the effort and create a landing page and then redirect the user to the affiliate offer. The cruise giveaway is tempting. People love to travel and it's quite easy to get them to click (hi CTR = low click cost) and leave their email.

lead gen and email submits for the 'get a free giftcard' are 2 very different things.

I agree with that. Although I did use lead gen Fb ads for sweepstakes in Slovenia. Again - either they didn't notice (Slovenian language) or its country specific and it's ok ... But the funny thing was - it was more expensive to do lead gen ads then clicks to website and make them convert there. So I stopped using lead gen ads for this kind of things.

If you want to run affiliate links on FB you need to cloak and use landing pages. Otherwise they'll reject all of your links.

Are you saying they are rejecting all aff links by default? It used to be possible a few month ago if the offer was let's say retail or something that was good for their users ...

It's definitely harder these days to post aff links on FB. As someone mentioned previously, you may want to use landing pages.

Are you saying they are rejecting all aff links by default? It used to be possible a few month ago if the offer was let's say retail or something that was good for their users ...
It depends on the domain and if it's banned or not.
You can still pass a lot of affiliate links from small networks or direct advertisers though, but for CPA networks most of their links are completely banned from FB.

Hi there.

Facebook is my main source of traffic and today I wanted to start two affiliate offers - sweepstakes, but Facebook didn't let my link through. The offers were not something Facebook would usually think it's against their rules:

1. Australia - Win a free cruise vacation (email submit)
2. Win a 200 EUR worth H&M voucher (email submit)

Questions for you guys:

1. Did any of you guys do sweepstake offers on Facebook successfully?
2. If yes - did you do direct linking or did you made your landing page and redirect them to your affiliate link?
3. What kind of affiliate offers run best on Facebook (except TeeSpring) - and where (what affiliate network) do you get best offers?

Thanks for sharing your experience & advice.

Regards,
E44

Just direct the traffic from Facebook to a landing page. It`s safer this way and as Azgold said, you can use the landing page to capture emails.

I suggest using Lander because FB doesnt allows cloaking and direct linking of affiliate offers. Keep your lander link free at the time you send your ad for approval and once approved you can add the link.

Split test and you should be good :)

MI
Back