Facebook Adds Mid-Roll Ads to Videos, Splits Money with Publishers

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Here is an excerpt and link to an article I just read at Advertisemint about FB paying video publishers 55% of revenues they play in the video stream.

This seems to have potential for those that choose to cast some cool vids.

Facebook will split the revenue from the mid-roll video ads

it’s currently testing. According to Recode, among several other sources, the new mid-roll ad format appears on videos that run for at least 90 seconds (videos below 90 seconds will be ineligible). The ad will only appear after the viewer has seen at least 20 seconds of the video.

Currently, Facebook plans to sell the ads and split the revenue with the videos’ publisher, giving them 55% of all sales. If this new mid-roll ad officially debuts to the public, video publishers will, for the first time, be able to make sufficient money from the videos they run on Facebook.

Read More...

Last edited:
Great share TJ!

I've noticed both on the advertiser & publisher side that Facebook is trying to take on Youtube head on.

The best way to do this? Make video ads extremely cheap for advertisers but also extremely profitable for publishers.

Makes sense, since the Facebook owns Oculus and video is a stepping stone to VR content ;)

Great share TJ!

I've noticed both on the advertiser & publisher side that Facebook is trying to take on Youtube head on.

The best way to do this? Make video ads extremely cheap for advertisers but also extremely profitable for publishers.

Makes sense, since the Facebook owns Oculus and video is a stepping stone to VR content ;)

I know, right! We discussed the potential for ads in VR a few weeks back. Now that's a bleeding edge/early adopter path to pay attention to, IMO.

MI
Back