The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

williamrose

affiliate
There are thousands of tutorials around the web telling you how to make some easy internet money. Most of them direct you to marketing. Affiliate marketing, dropshipping, ad buying, SEO, whatever. Let me tell you, that shit is HARD. Getting a positive return on investment in affiliate marketing requires a very broad skillset, time, lots of trial and error, and money to throw at your failed projects. A lot of newbies bang their head against this wall for a while and then give up. This is what I did too. But then I discovered the real secret to actually making money online (and anywhere alse): actually doing something useful. Trying to lure people to click on your bullshit affiliate links is a lot harder than actually being useful to people.

This is my experience after years of lurking on this forum, and how I earned my first 1000$ of internet money with very basic skills and free tools: Web design for small business
I call through a list of local businesses, say: "Hey, my name is Vodkacola! It seems that your company does not have a website yet, do you need one?". Most of them will say no, but in a day you can call a hundred people. Once I get a yes, I sell them a static website for 300$.

I just have wordpress installed locally with a bunch of pirated themes. I slap the company logo on a nice theme, insert the images and info they want, maybe mess around with the CSS a bit, then export it as a static site and upload to the cloud. Boom! The easiest 300$ you've ever made. You know why it is easy? Because you are creating something that is actually valuable to your customer.

You'd be surprised how many businesses either don't have a website or have a website that looks like it was made in the year 2000. There are tons of companies that can benefit from just setting up a nice looking wordpress site for them. Compared to affiliate marketing sites, doing actual web design work has a lot lower barrier of entry, a lot more stable returns, and allows you to develop your skills while earning money. Sure, it's not passive income, but it's guaranteed income.

Why not ask: How come you don't have a website -- every one does these days?
Let him talk himself into a corner -- then offer him a solution at a reasonable cost.
There are also a lot of things that local businesses should be doing in Social Media and directory SEM.

Most local business live of of their physical location -- usually a busy street and high visibility. Or, some mall or shopping center location with traffic coming from big box or specialty retailers that advertise to bring in traffic. Creating an internet presence is a lot cheaper than what they are spending on a prime location. If their location is so so -- an Internet presence is very important and cost effective.

They had a webinar here a few month ago about promoting Google Local Search -- were did it go?

It was about dealing with the same type of client ... maybe the mods know if there is still access you would like this and its ideas.

1. Look at online yellow page and various segmented directories and look for businesses that don't include their website.
  2. You could try the county legal notice newspapers of select areas for new business filings DBA, GP, LP -- some may need websites (if they have the budget for it).
  3. If you talk with these people ask them for referrals to other business owners.
  4. Develop some good bird-dog referrers; like commercial lines insurance agents, commercial real estate people. Develop your business awareness relationship with business service professionals like attorneys and accountants

MI
Back