The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Duplicate Content: It's Not What You Think!

Great post and it makes sense what you wrote. I am still a little careful about it.

When I submit articles I change at least the title and my signature. IMO anchortext must be changed from time to time in your signature.

What do you think?

Hendrik

I just change them on each article, not at every directory. I do full submissions to over 500 sites with articlemarketer.com and sometimes run 10 to 20 articles with the same anchors before changing them depending on the subject of the site I am working on.

Awesome Thanks for the info! I hope I can get some content out there that can Help me in Affiliate sales! Is using content that's already been written then changed A little considered duplication?

Great post! Thanks for taking the time to explain what duplicate content is and is not. I have often wondered if submitting to article directories was worth the effort, especially with the whole dup content thing. It's nice to know the difference. Thanks! :D

You just pulled the dagger in my heart.

Wow!!! Thank you so much. You're right, this duplicate thing misconception has already grown into a fear affecting my campaigns.

Understanding what it really means from a reliable source clears up a lot of controversies over the issue. And a lot of gurus and so called experts do not know this.:D

Jim,

That really was a great post. I've done a lot of reading about this very subject and I must say that you have made it very clear that it's ok to post the same article to many article sites. I've only done it a few times just because it takes forever but I'm going to start doing it more.

Thanks for the post.

Re: Duplicate Content: It?s Not What You Think!

Yeah, i am new here and to SEO..So your stuff is really cool and even a beginner like me can gain a vast knoledge from expert like you..Thanks a lot for posting such a valuable informatiom, i appreciate your efforts..Good job..

Isn't the point to re-write the article and not to post it word for word. I can understand wanting to use good content that you find but please re-write it in your own words. Just like the old college days they teach no pilagarisum for a reason and now it applies as an SEO practice.

Regards,

When you publish an article to a directory, you are giving reprint rights. It is standard practice across the world. The A.P. reprints the same news articles on hundreds of thousands of sites and newspapers every day, so does reuters.

This is not plagerism, and SEO holds to the same standard. Do you know what a syndicated writer is? Or did you not learn that in college?

You have have been influenced without justification or understanding.

When you publish an article to a directory, you are giving reprint rights. It is standard practice across the world. The A.P. reprints the same news articles on hundreds of thousands of sites and newspapers every day, so does reuters.

This is not plagerism, and SEO holds to the same standard. Do you know what a syndicated writer is? Or did you not learn that in college?

You have have been influenced without justification or understanding.
My last post was in reference to those that just pull content and copy and paste it on their webpage which I consider plagerism.

What's plagiarism with RSS?

Let's get the spelling of this right first. Article writing, to any of the directories I post to, are original. Sort of. They have to be. I tick a box that says it is. But that doesn't mean on my research that don't I take snippets from many sources before stitching them all together. Many of these articles find their way, verbatim, on to other websites, which is fine with me as long as the "secondary source" is given some credit. RSS distributes syndicated copy in the millions. College and SEO do not share the same space, in my opinion.

Let's get the spelling of this right first. Article writing, to any of the directories I post to, are original. Sort of. They have to be. I tick a box that says it is. But that doesn't mean on my research that don't I take snippets from many sources before stitching them all together. Many of these articles find their way, verbatim, on to other websites, which is fine with me as long as the "secondary source" is given some credit. RSS distributes syndicated copy in the millions. College and SEO do not share the same space, in my opinion.
Great Post V9designbuild. :)

"College and SEO do not share the same space, in my opinion."

Absolutely right. 99.% of college grads, professors do not make as much as I do!

What if you went to college for SEO? lol. I agree too, I didn't learn SEO in College. But now many of the for Profit colleges, i.e. UOP, Kaplan University, ect. are offering Internet marketing degrees. I wonder if state funded colleges will jump in next.

Regards,

They already have many cert's you can get. The problem is that everything in a school setting is structured. Most colleges do not teach active problem solving. They work on a scientific method, IE: Able to produce the same results over and over in a controlled setting, and Googles algo is not controlable by them or us for that matter.

That is why I, and many others smoke these guys on a daily basis. You have to be able to understand basics and then work a process of elimination, do analysis, and use methods of deduction. If they do not (and they don't) use these as principles and depend on measurable methods, they will never produce top notch SEO's.

Now, on the flip side, they can probably get better conversion rates due to having the most up to date info on sociology and other marketing methods where they hit the "buy" buttons of the visitors. This is the hardest part for me without the latest info.

IMO, and it is nothing but opinion, a College taught SEO will be easily dominated in the serps by people who can use deductive reasoning and the ability to research what is important.

Interesting point.. Well, one thing is for sure, SEO is only going to grow and grow by substantial amounts even compared to other areas of internet marketing such as PPC, Web Analytics, ect. Check out Emarketing Silo for data of future internet marketing jobs. I'm sure some of this data is subjectively skewed to their agenda, but it's good to see our industry has a positive future outlook while many other industries are becoming obsolete.

Agreed. I keep up with trend forcasters and they have been on the mark for over 40 years to date, and they are stating that as the U.S. and other top industrial nations are taken down a notch or two, that technology will be the things that people grasp to and will refuse to let go of. This helps our industry keep and grow as times get harder.

The only thing I fear about the future is internet 2. If you read the bills, it is putting control into the hands of special interest. This could be bad for the people and internet marketers. I really do not want the internet in the hands of wal-mart and a few other big businesses.

Will it last for ever?

Interesting point. Other forms of search have been tried and tested but the Google algorithm still seems to be largely favoured. But how long this will last is difficult to tell. Without the aid of a soothsayer I would imagine that large corporations and wealthy individuals are working on it as I type.

MI
Back