The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Duplicate Content: It's Not What You Think!

Re: Duplicate Content: It?s Not What You Think!

I have been looking at canonicalisation issues for a number of sites for a while. The difficulty is that as people may have said, these particular sort of issues can occur without them coming to your full attention.

I have enjoyed reading the comments on this thread because it is true that there are a lot of misconceptions about duplicate content. I have definitely learnt something from this.

Ty a lot, very interesting reading! I was actually wondering if it was worth it or harzardeous for the SEO of my site, and now i know there is no danger! Ty :rolleyes:

It is a great thread about duplicate content. I learned a lot.

And I am sure in the following. Nowadays you have to use unique content if you want achieve the best ranks on your keywords. There is no other way. The time of duplicate or scrappy content is end.

Well I'll be damned... I never picked up on this. I've been busting my butt just taking my time trying to write "fresh, unique" content on my webpages and now I'm seeing that all that isn't even that much worth it. I mean sure, it helps the user, but as far as rankings it doesn't affect much.

Thank you so much for this amazing info!

Hello
for example - if site is multilanguage and you put some song on each language, content can be treated as dublicated. Ant it is no matter that menu, some header text, some footer text is different. They know how to extract main content from page, but not in all cases. It can be treated as grey seo: maybe it will work, maybe it will work as negative. Too risky. If domains are old maybe dublicated content is not checked with filters strictly; but if this domain changes design, most of css, most of included files, this domain will be recalculated, refiltered and can get penalty.

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 AM ----------

I try to avoid dublicated content as much as possible using robots.txt and htaccess files.

I write for opensource.com and when I copy these articles to my wordpress blog, Goolge does not seem to index my wordpress blog copy. I can cut and past the title into its search and nothing. All my other uncopied posts do well.

I just hope it doesnt effect my blog as a whole. i only have copied my own content from opensource.com to my wordpress blog twice.

What do you think the overall implications are here?

You post seems to make a lot of sense.

As stated here and elsewhere previously, Google at least tries (not always successfully) to index original articles and not copies but it uses various algorithms to determine which will be considered the original. If your article is indexed at opensource.com, it likely won't index the same article reposted on your blog.

Thanks, you have answered a longstanding concern of mine about duplicate content - namely when I forwarded curbnumbers.com to curbpainting.com a few months ago because the latter matched keywords used in 7 times more searches, that the search engines would credit curbpainting.com and drop curbnumbers.com which Google has done, but not Bing yet but for curbnumbers.com Bing still shows at the top of serps. As long as one, preferably curbpainting.com, shows near the top in results without being penalized for duplicating the other that is fine with me. Thanks a heap!

Cool, thanks for asking and answering. I usually post my blog entries here too and have worried about it a little, but not enough to take the time to re-write each article. Whew!

Thanks for the post! content marketing is something that will never go out of fashion. Content always plays crucial role. Sometimes if your content marketing is not working well then leave it for sometimes, it will get popularity after sometime.

Hello
for example - if site is multilanguage and you put some song on each language, content can be treated as duplicated. And it is no matter that menu, some header text, some footer text is different. They know how to extract main content from page, but not in all cases. It can be treated as grey seo: maybe it will work, maybe it will work as negative. Too risky

Thank you for Sharing this knowledge,

i am a beginner and up to these days I was making different contents for different sites and blogs. in the fear of duplicate content. now i am going to try as you have said.

One more doubt i have, Can I use the same 1000+ word content made by me on different web 2.0 sites, will it help me to get some back links or will it negatively affect my ranking.

Appreciate and thanks in advance for answers from experts like you.

MI
Back