The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Duplicate Content: It's Not What You Think!

Duplicate content is ok for article directories but not for SERPS

Duplicate content is ok for article directories. Duplicate articles still supply valuable information and back-links. However, duplicate on-site content will eventually get you slapped by Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim
Thanks for your enlightening and in-depth post on the issue of duplicate content which has been very helpful to all of us. keep up the good work.

tayehassan, this post is several years old. Even though there is no punishment, it is still not a good idea to use dup content. Just FYI.

This is great article. Many affiliates stop their online success thinking of duplicate content. If the duplicate content were a problem then ezine article never let publishers to publish articles from their article directory. This is really easy to understand. I shout to all those who are afraid of the word duplicate, please don't. If you provide quality information to your reader and reader stays on your blog, then google will love it whether it was duplicate or original. Thanks for this nice article again. :)

You need to check the dates and remember, this post is several years old and out of date.

This post is really helpful. you can't imagine on how many seo forums and blogs this issue of duplicate content is misinterpreted and how many questions regarding the article submission have been asked over and over again. i think a lot of people can benefit from this enlightment

dears
i have a question , if i use two different address for the same content , does search engines assume that as doublicated article , cause i used that for one site as " kish " but im not sure that it affect the site or not !

I am working on an update, may take a day or two. Lots of information and details , so be patient and you will all have the most up to date information with facts and references. Then we can put this to bed again. But for now, I would avoid all duplicate content other than doing a press release. If you are still syndicating articles to directories, you are putting your sites in harms way. I will soon detail these facts.

Thanks for stepping in Minstrel! I really appreciate it.

What if you have duplicate content within the site? For example, you have the paragraph that's displayed on different pages? Is that considered duplicated content?

Do you mean an excerpt on the home page with a link to the full content, like many WordPress blogs? If so, that's fine.

More like a paragraph describing the site - the paragraph would appear on multiple pages. Is that considered spamming? What exactly does google consider spamming?

Not spamming, no. But it may be overkill. What sort of paragraph do you need to display on multiple pages?

That sounds like duplicate content to me. You would have to make the pages where it appears to be more unique to counter the duplicate factor of that article.

An excerpt isn't duplicate content, especially when it appears on a page with lots of other content. But I'd still wonder what circumstances would require all those excerpts...

Re: Duplicate Content: It?s Not What You Think!

Thank you for this post. I learned about duplicate content from Chris Farrell about a year ago. But after that I red so many incorrect statements and comments that I became confused. This is second time that somebody explain me the term "duplicate content" and now everything is clear for me. Thanks.

It's so funny that I came accross this post today! I was just doing some duplicate content research last night.

Thanks so much for sharing this information. This topic is one of the most misunderstood in our industry.

I just want to add one little tip that I found in my research yesterday. If you plan to submit an article to Ezine Articles, be sure to post it there first and wait until it is approved. Once they have posted the article to their site, you are free to share your article in many other forms, but Ezines really wants unique content and they want it FIRST!!!

Hope this helps anyone that uses these methods!

And, Thanks to Jim for sharing this information!!!

More like a paragraph describing the site - the paragraph would appear on multiple pages. Is that considered spamming? What exactly does google consider spamming?

You could always put that text on an image and make it part of the template.

banners
Back