The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Duplicate Content: It's Not What You Think!

I always create a unique one for Ezine and a unique one for my blog. That is just the way it works for me. As those two are the most important I want them to rank high and have a high click rate, too. if you are after the backlinks only, on other directories, that is OK to submit the same.
Actually the software I use for mass submission just takes the raw coded spun content and submits different spun articles to various sites. So you only put int he content once.

Great posts guys

Duplicate content has been a topic of debate for webmasters for quite some time now, weather it's a blog, press release or website, duplicate content can get picked up and over passed by a search engine. But what is the best method for getting your material out there even if your articles or blogs are very similar? Well duplicate to a search engine means "exactly the same" so this means switching and swapping your material by 10-20% making different versions of your articles, and spinning them

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Duplicate content can get over passed by a search engine if your material or content is completely 90-100% identical. Duplicate content can be avoided very often by making your content 20-30% different if the content is similar

If two websites look exactly the same but all written different does Google still view this as duplication?

Spiders don't know what web pages look like. They only know what content those pages contain. The criteria for duplicate content is, as the phrase suggests, strictly the content of the page.

I ask this because in the past a competitor actually created 7 websites that occupied 7 different similar domains. These websites occupied the first 7 rankings on Google too. The websites looked exactly the same but the item listings were different.

I would have thought that copying the style sheets etc would also be interpreted as a duplication?

I guess 'The Prophet' has answered my question by saying that they must have had 20-30% difference per website!

thanks

Hi Jim,

you provide great information here. I hope it is stil the same today as it was in 2007 :)

i am new to this topic so i would like to ask you something.

I have a blog with different articles. I have been rewriting these articles and add them to various Article Directories. Will it affect my traffic if these rewritten articles will appear on 5, 10 or even more article databases?

Thanks for your information over here.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Interesting information here.

Got a question: i had a site on page 7 or 8 on google and suddenly i could not find it anymore. I have no idea on which page it is now on Google. Does anybody know how you can figure out on which page on google your blog/site is?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I am new in this so probably my question sounds stupid....anyway :)

i made a website and in one week i got it on page 7.....than sudenly after few days i could not find in on top 20 pages on google (did not look further and do not know how to figure out where on google is my website anymore).

What could happen? From this post i understand that it is not due to the fact that i placed the articles on Article Databases. And does anybody have ideas how to get it up in google again?

i made a website and in one week i got it on page 7.....than sudenly after few days i could not find in on top 20 pages on google (did not look further and do not know how to figure out where on google is my website anymore).

What could happen? From this post i understand that it is not due to the fact that i placed the articles on Article Databases. And does anybody have ideas how to get it up in google again?

How long ago was this? Specifically, when did the rankings drop?

when you write a post on your wordpress blog, except adding the post tags and use your keyword in the post, do you have to do anything else in order to increase the traffic to your article? quite new in wordpress and SEO :)

there are people that visited my blog and trackback my own article to their own website. will this help me or hurt me in regards to my website's google ranking? should i allow it or not? and if not, how can i make it imposible for others to "take" my articles?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I asked before, but i will do it once more in here. some people that visited my blog, "copied" my articles to their own websites. i suppose this is called trackback. This is duplication right? how can i stop them from doing this? how can i protect my content from being stold?

A "trackback" isn't the same as content theft. There's not much you can do really to stop content theft. It's up to the search engines to try to discourage this by ignoring or penalizxing scrapers.

The trackback basically says "I've linked back to you after quoting part (or I suppose all) of your blog post", so they're at least giving credit to you. That could potentially help your ranking; it can't hurt you.

thanks for this information. that sounds amazing. i was always rewriting the articles so i do not have the same one on my blog as on article databases. can you please name one of these software programs that can help you with spinning your article?

at the beginning of this january i made the website. i put about 10 articles on it and i was on page 7 on google. than i started to rewrite the articles and put them on different article databases such as ezines, squidoo, articlebases, etc. one day i put the same articles instead of rewriting them. lazy :p
then i noticed that i was not on page 7 anymore. i actually do not even know on which page i am now.
i thought that this might be because of having same articles on the article databases as on my blog so i changed all of them so they are different than on my blog.
however, i never came back on page 7 or so.
i do not know what do do in order to increase my ranking.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Thanks a lot....i was not sure if i should do that or not :)

1. You may have benefitted from the so-called "new site" boost. Often, until Google has a chance to evaluate a new site (or one that it has just found), it will rank higher than it should. Once the site is more fully spidered, it's rank will fall to a more accurate level.

2. If a loty of your links were from article sites, Google has just released a new algorithm that significantly devalues such sites - and in turn the links that other sites may have from those sites.

MI
Back