The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Duplicate Content: It's Not What You Think!

From my experience duplicate content will rarely rank well unless your site/blog has a lot of link juice and good organic rankings. Orginal content of course ranks best. I usually recommend posting as much original content as you post republished content. I do think article directories are worth while, but you can't expect them all to rank and/or bring in traffic.

I really do not think you read the post. This is concerning duplicate content and articles getting links and traffic. not on your own site. It is about distributing content to multiple directories. And i can get the articles to rank in a row one after another. All it needs is links to the pages. Of course, if other pages have better links and a similar title , the higher pr will win out. But this is directly related to the links into it.

I promise you that i can distribute an article to 50 directories and get the top 10 positions with 10 different directories if i want to take the time and effort to make them rank by building links.

So, the theory of duplicate content not ranking is not even close to valid. Like i stated before, they may get into supplemental results, but as Matt Cutts said, links gets you out of supp's.

Here are some links credited in google on a link command : link:http://www.idndirectsatellite.com - Google Search You will see the same article credited as a link on several sites(article directories). This is just one site. I can provide hundreds if you need to see them.
Jim

Hi Again Jim,

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. I am wondering why Hub, Squid, Blog, E-How does not show up when I google a link command for my site. My content on those sites shows up on G page 1 and 2 for lots of KW BUT not under the link command. Under that what shows up is article sites and sites that have used my articles.
Any ideas?

2. I am wondering if you could share the MASS ARTICLE SUBMISSION SITES you use, if any? I sit for hours doing one at a time, which I know is necessary for the top site like ezine, but as far as mass I only have used iSnare which works great for the backlinks, but are there any others you recommend? The manual submission is SO time consuming!

Thank you!!

Google only shows a sample of the sites it has credited links to. They are pretty much random, so do not let this bother you. it is not important.

Articlemarketer.com is my distribution service of choice. They currently submit to over 5k directories. And as they bring new ones into their list, they submit your old articles to them also, so the list keeps growing. They also hit groups, like yahoo groups that are webmasters looking for content , there are over 66k webmasters that get your articles. this is the widest reach on the market.

They are also the cheapest. About 75 bucks every 3 months for unlimited submissions. If you can produce 2 or 20k a day, you can submit them at no additional fee.

They are hard to get used to because they are strict on their submission guidlines, but have the highest approval rates.

You can also buy a lifetime account for about 400 bucks. or a 1 year(with 1 year free) for about 200 bucks.

No doubt, they are far above the pack and they do a great job with ezinearticles.com. They do all of the major directories.

Hope this helps

Thanks Jim,
Very helpful, I have heard of article marketer before, but was afraid to spend the $75 until I got at least a couple of people's opinions.

GOD I think the $75 is worth the time I spend now doing each one by one and barely making a dent. I think the time would be much better spent, writing than submitting, as well as the confusion that comes with tracking which directories you submitted to and which ones you didn't. I actually have a notebook where I mark down each article and then write in each submission....WHAT A PAIN!!

Thanks a LOT

There's duplicate content and duplicate content

With the world of Web 2.0 and news syndication, it's obvious to everyone that, with a byline these pieces are not banned by any of the search engines. However, this is not stopping the practice of domain spam and, most of important, content duplicating on sites with keyword-registered domains.

I currently have the job of getting a real estate agent (corporate site) onto the first page of Google. But the top site has relatively few backlinks (just the domain will do!) and #2 has linked 6 duplicate sites together using domain spam.

People say, report them. But how? What address do I send this to?

emarketingthailand, here is what Google says:
If you believe that another site is abusing Google's quality guidelines, please report that site at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport. Google prefers developing scalable and automated solutions to problems, so we attempt to minimize hand-to-hand spam fighting. The spam reports we receive are used to create scalable algorithms that recognize and block future spam attempts.

Site content as articles

Hi Jim,

Another question,
someone mentioned on another forum that it is not good to submit content pages from your sites as articles, content meaning how-tos, guides and tutorials that are part of the site.

I do it and have seen no problems with it. I change the titles a little around my main KW anchors but the content is pretty much unchanged.

What do you think about this?

Genuwine,

I think it is a great idea. It will work, and i also use that also, but with a different spin so to speak.

If i have a large subject, like 800 words worth of content, I will break it in half, put the frst part as the "article" that is distributed to directories, end it suddenly and then use the bio box to entice a clickthrough.

You may end the first part that is distributed like. there are an additional 4 steps that are a lot more detailed that may double your ?_______? withing 24 hours.

Then, in the bio box You write up a bio similar to this, since the bio is your place to Pitch.

Learn the 4 amazing details that will help the information you just read explode your ?________? to the moon in as little as 90 seconds, without any experience and no money.

You will have to set it up for your specific product/service to make it work, But I am sure you get the idea.

ezinearticles is a great place to pull this kind of marketing since they have loads of traffic.

This is one of the "Secrets" that most Gurus will try to sell you with fancy wording and a 50 dollar ebook. And see, we covered it here on 5 star absolutely free!

thanks Jim

Thanks Jim!

I'm glad you agree, I really trust your opinion and so I feel better now.

I need to work on those teaser articles, I sometimes tend to want to give it all away at once, but I will definitely work on that!

Thank you again!

Jim said:

"This is one of the "Secrets" that most Gurus will try to sell you with fancy wording and a 50 dollar ebook. And see, we covered it here on 5 star absolutely free!"

Jim you ROCK! Once again thank you for all your valuable advice!
Great tips for using article teasers!

Well, it has not affected my ranking on hundreds of sites, So i would assume that it is false.

But there is also the purpose of doing several methods to build links, you shoud read a few more post that shows the many ways to build quality one way links. Although articles are a good resource, I also use 2.0, press releases and many other methods for getting quality links.

But articles are a main staple.

Here is one problem with articles. If you write on one subject, you will likely get published on the same places over and over. Just write a few articles that are mainstream, so that they get plastered all over the place and diversify your IBL IP addresses. So what you have 50 or even 200 non related links. The diversity of IP addresses will make a huge difference and also give you the oppurtunity to get some other high PR sites linking to you.

This is the basis of social bookmarking. You can do the same with articles just by changing the subject of articles.

There are several keyword phrases (and some competetive) that the articles on directories are still ranking. Do a search for "Chicago cash advance" and you will see ezinearticles.com in the top 10. Most of the time you will see the same in houston and many other cities. If they lost power, they would not be ranking.

Jim - I was wondering if you would post your ideas on using affiliate datafeeds and actually getting the products in them RANKED (when most datafeeds are used by several affiliates). Would be an interesting read.

The datafeed system is one of the easiest to seo. It is really simple to make this happen as most individual "product" is not that competetive as far as e-commerce is concerned. I may need to explain this a little further, so let me try.

Let's say your affiliate program sells birdhouses (I know, crazy example) Now, birdhouses as the title of tha page may be hard to get top rankings, but you would be suprised by the amount of people that will actualy search phrases within the description. Bluebird manor may be searched (yes, this actualy happens), and if you have just 10 links to it , you may have a top position if the anchor to it is bluebird manor.

I had made a post about instant article submitter once or twice, this is a great tool for datafeeds because you can actualy rotate up to 10 different bios on the distribution of one single article. So what you do is send out an article and double link it, and rotate the anchor text for the descriptions. One article and 20 different anchors to the 2 pages that you linked to in the article.

But making a general title for the page template, basic onpage, and vary the heck out of anchor text to that page with descriptive phrases from the descriptions.

In reality, you actualy have an advantage over the average affiliate because of the amount of content that is directly product related. The only competition you have is other affiliates using datafeeds.

You do need to have the feeds into your templates so that you can control basic onpage, and some navigation and this will usualy beat any duplicate content issues that may arise. I would not use one where they generate the entire page and you can not make onpage changes. There is another way to help beat the problem of duplicate content within the pages, and it is an include. You can write up 10 notices, notifications of sales or any other promotional ideas you may have and set the include to randomly display the information at the bottom or side nav of a page, an rss feed can also help you need less links (not the javascript stuff, you need php feeds) to beat out the competition.

But the main thing is links and onpage.

Hope this helps.

No one are supposed to make the content duplicate.It is only the owners who have such right either to edit or to change the content.Duplicate content may some times leads to illegal crises.So always be careful while you try to do such things.

it is for content you write and distribute. When you publish articles on directories, you give rights to republish the content to whomever will publish it, no risk at all.

MI
Back