The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does google favor wordpress

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
So this question never once occurred to me until recently when I started making a custom blogging system for my cooperative members website but now I have to ask, does google favor wordpress over other platforms? My brain wants to say of course not, google does everything programmatically but is it possible one of the factors it looks at is wordpress site?

My reason for asking this is simple. What I noticed is as follows:

Google search console will tell you in the coverage tab what content has been excluded from search for "Duplicate without user-selected canonical" which is effectively onsite duplicate content from the same domain.

When using wordpress I have never seen links get removed for canonical issues. This is despite the fact that you can reach the same article from "/article-title/", from "/category/article-title/", from "/archives/2020/02/28/article-title/", and from "/tag/article-title/".

When creating my own blogging system, using a similar setup google will index "/article-title/" but will exclude the cat, the archives, and the tags links to the same post as "Duplicate without user-selected canonical".

So the question is, does google favor wordpress, or is there some sort of magic I am missing that wordpress is using that will allow such duplicate content links?

I can tell you that should do something like that on some other systems like open cart and so on and you probably will see the same results like here honestly. Something must really be done to discover this. Maybe they automatically canonic them or what?

I think there may be more than one contributor and that could be some of the recommended plugins popular with WP. For example, Yoast makes a huge difference in a WP site when properly setup. When using this plugin, it actually gives very simple and easy to implement procedures regarding not just tags, headings, etc., but gives advice on how to make the content itself match up with the top search engines needs and your readers at the same time.

I've been off WP for a few years now, so I may not recognize or remember all of the other plugins and addons that can contribute to the phenomena you reference, but I do know that Yoast had a huge positive impact on my sites when running on that CMS.

S...

So the question is, does google favor wordpress, or is there some sort of magic I am missing that wordpress is using that will allow such duplicate content links?

I would hypothecate that in the Google Search Algorithm there is a conditional for WordPress, as it is so widely used, to work around the duplicate content issues of the platform.

MI
Back