The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Does Adsense Banner Size Matter?

shakemelikeapig

affiliate
Hi All,

I want to know that Adsense Banner Size on my Web Site Matters or not??? Does bigger banner gives bigger earning???
And Multiple Adsense Banners on the Single page makes more impressions or not???

Bigger doesn't mean better necessarily but the type of ad and its placement does make a difference. Explore the AdSense site and you'll find comments on suggestions from Google.

However, in my experience, which one will be best for you depends on the type of site, the layout, and the types of visitors you get.

336x280 ad block

I just came across this blog post which you might find helpful: labnol.org/internet/best-banner-sizes-for-adsense/11541/

That's added confirmation for what I knew - 336x280 positioned below header and above content is best

I'd never use that 300x600 monster!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I probably wouldn't either but as I said earlier I think what will work best for your site depends on several factors, including page layout, content, and type of visitors. And what works best for you on your sites would not necessarily be the same as what works best for me on mine.

Really, the best thing you can do is experiment a bit and set up channels in AdSense so you can monitor what generates clicks and income and what doesn't.

been proven

Really, the best thing you can do is experiment a bit and set up channels in AdSense so you can monitor what generates clicks and income and what doesn't.

I prefer to simply copy what's already been proven - I found a thread in warrior forum by xfactor - he makes his living from adsense - he's tested everything to do with adsense blocks - position, size, colour, etc. and found the 336x280 positioned below header and above content gets best clickthough rates on every site he's got - about 40 sites is all types of niches

He even removed the graphic from the header to see what difference that made - it increased click through rate - so he removed graphic from header of every site he's got

That's up to you, of course, but I have done what I suggested you should also do: I've tried various ad sizes and placements on different sites, monitoring them via AdSense channels, and I've found that "the accepted wisdom" does not always prevail for my visitors.

In adsense per click earning depends on many factors but size of image ad has no concern with it. You should use the ad size which matches you theam or site structure.

The size of an adsense does not in anyway increase your earnings. It might help in visibility, which means more clicks.

In adsense per click earning depends on many factors but size of image ad has no concern with it. You should use the ad size which matches you theam or site structure.

Did either of you read https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=17955 or The Best Performing Banner Sizes for AdSense ?

It seems that.... Bigger is Better in Adsense world..

Sometimes.

I think it really does depend on your particular site or page, the layout, your visitor demographics, etc. So all of the following are factors in click through rates and AdSense income:

• size of ad
  • location of ad on page
  • ad format
  • page/site demographics

everything matters, from sizes, colors, positioning etc. it's always best to try everything to see which converts most.

Yes, it matters because if you put large banner or your websites (for example with image and not text ads) many users will stay away from it because they will destroy your design (and your design is the environment for your visitors, they must like their environment in order to visit you again). A smaller banner can have more success if you implement it in the right way (right colors, and style).

well it matters in terms of visibility, the bigger the size the clearer the visitor can see the ads. what i did in my websites is that i use all the sizes available that fit in the ads part of my websites. And it has different categories each of them.

MI
Back