The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you have a sequence?

J

JayZ

When you send a follow up set of emails, do you have a specific sequence you use?

for example

email 1: thanks for signing up
email 2: did you check out the free product?
email 3: check out paid product 1
email 4: testimonial for paid product 1
email 5: last chance for paid product 1 (time restriction/fear of loss?)

etc etc

You get the drift.

So do you? If you do, is it working and are you making any decent money?

If you are would you mind sharing your pattern/sequence/formula?

JZ

PS I personally don't bother with a double opt in. Also I've found just getting the email address seems to be better than email address and name

When you send a follow up set of emails, do you have a specific sequence you use?

for example

email 1: thanks for signing up
email 2: did you check out the free product?
email 3: check out paid product 1
email 4: testimonial for paid product 1
email 5: last chance for paid product 1 (time restriction/fear of loss?)

etc etc

You get the drift.

So do you? If you do, is it working and are you making any decent money?

If you are would you mind sharing your pattern/sequence/formula?

JZ

Well this is clearly a pattern for a product pitch or product sale follow up. However, there are quite a number of alternate follow ups based on customer relationship.

PS I personally don't bother with a double opt in. Also I've found just getting the email address seems to be better than email address and name

I always require double opt-in, this way I attain the strongest relationship up front. In my funnels, anyone not willing to follow my double opt-in protocols is not worth being on my lists. I have split test this several time and always with the same results. Double opt-in results in a much stronger pool of subscribers.

For me I am using single opt-in and redirect to the product sales page. Follow up emails are :

1st day - No emails
2nd day - Video tutorial with affiliate link
3rd day - Tips and sending user to the website
4th day - Free ebook

and so on.

Well this is clearly a pattern for a product pitch or product sale follow up. However, there are quite a number of alternate follow ups based on customer relationship.

I always require double opt-in, this way I attain the strongest relationship up front. In my funnels, anyone not willing to follow my double opt-in protocols is not worth being on my lists. I have split test this several time and always with the same results. Double opt-in results in a much stronger pool of subscribers.

Hi there,

I've got an opt in page, which offers a free ebook as a lead magnet, to do with gambling.

Then i'm promoting some betting systems via the follow up sequence.

I've got 4 products I'm promoting by the same guy and each product has like 2 or 3 email "swipes" i can use.

I'm also promoting another "betting tips" product.

What I really want to know is what would be the best sequence for the maximum profit without it being too salesy.

The problem, in my experience, with swipe files is they can never be truly as targeted towards an individuals lists as email sequences we write ourselves for our audiences.

The rub is that swipe files are being used by hundreds and maybe thousands of marketers. If, or when, your subscriber sees the exact same email from another marketer, they now feel that they don't really have a relationship with you if you are using templated emails.

This is why I use newsletters for more than half of my email sequences. They go out weekly. My lists get a single email between newsletters. I write all of my own email and newsletter content for each of my niches.

Learn to write content, learn to write copy, it will make huge differences in your marketing once you do this.

I see your point TJ but surely they must give them away for a reason?

They must work otherwise they wouldnt give them away right?

I suppose I see you point about then being the same as someone else but what about if i spin them?

One of the biggest problems with email marketing is the lists just become a tool without a face for some marketers and not a relationship builder. For me, it is definitely a tool for relationship building. I create newsletters and emails that are highly refined.

Yes the swipe files work, but not nearly as well as emails I write. Content works best when it is developed as a refined and highly targeted message for the niche. The less targeted, the lower the response.

Swipe files are a good way to learn, but they should not be the final destination for your email or newsletter development. Just look at the emails that come in from various marketers and vendors. Compare the emails that come from a marketer like a Ryan Deiss or from a vendor like Verizon. They are very engaging and have a very professional feel.

I don't sell anything unless the lead "asks" for it. I have sequences set up to where a lead will never get a sales message unless they are above an internal point threshold and trigger certain events. I'm glad I found Mautic by mistake.

*googles mautic*

What about if I use the swipe files as a guide but "spin" them so the emails have my own style of writing?

Yeah, using them as a guide to make your own is fine.

Honestly, learning to write copy is a must going forward for you.

I've been reading about Mautic, can you elaborate on your experience with them?

I couldn't live without it. I'm a big proponent of Andre Chaperon's SOS (Soap Opera Sequence) and PLS (Product Launch Sequence) system in his Autoresponder Madness courses. In the past before I discovered Mautic, I would spend an enormous amount of time using desktop mind mapping software to create a complex funnel flow chart that I would try to implement in Wordpress using the myMail plugin's Action & Action Hook autoresponders. It was a constant mix of ALT+Tabs and CTRL+PGUP/PGDNs, and if I wasn't paying careful attention, I could screw up.

*googles mautic*

What about if I use the swipe files as a guide but "spin" them so the emails have my own style of writing?

I never had a successful campaign with swipe files or using them as a template. Response from my emails got progressively better the more I wrote them.

Any recommendations on courses? Ideally Free?

To learn to write ad copy you can look through plenty of sites and videos all over the net with Jay Abraham, John Carlton, Dan Kennedy, and many others. These are titans of the ad copywriting industry.

For content writing, you will want to read two very different genres. The mechanics of writing and the art of writing.

Associated Press Stylebook
Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark
The Elements of Style by Strunk & White
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser

There are too many to list. These will get you started.

banners
Back