The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you get personal while editing your directory?

temi

affiliate
I know a good editor should edit his or her web directory objectively but I sometime bad or reject listing based on silly things (this applies to my free directory only) for example I just rejected a listing on one of my free directory because the guys email address is: spam@hisdomainname.com I know email address should not matter but I cannot help felling that its an insult of some sort and it could also be a fake email address as most sensible people do not call their email address: spam@domainName.com

It just goes to prove that he is not going to reply to the emails, and is showing TOTAL disrespect for the FREE service you are providing.

I have been working my way through the backlog for deeply linked today. I have not done anything for 4 weeks, and I had 3000 submissions to get through. There is a maximum of five pages allowed. I scan down and count them, if there is more than 5, then they ALL get rejected!

If people can't be bothered to read my submission guidelines, then I can't be bothered to edit their submissions ;)

I have a pretty busy free web directory too, don't bother spending much time on correcting error, just hot delete button, its the quicket way. I only allow one url and not deep linking but its unbelivable how many people submit every page of their website :(

I think that I am sillier than that, well, I don't really think you are silly though Temi.

I reject submissions from sites that are selling products or services. I figure if they were truly concerned about their success, they can cough up the $2.00 it costs for a premium listing. That want to charge me for their products, but yet don't want to pay me for my time. I know, it's a bit childish. I don't do it to all of the sites that charge for something, just ones that look irritating to me. I also look at the IP addresses, if it is a directory submission service then I will reject all of their listings. In other words, if I see the same IP address using 10 or 15 different email addresses, they will be rejected. That's on my free directories. I am actually going to set out hard fast rules for linkslinky, that even I am not above following.

Thanks for that contribution Jump, after your explanation of how you made editorial judgments and OWG's rational, I fell I am not that silly any more. One think I will learn from you however Jump is that even I should not be above the rules, at the moment I bend the editorial rules for myself or my clients, I must stop that to preserve the integrity of the directory.

Haha yeah I have seen all types of listings. Luckily I have created and installed scripts that help lessen the spam.

You have to take quite a hard line, its too time consuming otherwise, you start off all soft and turn into a mean hulk after youve owned your first dir. for a while!

banners
Back