The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gold Diary of a rookie affiliate (the road to $1000 a day)

well done

epic thread and journey.

a few questions if you dont mind:

what are your average monthly earnings now?
do you make the landing pages yourself or outsource?
how does mobile traffic sources work? do you input keywords or do you target urls? (sorry noob question, never done anything mobile)

I am from London too. I have been in IM for about 8 or 9 months and like most people, burned quite a few thousand £ on BS stuff, advice, coaching, tools , the lot and never got any where.

Constantly failing.

Im trying to do something which i will succeed in and have a long term business or route to follow.

Keep it real mate, and drop your knowledge!!

cheers

Hello ash213

what are your average monthly earnings now?

Top end of $xx,xxx hope to hit my first $xxx,xxx in revenue this month but this is 'affiliate marketing' so anything could happen.

do you make the landing pages yourself or outsource?

I currently build my own landing pages but might start outsourcing to free up time for other projects

how does mobile traffic sources work? do you input keywords or do you target urls? (sorry noob question, never done anything mobile)

Most mobile advertising is in app however there are other forms of traffic like redirect and popups. Some ad networks to CPM some CPC or both.

I have been in IM for about 8 or 9 months and like most people, burned quite a few thousand £ on BS stuff, advice, coaching, tools , the lot and never got anywhere.

Constantly failing.

Im trying to do something which i will succeed in and have a long term business or route to follow.

Sorry to hear that, i know how hard it can be to find good solid information especially in this industry. I would not consider 'affiliate marketing' as a solid business model. However you can use it as a platform to help you build one, as the information, knowledge and experience you gain from it is priceless.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the reply

appreciate your time here

few more Qs if you have a minute:

- what is a double meta refresh?
- could you list a few plasces to buy mobile traffic? unsure what places do it
- are the landing pages basically a jpg, where the user would click on the whole image (could be daft Q)
- whats more worthwhile, in app adverts or the popup/pop under on sites? or redirects?
- how do u bid on traffic? you bid on app? urls? keywords?

eager to give it a shot.

thanks again for your time sir!!

- what is a double meta refresh?

A double meta refresh is normally used to hide the original referrer, most affiliates use it to 'hide' the source of their traffic or landing page from there affiliate network because when you follow a link from one website to another, the second website can ‘see’ who sent the traffic to it.

- could you list a few plasces to buy mobile traffic? unsure what places do it

Zeropark
Plugrush
Airpush
Decisive
Exoclick
popads
juicyads
inmobi
adwords

and many others

- are the landing pages basically a jpg, where the user would click on the whole image (could be daft Q)

No i prefer to build fully functional landing pages, but i have used full images in the past (no such thing as a daft question :))

- whats more worthwhile, in app adverts or the popup/pop under on sites? or redirects?

I find in app ads harder to monetize but they perform better for certain types of offers like game apps. popup/popunder and redirects do better with utility apps

- how do u bid on traffic? you bid on app? urls? keywords?

This would depend on what type of mobile traffic your running and the ad network

Good Luck

Last edited:
Congrats on your success. What kind of offers do best for you, app installs, pin submits? thanks.

Hey man, great journal! I was wondering did you find redirects or app ads work best with mobile content subscriptions? Thanks

So far from all my tests redirect traffic has outperformed standard banner app ads when it comes to promoting subscription offers, however in app interstitial and landing page ads can do well with subscription offers.

Last edited:
Congrats on your success. What kind of offers do best for you, app installs, pin submits? thanks.

Depends on the traffic source and how expensive it cost to run a campaign. Best all rounders are probably utility apps/offers CPI or CPS always perform well, stuff like antivirus, battery saver and speed boosters.

Last edited:
Hey CMA ,Do you have tried out Plugrush ????
I m thinking to give it a try .
Whats you take ?

Yeah i have, there traffic converts really well for certain types of offers.

I'm actually in the process of writing up a good plugrush case study. Plan on posting it up next week along with the release of The Mobile Blueprint :)

Great thread, read it through from the beggining until the end, really inspirational journey sir ;)

Currently starting out with mobile as well and setting up my first campaigns tomorrow, curious who it goes.

A few questions please!

Do you have any recommendation for a traffic network to start out or are everything of the "well known" networks ok - of course it depends on the offer as well, but generally speaking? is it possible to show a ok converting LP from a burned out campaign?

Thanks for your answers,
greets

Last edited:
Great thread, read it through from the beggining until the end, really inspirational journey sir ;)

Currently starting out with mobile as well and setting up my first campaigns tomorrow, curious who it goes.

A few questions please!

Do you have any recommendation for a traffic network to start out or are everything of the "well known" networks ok - of course it depends on the offer as well, but generally speaking? is it possible to show a ok converting LP from a burned out campaign?

Thanks for your answers,
greets

Hello pr0digy

if this is your very first mobile campaign i would probably recommend Decisive if you want banner traffic and Zeropark if you looking for redirect/popup traffic.

Yes you can use a landing page that was converting on a previous campaign on a new traffic source, i do that all the time myself :)

Is there anywhere we can find a tutorial or follow on guide, to actually see the steps of a successful mobile campaign from start to finish? obviously one that is dead now.

It would be handy to see all the little steps needed to make something work.

thank you

Is there anywhere we can find a tutorial or follow on guide, to actually see the steps of a successful mobile campaign from start to finish? obviously one that is dead now.

It would be handy to see all the little steps needed to make something work.

I did post a case study a bit ago you can check it out here http://www.affiliatefix.com/f62/[mobile-case-study]-zeropark-voluume-99-90%-roi-8607/

And like i mentioned before i will be posting up another next week but like Blackemil said you have to test A LOT :)

I can wait to see your next case study. It took me 5 months until i got into green in adult. And now looking for mobile chalange >:)

banners
Back