The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Gold Diary of a rookie affiliate (the road to $1000 a day)

and which traffic sources are good for mobile offers :)

Hello inboXer

Unfortunately I’m not willing to reveal any more specific details in regards to my campaigns just yet (ie: giving away top traffic sources) then i already have as affiliate marketing is extremely competitive. :)

Last edited:
Just found this thread - this is just what I was looking for! Great stuff and I understand your position on keeping details to your self.
This has been a very motivating read and shows me that I am not the only one struggling at the beginning stages.
It sounds like you and I started about the same time and we both have had our struggles. You have stayed focused on one target where as I have bounced to the next thing when things didn't work.
I need to pick a target and stay focused - thank you for the inspiration!

Good on you bro, I think I should take hints from your experience and try some PPV campaigns later. Right now am into PPC but just starting.

Good on you bro, I think I should take hints from your experience and try some PPV campaigns later. Right now am into PPC but just starting.

Hello pilartan

Cool to know you found my follow along helpfull

I don't do PPV per se, i promote mobile offers via mobile landing page ads, mobile popups, mobile popunders and banner ads and so on :)

i think i used PPV as an "example" of how understanding a traffic source can help you build better performing campaigns

Last edited:
End of an era

Wow its been another rollercoaster month on my journey to super affiliate, i was riding high hitting $350 NET profit days and was starting to entertain thoughts of grandeur, that was until the big G released their new app policy update on the 1st of April effectively wiping out almost every top converting android utility app from all the affiliate networks as advertisers of apps such as the infamous “clean master” panicked and requested that their apps be pulled immediately.

googleupdates_zpscuvdmlsk.jpg

Yep this weeks been tough i had to pretty much start again from scratch but i wasn't too troubled by it all, as its the 2nd time this year i have had my top offers pulled. My system for finding new converting mobile offers is pretty solid now as it only took me 3 days to find a few new offers that i can potentially scale up and use to get back to those $350 NET profit days again.

Cap and save an app

Android CPI campaigns with caps will cost you money, i learnt that the hard way by losing $xxx promoting a few gaming offers not realizing that you should always check if a CPI offer has a cap and how quickly it gets filled, if ever in doubt ask your affiliate manager

What am listening to right now

Winners win and losers lose

I decided to move my focus to promoting mobile content billing offers and away from Android/Apple CPI, as with these types of offers your not restricted to 1 OS and the whims of the Google play store, getting these offers to convert tend to be harder but the payouts are much higher out of the 7 I've tested so far I've got 3 in the green already just takes a bit of creativity and keeping things simple.

It also seems a few advertising networks don't like some of these types of content billing offers like sweepstakes so I've had to resort to using a few affiliate marketing dark arts.

I was so close to hitting my target of a $5000 net profit in March but fell short by $xxx regardless my target for April is to get to $8000 to $10,000 net profit. How ever i can see it been a much harder month then March was as I’m having to spend money testing new offers and landing pages but i know if i stay focused, keep the faith and trust the process i can achieve it.

07-04-2014-report_zps2qx9hgqf.jpg

Attachments

• googleupdates.jpg
    googleupdates.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 07-04-2014-report.jpg
    07-04-2014-report.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:
Hey cashmoneyaffiliate,

Have had a close eye on this thread and gotta say you've done great mate.
Havnt launched into mobile yet, but I will be referring to this thread when I do!

You've got what it takes to get back up again!
Good luck on your target for April.

cashmoneyaffiliate said:
I was so close to hitting my target of a $5000 net profit in March

Hello Pal,
Congrats on your achievement, i hope you break the mark on this april too.

Keep pushing hard that I've been following your steps.

Question,
How do you test the conversion pixel or postback url in Voluum when you are using cake and hasoffers?

Regards

Last edited:
Hello Pal,
Congrats on your achievement, i hope you break the mark on this april too.

Keep pushing hard that I've been following your steps.

Question,
How do you test the conversion pixel or postback url in Voluum when you are using cake and hasoffers?

Regards

Thanks for the support.

Hmmm... i have never bothered to test the conversion postback before running a campaign as its always seemed to work fine and when ever a conversion appears on the network side but not in voluum i just insert the voluum click iD in the conversion upload section in Voluum.

its a very good point tho and i should look into as it could save me some $$$ at some point in the future lol.

They got fat while we starved

Wow what can I say its been a long month went back to ground zero and had to build everything back up again for the 3rd time since I started this follow along, what can I say welcome to the world of affiliate marketing 1 minute you can be on a roll then the next back down to 0 but I guess that's what makes this game so exciting.

After testing over 30 different offers I managed to pull my revenue back up from practically zero to $xxxx in revenue at about a 50% net ROI and i learned so many lessons in regards to promoting mobile content billing offers.

I won't lie it's always tough seeing -80% ROI a few days in row when a week before you were seeing +100% ROI but real G's push through that shit and crawl their way back to the top.

Mr king mobile

The approach that's been working best for me right now when promoting these content billing offers is 1st creating a short list of 3 or 5 of the top performing ones on the network based on EPC, CVR or VOLUME (the most important thing is if the offer is doing volume) then spending 5x the offer payout or $10 if the payout is $1 or less. I send traffic to each one and see which one gets the most conversions and zone in on that particular offer by experimenting with different angles and landing pages.

Once I'm sure I've got a good enough lander normally when i'm at about a -25% ROI that's when I start looking to block targets, ISPs and OS versions in that order.

One thing I've noticed is that if you block too aggressively your traffic can decrees quite a lot so I only block a particular target, ISP, or OS version when its spent more than 2x the offer payout without a single conversion or has a low CTR (This is after I think I have decent landing page)

Its got to a point now where if I test an offer and it gets a -50% ROI of the bat I get excited haha.

Not saying that this method will work for other affiliates and i don't really care if it does or not all i know is that its working for ME right now :)

What I’m listening to right now (Tyler from real social dynamics)

CMA Atom Bomb

Tip: Download now content billing offers are amazing

DL%20now%20offer_zpseniru843.png

Out of the 30 or so mobile billing offers I've promoted this month these types of offers have converted the best EVERY TIME for me simply because one can literally come up with an unlimited amount of angles, i mean if you can't think of at least 5 different angles you could use to promote a simple offer like this then you must really lack creativity.

If you're signed up to a decent mobile affiliate network you would have definitely of seen these type of offers popup on there top EPC report pretty regularly (at least i have anyway)

Unfortunately am not willing to to reveal what angels, landing pages, traffic sources or countries I’m promoting these offers in :ninja: all you need to know is that there is a lot of money to made from these types of offers.

DL%20content%20offer_zpsa6vhpd3x.png

The relentless one

My plan going forward is to try and scale my profitable campaigns as fast as I can, i'm really gonna push for that $8,000 to $10,000 ROI in May because I know its possible I can almost taste it.

I didn't achieve it this month as I underestimated the amount of research and development I would need to do to get mobile content offers profitable. What can I say you live and you learn.

My stats in Voluum are all over the place for April as I was testing so many offers I sometimes forgot to add the postback URL and click Id thing.

Total Revenue: $10,195.06
Net Profit: $5,515.52
ROI: 54.10%

Affiliate Network One April 2014

prtstats1_zps0ozrmnxi.png

Affiliate Network Two April 2014

prtstats2_zpsijyusk8a.jpg

P.S If you your just getting in to mobile and need a tracker i would strongly recommend Voluum, they have extended there free beta trial until SEPTEMBER so get on it ASAP.

P.P.S Malan Darras posted an amazing guest post on Charles Ngo blog and i have personally found it very useful in helping me come up with new ideas and angles, if you got time check it out at Learn the Best Marketing in the World...For Free - CharlesNgo.com

Attachments

• DL now offer.png
    DL now offer.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DL content offer.png
    DL content offer.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,276
  • prtstats1.png
    prtstats1.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,263
  • prtstats2.jpg
    prtstats2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,261
Last edited:
hey man,

Can you please recommend good traffic sources with mobile redirect traffic and pop unders?

thanks

Hello donvito81

Unfortunately I’m not willing to reveal any more specific details in regards to my campaigns just yet (ie: giving away top traffic sources) then i already have as affiliate marketing is extremely competitive. :)

hey,

Ive also started promoting subscription offers and was wondering if you find it better to direct link or to use a landing page? Ive managed to make a profitable campaign with some banners I created and direct linking it, but im not sure if it was just luck with the offer or if im doing everything right, as im seeing a lot of people struggling and I feel like it came too easily for me.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Paralysis of analysis

cashmoneyaffiliate said:
Hello, i hope you are very well

Talking about find winner offers and leveraging the time, some days i feel stuck when it comes to launching campaigns.
So i want to know a little bit (a lot) about your methods.

1- How many offers you launched daily when you started (regardless of budget)?
2- Which are the type of offers that are working best doing direct link?
3- have you been working with more than one ad network?
4- When you going to launch a campaign what type of target do at the beginning?
For ex: offer + wifi | offer + carrier or offer + site | offer + app

Thanks in advance
This will help me to clarify the panorama :rolleyes:

hey,

Ive also started promoting subscription offers and was wondering if you find it better to direct link or to use a landing page? Ive managed to make a profitable campaign with some banners I created and direct linking it, but im not sure if it was just luck with the offer or if im doing everything right, as im seeing a lot of people struggling and I feel like it came too easily for me.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting a campaign to profitability, make sure you milk that cow for everything its worth :)

Sounds like you're doing everything right, what's more important tho is that you now have a good idea of what a good banner and offer looks like.

It depends on the type of offer I’m promoting, I normally test landing page vs direct link as a general rule of thumb.

So far i have only gotten app game downloads profitable via direct linking, all other types of offers i’ve always seen better results with my landing pages.

From my experience other affiliates who do really well direct linking always seem to have a way of ‘selling’ the offer in the banner so by the time the user clicks through they are ready to convert.

banners
Back