The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPA Marketing Tutorial - Lesson 1: Host Your Landing Page

@tyoussef your video is incredible PLEASE! keep them coming
im saving my budget to start on my CPA career, using Amazon AWS will definetly help me improve
chances of succeding, i've hread about buckets on amazon but i though they were complicated and expensive, just saw your videos and blow my mind!, im using amazon for hosting my LP from nowon, i've used DIgital Ocean before but that got my watching youtube tutorials about SSH and bash coding, really frustrating, Thanks bro!
Perfect @GrupoWayseer :), i am glad you like it .
aws really saves time and money :).

View attachment 12437

I use Digitalocean now and have used Linode for many years now.
They are servers for professionals -- no control panels and everything is self-managed in terminal SSH.

They are high performance quality servers but they are for the advanced crowd with advanced coding skills, LINUX server dameon experience and knowledge to run server apps. Definitely not for the point-and-click crowd.

I have developed scripts to set up domains and subdomains in my Nignix

Understanding bash and bash scripting is really a necessity with these cloud VPS servers. It's just a steep learning curve -- it takes time and the ability.

Yesterday it took me some time to get this right the way I wanted it to work ... rewrites was the test sub-directory 'location pattern match'...

View attachment 12438

Part of a Nginix virtual server rewrite configuration -- rather trivial actually.

Graybeard, Jan 26, 2018

View attachment 12437

I use Digitalocean now and have used Linode for many years now.
They are servers for professionals -- no control panels and everything is self-managed in terminal SSH.

They are high performance quality servers but they are for the advanced crowd with advanced coding skills, LINUX server dameon experience and knowledge to run server apps. Definitely not for the point-and-click crowd.

I have developed scripts to set up domains and subdomains in my Nignix

Understanding bash and bash scripting is really a necessity with these cloud VPS servers. It's just a steep learning curve -- it takes time and the ability.

Yesterday it took me some time to get this right the way I wanted it to work ... rewrites was the test sub-directory 'location pattern match'...

View attachment 12438

Part of a Nginix virtual server rewrite configuration -- rather trivial actually.

Graybeard, Jan 26, 2018

Using vultr for my landings. No such coding required for html landers. Just upload using ftp.

View attachment 12439

Digitalocean and Linode do not offer this -- cPanel eats up server resources so in addition to the license cost you will need more RAM. I use Ubuntu server LTS Distros (Debian based). Linux Cent OS x64 (is RHEL (Red Hat based)).

It really depends on your applications for a server. An HTTP server -- Apache2 and Nginx are the most common and that is really just a small part of the game. Do you know how to script and cron server log rotation scripts -- compress and archive them?

What is your experience level?

Would you try driving in a Grand Prix auto race or try to drive a CAT D9 bulldozer because you can turn the key?

Well, you won't kill yourself trying to run a server :D but you may frustrate yourself to near insanity if you try to learn with the time stress of establishing a web business.

If you are just starting out and have not run servers in the past. If you are not a user of LINUX on desktop with some real background in LINUX get a managed virtual server account -- and get your landing pages working fast. You do not want to learn server administration now -- you want to make some money.

You can always move up to a cloud VPS or dedicated servers as you progress 2 cents

Server administration is a cost center and not a profit center.

Don't get me wrong it is good to know but it costs time to learn and time is money. The clock keeps ticking and time waits for no man ;) You have got to crawl, walk then hit the ground running in that order -- or you will fall flat on your face.

Graybeard, Jan 26, 2018

tyoussef, GrupoWayseer and hasi like this.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :) I have some basic experience in web hosting but don't know linux/shell commands.
my requirements :- 1 million monthly visitors. 700-800 GB bandwidth. AWS charge for get,put requests. also cloudfront bandwidth charges are very high.

Thanks

Is that a 1 million visits per month goal or a short term target based on current traffic?
Check your site PM/email ;) 1 million visits per month is always interesting to me -- even if it consists of a lot of bulk traffic there are 1,000 buyers (conversions) there 0.01%

Traffic generation and management would be a full time job.

I do know some people that own hosting businesses that manage servers and also some server admins that might want to work part-time on the side. A lot depends on the server's needs. Most of server work is on the back-end. HTTP server daemons are just a part of what is involved.

A lot depends on what you are doing as far as the resources needed.

Graybeard, Jan 26, 2018

tyoussef and hasi like this

My servers have SFTP ofc but I have been using rsync and scp to upload entire domains and to synchronize the local location with the server contents and visa versa -- keep any confidential notes out of the Document Root :rolleyes:

SFTP (secure FTP using SSH) firewall out 21 FTP so you lessen the possibility of server exploits/intrusion ;) SFTP is just for working a file, updating and testing.

Thanks for the lesson!

So to my understanding basically you use Cloudfront to host your landing page rather than a VPS?

That's why it's cheaper?

Also is it as fast and can it handle as much traffic as a VPS?

My initial plan was to buy a VPS and some domains, but now you just need some domains and the AWS account instead right?

Hope you can answer these questions, cheers

So to my understanding basically you use Cloudfront to host your landing page rather than a VPS?
that's right bro.

That's why it's cheaper?
exactly because you only pay for what you consume, not like a vps you pay for it and you have to add cdn as well.

Also is it as fast and can it handle as much traffic as a VPS?
it can handle more then what vps can handle man, we are talking about amazon servers.

My initial plan was to buy a VPS and some domains, but now you just need some domains and the AWS account instead right?
that's right, all you need now is domain names and amazon AWS account, and link each domain name with a bucket, and of course you can host many landing pages in one bucket it's up to you.

Hope you can answer these questions, cheers
feel free to ask anytime @s3k am always here bro, so as the other members.

that's right bro.

exactly because you only pay for what you consume, not like a vps you pay for it and you have to add cdn as well.

it can handle more then what vps can handle man, we are talking about amazon servers.

that's right, all you need now is domain names and amazon AWS account, and link each domain name with a bucket, and of course you can host many landing pages in one bucket it's up to you.

feel free to ask anytime @s3k am always here bro, so as the other members.

Thanks for answering, much appreciated!

Glad to have such helpful people on this forum

I have a question:

Say I want to have many landing pages on the same domain, how would I do that?

Can't think of a way to edit CNAME records etc to do it...

Also is there anything wrong with using the AWS link directly? I'm thinking to just put it into my tracker like that

Say I want to have many landing pages on the same domain, how would I do that?
very simple all you have to do is to create another bucket and upload the landing page to it.

Can't think of a way to edit CNAME records etc to do it...
no need to do that.

Also is there anything wrong with using the AWS link directly? I'm thinking to just put it into my tracker like that
you have to use a tracker bro.

very simple all you have to do is to create another bucket and upload the landing page to it.

no need to do that.

you have to use a tracker bro.

Ah ok I'll make more buckets then.

Yes I'm using a tracker for the putting the link into the traffic source, what I meant is that right now I'm just putting the AWS link directly into the tracker instead of my domain.

Why not just use that domain's file structure?
Every server domain has a DocumentRoot or root

Use rewrites
rewrite example.com/22 example.com/22/index.php
#nginx
rewrite ^/22$ /22/index.php last;
If you want a pretty URL :p

A CNAME is an alias
sub.example.com. CNAME w ww.alias.com. <different domains NOT redirects

Ah ok might try that. Also did not know CNAME is an alias, always thought it was a redirect for some reason. Thanks for that

banners
Back