The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CPA Marketing Tutorial - Lesson 1: Host Your Landing Page

Ah ok might try that. Also did not know CNAME is an alias, always thought it was a redirect for some reason. Thanks for that
that's true.

Yes I'm using a tracker for the putting the link into the traffic source, what I meant is that right now I'm just putting the AWS link directly into the tracker instead of my domain.
have you followed the tutorial well.
you host the landing page in aws, and you take the url of it and put it in the tracker, and also you put the offer link in the tracker, and you get the campaign url and that campaign url is what you put in the traffic source.
just follow the tutorial and you will do all of this.

Why not just use that domain's file structure?
Every server domain has a DocumentRoot or root

Use rewrites
rewrite example.com/22 example.com/22/index.php
#nginx
rewrite ^/22$ /22/index.php last;
If you want a pretty URL :p

A CNAME is an alias
sub.example.com. CNAME w ww.alias.com. <different domains NOT redirects

@Graybeard, this amazon buckets is little different, they only allow you to upload static files.
you don't have the permission to overwrite the server's configurations.

it's not like having a server and install apache or nginx in it.
you can't even execute PHP files there.

Sounds like geocities or homestead (from the internet dinosaur days) -- very limited to static HTML.
That's like having a tool-box with just just one hammer -- if you need a pliers -- you're screwed :D
yes @Graybeard but that's only one of there services where people can store they static files, they have server as well.
this is there featured services, and they have lot of other things.
zymOrI7.png

I know about the apps on AWS servers -- you pay for use by the hour.
I am comfortable administering servers in ssh with no control panel.
I would consider hard to configure software applications possibly using AWS where a control panel might be helpful.

well yeah @Graybeard, things are little different in amazon buckets.
no need of ssh, it's easy and newbie friendly for people who can't manage servers + it's cheap for them look at there pricing Cloud Storage Pricing | S3 Pricing by Region | Amazon Simple Storage Service .

Personally, I have 8GB RAM and 11TB mo currently scattered over 5 VPS servers; 3 in the US and 2 in NL for $67/ mo total

really good, yes unmanaged servers are cheaper, cpanel and support and all that things that coasts too much.
but lot of people don't know how to manage servers.

and yeah me too i need to upgrade the os in one of my dedicated servers.

Why not just use that domain's file structure?
Every server domain has a DocumentRoot or root

Use rewrites
rewrite example.com/22 example.com/22/index.php
#nginx
rewrite ^/22$ /22/index.php last;
If you want a pretty URL :p

A CNAME is an alias
sub.example.com. CNAME w ww.alias.com. <different domains NOT redirects

Sounds like geocities or homestead (from the internet dinosaur days) -- very limited to static HTML.
That's like having a tool-box with just just one hammer -- if you need a pliers -- you're screwed :D

Hello purelander , i tried hosting php lander , its downloading index.php file instead opening it
you can't host php files in amazon AWS buckets.
it's only for static content + i don't think you need php.
can you tell me please why you want to host php page ?.

That's because the server you are using is not configured with PHP.
It is downloading the script as a *unknown* text file MIME?
that's true the servers doesn't recognised the file .

their buckets are being used mostly for storage .

I know about the apps on AWS servers -- you pay for use by the hour.
I am comfortable administering servers in ssh with no control panel.
I would consider hard to configure software applications possibly using AWS where a control panel might be helpful.

Personally, I have 8GB RAM and 11TB mo currently scattered over 5 VPS servers; 3 in the US and 2 in NL for $67/ mo total
3 host networks -- redundancy if needed.
Small time in my world :p
Where I used to work we had over 200 leased dedicated co-lo servers. $100K/mo with the dedicated fiber out that we leased -- 40Gb/s bandwidth. We were limited to the *pipe* we bought out to the carriers -- we did 4TB per day (that I knew of) <<<video mainly

I used to run a server on my cable modem linked off a hosting account. The server in my office was ported to 16700 so the traffic was unnoticed -- I did that for years :p I still have development servers in my home. Developing websites locally then using rsync to copy them to commercial hosts makes the work easier.

**sorry a bit off-topic

I would be looking at t3. at least -- it would be less if I consolidated about $15 mo less. Problem is I would need to set up a new server. I need to upgrade a few servers in the coming year -- the os updated some are 2-3 years old. I'll look into it but ...

Last edited:
Hi,
Pls help me, when I edit to put my domain to the "Alternate Domain Names
(CNAMEs)" in Cloudfront but can not accept to edit as picture. Pls let me know why and how can I do?Tks
c1.png

Hi,
Pls help me, when I edit to put my domain to the "Alternate Domain Names
(CNAMEs)" in Cloudfront but can not accept to edit as picture. Pls let me know why and how can I do?Tks
View attachment 15321

Perfect, please follow this video:

your problem will be solved, I have made a video after the update that amazon did.
follow this and if you still have any issue let me know please

banners
Back