The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

ClickBank

Hi Tony,

Lots here use it but I don't recommend it for newbies. Some disagree with me.

Here's a long thread that’s a sticky in here in the newbie forum.
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/">Clickbank - Not a Good Place for Newbies to Start</a>

Reading the rest of the stickies in the newbie forum is a good place to start
and will likely answer other questions you may have too.

Hi Tony,

Linda's link will give you lots of advice and views i'm sure ...

but to answer your question ...

i started with clickbank, as a n00b, and had my first sale off it within a month ... and now do ok out of it ...

so ... even if it isn't the best place to start perhaps, people do start there and do succeed. :)

I see a lot of people claiming that Clickbank has tracking problems, I disagree.

Sure there's time when I wonder, but overall I make a fair amount of money off them.

For those of you that are seeing a decrease in sales I wonder if you are using iframes or clocking software that uses them.

If you are stop because they require 3rd party cookies to be enabled to work.

The main issue with Clickbank in my opinion...is newbies start out in the "tough spots" to make money.

Clickbank has a ton of opportunity...but what makes it so tough for newbies is they go for the "make money niche" or the "health niche"...right out of the gate.

Do your proper market research first. Then and only then do you search Clickbank for a product that matches a pre-determined market you have already found...if Clickbank doesn't have a solid match, skip Clickbank and search on Commission Junction or even better...

Talk to people.

That's right, talk to people personally.

I have 3 key relationships that have made me more $$$ than Clickbank ever could...and at more $$$ per sale (and leads). :)

You don't need to buy no stinkin' e-books to succeed in affiliate marketing...just be an active member of 5-Star Affiliate Forums! 8)

I started in clickbank and to this day I still use them. I make pretty good money out of there to! The thing about clickbank is they throw all the big "sellers" in front of you like the "make money online" and "weightloss" niches. There are some real winners in there that are way down the list. I have one product that the gravity on clickbank is only like 30 or so but it sells left and right 7 days a week. I think newbies should stay away from the "make money online" and the "weightloss" niches all together at first. Your just asking to be disappointed.

What people don't understand is the "gravity" can be deceiving. Yea fat loss for idiots has a gravity of like 600 or so but it converts like CRAP! I got a ton of traffic to it and the conversions were so bad it wasn't worth my time. Many times the makers of these products will get in good with guys that have lists of 100,000 people on them. Now even if your conversion rate is 1 out of 1000 thats still decent sales for one email. Just because it has a high gravity does not mean you are going to make a bunch of money in it.

Also the ones with the lower gravity will have less competition as well. Doesn't always work out the way you want it, but when you find one that does, hold on to it and market that crap out of it. It will make you money!:D

ClickBank can be a great source of income if one is good at and has experience in choosing a niche . There are tons of merchants who are either not so popular or scam. So I personally think it is not the right place for beginners

ClickBank can be a great source of income if one is good at and has experience in choosing a niche .

Learning how to pick a niche is part of the process. There is a learning curve to it just like keyword research. If it was easy to pick a niche we'd all be rich.

Sometimes you never know until you get in there and try it out. I have failed many times with niches I picked that I thought would be great. I just accepted the product or niche sucked, picked another one and moved on. Eventually you learn how to pick out something that your pretty sure is going to convert. Then you test it to make sure.

Clickbank is a really great program - and the best by far in my opinion - for earning real cash every month

You ask if they are legit - I would say - ABSOLUTELY!
I have been PAID many times - at over $250 a go - so definately they are legit

The great advantage over every other affiliate program you will come across is that their are no clever tricks

If you join one of the others then I would WARN YOU to CAREFLLY READ the terms and conditions - and watch out for anywhere where it talks about INACTIVE affiliates!

YES - be very careful, because these guys that run these programs want you to bring them sales and then suddenly delete your account, because in their opinion you are inactive because you havent gotten sales in certain period

I can tell you from personal experience that being an affiliate is not as easy as some people try to make out. It takes hard work and dedication. So most people will only get the odd sale here or there, but a few sales like that every month can add up to alot of money - at least with clickbank

This is another advantage of clickbank - the commissions you earn are alot more money than alot of programs. You will see plenty of schemes where you earn as little as 5% - which is way too low when you consider all the work that affiliates do to bring in the sales. There are some products on the clickbank market place which will earn you as much as 75% from just one sale, so there is plenty of money in it for everyone

Are their problems with clickbank - YES of course! - there are problems with everything

To be honest the only real problems I would point to - as an affiliate - it is different for people that want to be merchants! -

The titles and descriptions on the market place dont always fit - and you have to rewrite them. This can be a real pain - especially if you use the clickbank feed as the basis for contextual ads on your website

The other problem to be aware of is that the hoplink system is to easy to cheat, with plenty of people that try and get round your affiliate link. However you can easily solve this problem with a cloaked link

This is another advantage of clickbank - the commissions you earn are alot more money than alot of programs. You will see plenty of schemes where you earn as little as 5% - which is way too low when you consider all the work that affiliates do to bring in the sales. There are some products on the clickbank market place which will earn you as much as 75% from just one sale, so there is plenty of money in it for everyone

Commissions are related to profit margin. ebooks are pretty much all profit so they can afford to pay 75%.

But for instance 5% on computers is extremely high for that market, most only pay 2% and that's because there is hardly any profit. So it depends on the type of product.

If CB started accepting electronics merchants they would still only pay out 3-5% because that's all the room they have to play with.

Just pointing out commissions vary by product not by network so much.

Commissions are related to profit margin. ebooks are pretty much all profit so they can afford to pay 75%.

But for instance 5% on computers is extremely high for that market, most only pay 2% and that's because there is hardly any profit. So it depends on the type of product.

If CB started accepting electronics merchants they would still only pay out 3-5% because that's all the room they have to play with.

Just pointing out commissions vary by product not by network so much.

And...just because the commission percentage is higher in Clickbank...that does not mean they pay out more money.

In fact, Clickbank products pay less on a good portion of their products when you compare action to action needed to earn the commission.

On top of that...there are not too many high-ticket (commission pay out more than $100.00 at least) affiliate items on Clickbank...simply because it's all info-products.

Not to discredit the income opportunity with Clickbank, it's still a solid opportunity (outside of IM)...just to keep things in perspective. :D

banners
Back