The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

clickbank, PayDotCom, SFI,etc

Marimack

affiliate
Hi, all you aspirational marketers, like me. It seems to be the common wisdom that a good place to get started is with Clickbank especially. I am wondering what is the opinion here, as opposed to spending the time to build niches. Does anyone have any experience with PayDotCom, SFI, amazon of others?

I find that I am increasingly interested in how to use social marketing, particularly twitter, as marketing tools. but it is so easy to lose focus, that I wonder if i should just keep concentrating on the more traditional internet marketing path that I am still trying to learn? any advice most welcome.

Cheers, Marimack

Hi Marimack,

I'm not one of the ones that says CB is a good place to start.
I'm sort of anti-ebooks. :eek:

But the best place to start I think can mainly be determined by your chosen niche. If your niche lends itself to regular retail products then one of the leading affiliate networks is where you should start.

Once you have the right niche and the right products to compliment it, then you find the best place to market to that particular niche.

Have you researched and picked a good niche yet?

Just to throw it out there,

If you have a system in place that is generating a steady return, stick with it for 80 or 90% of your time. You can dabble in other areas to take care of your boredom or need for mental stimulation and you will come across other ways to make some returns.

I personally hate the ebooks because so many of the successful ones are essentially scams (IMO). But one of my buddies does REALLY well producing and distributing DIY videos and marketing ebooks that go along with them.

If you are looking for a good place to start, pick a hobby of yours and go find some good stores online that you would not hesitate to buy from. Generate some traffic to them, and start growing from there!

Clickbank isn't ALL about e-books. I worked as an A.M. for a Clickbank merchant and we didn't sell e-books. There are actually some good products in the CB network that don't require you to sell e-books.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm with Linda. Niche research is crucial, as well as the study of the competition, how you intend to market (as in your social networking idea) or whether you want to attempt PPC, or SEO driven traffic.

You ought to check out Commission Junction too. You can get affiliate links from their sites from reputable companies that people use daily like insurance companies, internet, travel, etc. I've gotten commissions from there before.

Clickbank is the best place to start with.
I once tried CJ and opted out of their network because of their cookie tracking system.

MI
Back