The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[CASE STUDY] Campaign AndroidApp CPI (Mobile)

GrupoWayseer

Hi Affiliatefix

Im an affiliate with 5 years of experience and most of the time i lurk on the forum to read how everybody is doing with their journals and case studies, so now in the name of taking action im willing to learn in the trenches, because let’s face it, if you don’t create campaigns and fail you will NEVER be a successful affiliate, it’s an ability like everything else you just got to get a hang of it

Soo this is my case study, testing the waters of Mobile

Offer: Battery Boost CPI (Thailand)

Payout: $0.10 USD

Category: Mobile Android App Installs

Affiliate network: Peerfly

Traffic Source: Popads.net

Landing pages: 1

Tracking: THRIVE

Budget: $10 USD

Offer

I decided to go with a CPI install offer due to it would be more easy to get the conversions going even if im on a budget, basically im buying DATA and get my optimizations skills to work to become profitable soonest possible, payout is $0.10 USD but that does not concern me , im playing the volume game with MOBILE, clicks are cheap as well, hopefully I will find some profit

001.jpg

Affiliate Network: Peerfly

This is the first network I got accepted and its platform is one of the most newbie friendly I ever found, I was looing for App install mobile offers and I got great surprise with Peerfly they are updating offers quickly I did find dome CPI offers I could work with, I tried not to overthink this part, if the offer converts right of the bat it means the offer is good and can be optimized , this is what im looking for

Traffic source: Popads.net

Kind of bittersweet experience with Popads , it was a nice surprise to find out I could fund my account with $10.00 USD, I said great! That’s like $190 USD less than Zeropark which was my first choice, I just funded my popads.net and I cannot get my account verified due to the Phone verification process, so frustrating, apparently the site is having trouble with this, I sent them an email to get help.

002.jpg

Landing Page

Landing page for Mobile was kind of tricky, I installed Adobe Muse CC on my laptop and started to learn how it worked, I know if I want to succeed on affiliate marketing I have to have my own style on banner/LP I cannot be successful just by stealing LP.

Adobe Muse works great, really easy to use for me since I had experience with Dreamweaver and Indesign both from Adobe, Landing pages are very quality looking im glad that I learned this skill it’s gonna save me lots of money!

Im planning to split test 10 angles per campaign, in this case 10 landing pages per campaing

If I master Adobe MUSE CC I can split test heavily and this is the most important part of the funnel for me since im doing Popup/popunder traffic, I still don’t mess with banners

lp-thai.jpg

Tracking: THIVE

Although THRIVE was not my first tracking choice, I gotta say it looks very powerful and I confident I will make it work, my first option was Voluum but since its not free anymore I decided to start with THRIVE and the 30 days free offer, just went trough the tutorial videos for THRIVE . I already installed it on my VPS (beyondHosting) everything up and running. (install tutorial pretty straight forward)

thrive.jpg

Its like this

VOLUUM (no VPS required) $99 USD month

THRIVE (VPS needed) $99 USD month (first 30 days are FREE no credit card required)

Since im on a budget I went with THRIVE to save that money and buy more traffic, I will get VOLUUM as I go along and start earning money

Budget: $10 USD

Yes 10 dollars, why? Well, this is a small attempt to test the waters and my budget is low, I just want to get the grasp of it, I know that when I have my system drilled down I will do better, everybody starts somewhere

Besides, im testing the first day of $5 USD im going with my normal landing page, and the second day im going with the same landing page but this time im going to add an Exit Popup to the LP, its says something like “Hey if you go exit this page your phone may have memory lost” . I don’t know if Popads accept Exit Popups so I don’t know.

See what’s working and go from there

That’s it! Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Hey all

Well this little experiment begun and the first results are here

stats.jpg

I sent little more then $6 USD in popunder traffic and this are the numbers
i set my bid high to receive traffic quick, i will adjust accordingly
Im pleased to see convertions already that means 2 things, the offer is good it only needs optimization on LP/angles and maybe i have a winner, and identify bad website referals to filter out the ones that are getting my money but not giving me conversions

Optimization

First off i need advice here, whats a good Mobile LP CTR? i got 5.7 CTR on this particular LP is that low? either way im doing 2 more LP to put to the split test. THRIVE makes it easy to split test.

I havent figured out yet how to find out which websites are the bad ones not converting, THRIVE has a lot to offer and sometime overwelming i need to see the tutorial videos again, maybe im missing a variable to pass-trough, just using SubID#2 now to track conversions, any advice?

The Spend/Profit/ROI columns are missleading due to my charges per click settings are off, i think im getting cheaper clicks (or views) on Popads and i need to update it to get fresh stats

To do..

After optimization i will launch again, same $5 USD hopefully after optimization will see some improvement on conversions

@GrupoWayseer

First of all apply to mobile affiliate network, and talk there with AM to see what works. Starting as a newbie in the mobile vertical even as an experienced marketer demands adjusting...

Your payout is very low, I doubt if you can make money with such a low payout.

Your bid is crazy man.... go with 0.002 for starting or something like that. you pay CPM here...

Good luck man, keep taking action!!

@tom804 you can.

@GrupoWayseer

First of all apply to mobile affiliate network, and talk there with AM to see what works. Starting as a newbie in the mobile vertical even as an experienced marketer demands adjusting...

Your bid is crazy man.... go with 0.002 for starting or something like that. you pay CPM here...

@tom804 you can.

Hey Chestofcash thanks for the advice

Actually im in 5 affiliate networks now and have a good relation with my AMs some better than other, in fact my Peerfly AM told me this offer was converting good and was a potential winner.

As i mentioned my CPC was missleding on that screenshot after making a little math i found out im paying $0.004 per pop, already adjusted my tracker with this to get real numbers

The payout is low i hear you, i will run this angle couple of days more, gonna rotate diff LP to see if i find a winner, if i see more promise i will ask my AM for a payout bump, if after payout bump and optimization im not making good ROI i will drop it and move on, if im barely making a profit i will leave it running and go for the next offer or scale verticaly to other popups maybe

Cheers

@GrupoWayseer

Actually im in 5 affiliate networks now and have a good relation with my AMs some better than other, in fact my Peerfly AM told me this offer was converting good and was a potential winner.

Peerfly don't have good offers inventory for mobile. They focus on desktop. Period. When your AM tell you that's a good offer it is because He doesn't have a better offer and he want you to stay with him. He is definitely not going to be the last, do the best thing for you.

So. Go to mobile affiliate networks, I can PM you the good ones if you want.

As i mentioned my CPC was missleding on that screenshot after making a little math i found out im paying $0.004 per pop, already adjusted my tracker with this to get real numbers

for your payout, cpc of $0.004 is freaking high.... make it $0.0009 and with high CV you have a chance to break even lol...

The payout is low i hear you, i will run this angle couple of days more, gonna rotate diff LP to see if i find a winner, if i see more promise i will ask my AM for a payout bump, if after payout bump and optimization im not making good ROI i will drop it and move on, if im barely making a profit i will leave it running and go for the next offer or scale verticaly to other popups maybe

Before you start campaign make a simulation of performance. Make CPC, CTR, CR and EPV goals, along with estimated Volume you can get. If your campaign doesn't pass that test, kill it. If it isn't have a very decent chance to make big profit, kill it. Don't waste your time guessing and bleeding money, the more focused you are - the more you learn and gain experience (and money lol).

Good luck!

hi @ChestOfCash , can you explain more about the simulation?
Before you start campaign make a simulation of performance. Make CPC, CTR, CR and EPV goals, along with estimated Volume you can get. If your campaign doesn't pass that test, kill it. If it isn't have a very decent chance to make big profit, kill it. Don't waste your time guessing and bleeding money, the more focused you are - the more you learn and gain experience (and money lol).

And good luck for you @GrupoWayseer :)
Will follow your journey.

@GrupoWayseer

@tom804 you can.

Thanks.

I like this approach can you elaborate more on this?
how do you exactly make the calculation?

Thanks

@GrupoWayseer and @dancys

Make this calculator your new friend: CPV Campaign Calculator | AdCalc.net - Free Internet Marketing Calculators

look at CPC, CTR, CR and EPV. you need your eCPA to be lower than your payout.

first of all make sure your idea has the potential. If it is you can go next.

Hail Lord ChestOfCash!!!

If you ever plan to conquer Middle Earth as the new dark Lord Sauron,or protect Middle Earth as a new Aragorn, you have my support.

This is just to awesome!!

I made this calculator my new best friend and if I succeed with its helps, I will EVEN MARRY IT!!

Edited TWICE: because I do not proofread before I post. I suck as a human being.

@seeqer

Hahahahaha lol.

With time you'll have the sense immediately if the numbers seem right or not, that's why I no longer use that calculator, out of if the margins are quite small so I'll double check.

Anyway planning your campaign right is a big factor of your success as affiliate, as you focus your work on REAL campaigns, not dream and hustle...

banners
Back