The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can you help me with my Facebook Ad copy?

OscarMike

Hi guys, I recently posted about how my Facebook ad account got terminated.

Good news: I got it back.

I would like to create a "like" campaign for my facebook page. It's about basketball news.

Which ad do you think will more likely be accepted by FB?

1) "Click like if you think the Dallas Mavericks rock!"

or

2) "Click like for daily news about the Dallas Mavericks"

I've read that it's bad if you use the word "you" in a FB ad.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Bump. My FB ad account got disabled yet again. Facebook really frustrates me. All I did was create a poll about an NBA player for my basketball news page and apparently that's considered an "Unacceptable Business Practice."

where was the poll
and what did it do after you 'submit' your vote?

if you were forcing likes by trick that's why
Is Stephen Curry a good point guard?
It went to a wufoo survey/poll page. No redirect to an email submit offer yet. I boosted the fan page post with a link to the poll. The post said: "Is Stephen Curry a good point guard? Yes or no? 30-second poll. Vote now!" My account got disabled right after I published the ad. Nothing 'scammy''

Bump. My FB ad account got disabled yet again. Facebook really frustrates me. All I did was create a poll about an NBA player for my basketball news page and apparently that's considered an "Unacceptable Business Practice."
They become pretty strict when it comes to advertising, so I'm not sure if you will be able to proceed with that type of campaign here, and you shouldn't even force to try it again since they could ban you permanently and prohibit you to make any other paid ads.

Hey, I think you creating something which is not allowed on Facebook. You must read all the terms and condition before creating any ads. Just google Facebook ads policies and they mentioned everything on it. Its difficult to surpass Google bots to find anything beyond their advertisement policy.

is that page compliant to Facebook's ad policies?
TOS Contact links?
Wufoo does have a TOS. I'm not sure if it's compliant with Facebook ad's policies though. I wasn't collecting email addresses in the traditional sense. so no privacy policy is needed (i hope). I'm sending the punter to another website where the email is being collected.

I should visit a doctor, whenever I come across a sentence that contains (FB and Ads) I get a terrible headache
128978791167920110725-22047-1wjgbsg.png

- Samira

Update: good news everyone. I got my Facebook ads account back :) I'm not sure why a simple wufoo poll that didn't collect email addresses would get my account disabled. I don't like that Facebook doesn't provide a detailed explanation for their ban.

My question to you: Are snip.ly links allowed on Facebook? I don't want to get banned again. I would like to boost a post that contains a news article related to my niche (nba basketball news). The ad would contain a sniply link to the news article.

Should I risk it?

Edit: One possible reason why my ad account got disabled is because when I created the page I selected "website" as the page category. I forget to list my actual website in the the page's website field because it was still being developed. Perhaps no website raised red flags in Facebook's eyes...

Last edited:
It went to a wufoo survey/poll page.
You can't collect data from Facebook users </hypocrisy>
They knew you might change the form after it was approved --maybe --very obvious
Try another popular media that FB (Meta) does not own, or; some other approach

Update: good news everyone. I got my Facebook ads account back :) I'm not sure why a simple wufoo poll that didn't collect email addresses would get my account disabled. I don't like that Facebook doesn't provide a detailed explanation for their ban.

My question to you: Are snip.ly links allowed on Facebook? I don't want to get banned again. I would like to boost a post that contains a news article related to my niche (nba basketball news). The ad would contain a sniply link to the news article.

Should I risk it?

Edit: One possible reason why my ad account got disabled is because when I created the page I selected "website" as the page category. I forget to list my actual website in the the page's website field because it was still being developed. Perhaps no website raised red flags in Facebook's eyes...
Congratulations!!!! :D

- Samira

banners
Back