The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Can you automate affiliate network reports?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Looking for a technical solution to this business management problem

Automate the collection of daily performance data (clicks, sales, commissions, best performing categories, programs, products) from multiple affiliate networks into a single spreadsheet (or google sheet)

Will then schedule the updated document to get sent to my inbox every morning
Is there a straight forward solution for this?

You would have to retrieve s2s (server to server) postbacks and do something with them.
I don't know about the google sheets end but you could output a on demand .csv file that would work in any spreadsheet app/GUI
I am doing that with financial data know locally and force a spreadsheet to open the daily file .
So yes --if you have the data to display

Hope you find a solution, that would be such a time saving resource.

Started by scheduling PDF performance reports to arrive every morning in inbox from each network
Next step is to populate the spreadsheet automatically
Guess the networks will respond some time Monday

It is certainly possible. S2s pixels would provide only conversions data but some networks do have APIs that can give you clicks data as well. If you describe the exact expectations, network names (and platform like affise/cake), I might be able to help you with it.

Thanks for helping
You guys are on a whole other level of tech
I'll wait to hear back from the networks
as they might have something already set up
Will report what they send

CSV is workable.
But every network thinks they are the 'smart' ones so you will have to normalize the data into a file or database to read it 'relational'

in other words --the correct values in the correct columns in an aggregated fashion (if that is what you are after)

You should be able to load a properly formatted .csv file into google spreadsheets. I don't use Google Spreadsheets so IDK the formatting specifics
Generally, any line that is characters with spaces needs to be enclosed in "" quotation marks to format as one column (a string of text).

Sales and/or traffic stats (events) for multiple vendors/programs.
I would use a cron job update into a MySQL database for this and a PHP front end if you need it for a 'statistical display panel'
Another way would be to use a NoSQL elasticsearch might work too --that should only be used locally or on a business VPN secure tunnel. Same with MySQL If Security is an issue.

Last edited:
Be sure to see some of the SaaS platforms listed here. I think there are a few (and a couple not approved yet) that collect the data and report it on a chosen schedule. I have an AM that does this for me.

Last edited:
this is what I ended up with my algorithm "Grindex" for ClickBank offers
XML->json->csv sorted in a spreadsheet for now will be in MySQL when I am done (updated (weekly?))

test-grindex-algo.png

• Referred = IDK. Puzzling the documentation says it 'PCDATA' I am guessing a CR value perhaps --if so it's a gold mine ;)
  • Grindex is my own algorithm <proprietary ... However, the higher the index the better the averages are (supposedly --untested as of yet)
  • C is the index of that offer's Gravity How do I use the ClickBank Marketplace stats? <<see 'Grav' on that page
  • F is the beginning date the offer was made. A lot of the older offers are not HTTPS --so users would get a browser error. My theory is if something is making money you would update it to today's web standards ... ;)
json-display.png

Last edited:
banners
Back