The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Buying websites that are ready to go

mike73

I see on ebay you can buy websites that are ready to go, does anyone have any views on these or had any experience with them?:confused:

buying websites

Hi Mike,
I did see in my domain area a place listed as sell. I would be interested also in learning about sites that are all ready going and for sale. It sounds like an interesting concept. Jan

Yikes. if you are talking about those, " get a free ready built website" promos, well I got burnt by one when i was a newbie. The hosting service wanted I think it was $100 for me to have a customized domain name. Kinda like I had no choice. How does one promote url greatproducts29870?

But if you are talking about an old site that someone is looking to sell, I don't see the problem

I got a "free" website with the program I'm in, and I don't like it, because (a) it promotes products I have no experience with, and (b) I can't change it. There are places that offer free website that you can put together with drag-and-drop procedures. I am going that direction myself.

Sounds like he's talking a turnkey ready-made site. Many of those are not designed well for search engines, they are just designed to look good. Some are pretty inflexible to change unless you really know what you are doing. I'd also be careful they aren't just selling you a cookie cutter duplicate of other sites that have been sold.

Ebay websites

Hi Mike,

I've spent some time checking out websites for sale on Ebay. I would say that many of the "ready made" sites are designed to sell hosting. The seller will often create and sell the website in hopes that the buyer will host the site with them. In that way they will make their money with the ongoing hosting fees. Hope this helps.

Makes sense --- thank you.

The site I got with my course was advertised as "free." It was --- but the hosting fee is substantial. I was fortunate enough to sign up for only one month --- then I will transfer the domain elsewhere and build ny own site with products of MY choosing. I might add that there are several hosts out there who provide free drag-and-drop website-creation programs --- and charge lower fees than what my host charges. In fact, there is one that is completely free.

Just to add to it all ...

a lot of these ready made sites might have bad reps with google etc ... so although they might be ok for ppc stuff, they might not be so good for organic type stuff ...

i entirely think the best way to go is building your own site or using squidoo etc etc ... anyone who wants to make this their living will have to do that at some stage, better to do it sooner rather than later :)

I'd stay away from the cookie cutter web sites you see on ebay. The funny thing is almost all the sites for sale like that say established and the domains are less than a week old.

I'd much rather buy a site from someone here on on digital point than some place like that.

MI
Back