“webinar”/ “VOLUUM”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

buying article content or write by yourself?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bagiinfo, Nov 18, 2016.

1. daica85

daica85 Affiliate Marketplace Seller affiliate

Right, I've also hired writer freelancers on upwork. However it takes time to choose a good one.

2. Voluum
  3. Daceyank

Daceyank Affiliate affiliate

For a start, I'd recommend that you write your own content rather than buying. This would help you relate well with your blog, know what works best and what does not work, and also have control over the content being posted. Once you have enough traffic and feel like the demand for more content is beyond you, then you can consider buying

4. Aveathlei

Aveathlei Affiliate affiliate

If your blog is still new, I would advise that you write content by yourself. This would help you give it direction and help you also to connect with it. That way, you'll have the authority over your blog and see that it ischanneled in the direction that you desire. You can monitor the traffic to your blog, and make necesarry adjustments

5. Paiva

Paiva Affiliate affiliate

For a start, it is very wise to write your own articles. This helps you gain control over your account and you'll also develop a connection that you can't achieve by buying content. Furthermore, bought content may not really be put well in a manner that drives your point home. So if you are able to, write them yourself

6. Certified
    MyLead

MyLead Active Member Certified Vendor Affiliate Manager affiliate

In earlier stages when you're not having big budget, you should write by yourself. When your project is profitable, it's worth to buy content.

7. FireAds

FireAds Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I don't want to say another cliché here, so I would like to focus on quality of articles.

Of course if you don't have money, then you don't buy it - it's obvious. The main advantage of buying articles is their quality. Copywriters produce tens or hundreds of articles per month, so their writing skills and SEO knowledge (in terms of articles) is way better than average.

The prices of articles from freelancers are not very high and in my opinion affordable. It's good idea to check Facebook groups to find them. Better not try to scam them, they have black lists of people who don't pay, so if you ruin your reputation once, you may never be able to restore it.

I can tell from my personal experience, large SEO companies often hire freelancers instead of writing their own articles. It's just cheaper (cost per hour) and better. Moreover you can't be familiar with all topics, so it's natural to ask other people for help.

Summing up, it's good to buy articles, unless you're really proficient with writing and you enjoy it.

8. Mansi shrivastav

Mansi shrivastav Affiliate affiliate

some time I purchases but mostly I write myself I think you write yourself because it's better because you know better about your topic you can better write SEO optimized content than a writer.

9. nolimithero

nolimithero Affiliate affiliate

It depends what is your purpose. The most popular bloggers buy content from writters , but for beginners I suggest to write article by their own.

10. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

If you do it in the English language, or any tongue really; use proper grammar then use spell check and proofread.

11. AdSpyglass

AdSpyglass Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

Start posting yourself, then you can understand how much time it takes, and decide what way is cheaper: your work time with writters to pay.

12. HenkB

HenkB Affiliate affiliate

I always write them myself. I've tried multiple writers and they all can't get it right. I mean their writing is perfect, it's just that it's not perfect for my websites.. I don't know how to explain...

13. PaidPoints

PaidPoints Affiliate affiliate

I am stingy when it comes to outsourcing posts for my blog. Nope, nope. I will never be satisfied with it on my blog if it wasn't written by me. It may be a perfect post even way better than what I can write, but if it doesn't come from me, I always feel somehow about it being on my blog. I don't know why.

14. innovativelee

innovativelee Affiliate affiliate

Write every day. Copy the writers that you follow. Learn new words. Use the thesaurus. Be patient. Edit.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  15. KatePage

KatePage Affiliate affiliate

How much content do you need monthly? How much time do you spend writing? Do you have time for this? Can you write better than your colleagues? Do you monetize your content? Answer these questions and get the answer + Write yourself then order content and compare how both articles wor.

16. Suchita Khanna

Suchita Khanna Affiliate affiliate

Hey!

I think If you don't have much time in your hands to actually sit and write everything, you can use various freelancing platforms where you can get content at a good rate.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  17. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Just copy the first 10 results in Google and rework the winning descriptions. If you are competent in the language of the searches. That is what these paid services must do -- regurgitate unoriginal content. Good luck to the winners :p

18. MarcadoGreen

MarcadoGreen Affiliate affiliate

Agree with most people here - at the beginning you definitely should work on the content yourself. Not only its a great experience, but you'll firsthand will know what works and what doesn't work for your blog/ website. This will also allow you to better evaluate the content you'll receive in the future from freelance copywriters/ people that write for you!

azgold likes this.
MI