The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Building a website headaches

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
As my other thread explains, I am having second thoughts about continuing my original plan to sell information products. Alternatively, there ARE products and merchants in a lot of affiliate programs that I KNOW are good quality and high value products. I've no hesitation being affiliated with them, and in fact, might feel pretty good about selling some of this stuff.

However, my background is accounting, business management/administration and marketing/sales. That provides a great deal of knowledge that IS very valuable for a potential affiliate marketer, but not at all helpful when it comes to building a website. And my original idea was to keep this fairly low maitanence and highly automated - set it and forget it. I've learned that ain't realistic, but I don't want to be handcuffed to the keyboard either. (If I wanted that, I'd buy the inventory, sell it, ship it myself and make a bigger profit margin. Been there, done that, now I have far too many other interests to do it again.)

It's the build a website stuff that seems to have me stuck. I'm struggling with WP which gives you an idea of the extent of my technical incompetence. The idea of trying to figure out popshops or Golden Can gives me a migraine. I'm confident that I'm not entirely clueless about niche and keyword research, SEO techniques, definition of good content, and I can write well enough. But I'm stuck on actually building and desiging a website - just learning how to upload a photo took me an hour. I still haven't figured out how to get the text to wrap around the photo in a blog post (but I will).

It feels buying a car: I know how to do the research to select the model and make that is best for me, pick out the options I need and disregard the others, pick a color, locate a good dealership, research and then negotiate the price I should pay for the car, how to finance the car, even what to do with the car to keep it in optimum condition after I buy it. But I don't know how to BUILD the damn car.

Suggestions, anyone?

I sympathize with you! Where's my hug smiley? :)

It's SO challenging when you are getting started and I'm still a technical flop much of the time. But the more you do the more you learn and the more comfortable you get.

I can help you with the text wrap around images. Here's a great tutorial with examples. Scroll down below the big space - there's lots more below that including spacing around images.
Jan's HTML Basics: Align and Space Images

I appreciate all the help - more than that, I appreciate the support. I've looked at lots of video's and read lots of tutorials and it's helped, but I've never been particulary good at technical things (Heck, even when I was an accountant, I was an auditor - definately a big picture kinda girl).

I WILL go and look at the link to the theme posting-thank you. I know I went through that once before. In fact, it's where I think I came up with Atahualpa (which has a forum where they have been pretty helpful, esp. after I donated $25 - which is only fair and I was happy to do so. It's a nice theme.)

I feel You

When I was new to Internet Marketing everything seemed so hard to do. The point about fully automated well your going to have to work your butt off for that, but it is possible. Everything takes time in this business for anything to happen. I have a simple affiliate website I built {link to own site deleted}. If you need help with something I will help you find the answer. I have done that for many. Check out my website and tell me what you think and hopefully it gives you some more ideas of what is available.Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back