The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Building a brand vs getting impulse buys...

OscarMike

Hi all, I've been re-watching dropshipping videos on youtube recently. One of the youtubers I've been watching, Gabriel St Germain, recommends building a brand around a single product. He recommends building a one-product Shopify store and having a long term game plan.

But another mentor of mine, PPC Coach, recommends going after impulse buys. Run Facebook ads and get cold traffic to move through the sales funnel quickly (ie make a purchase).

What are your thoughts? Which one is easier? Which one costs less?

I am not in any way an ecommerce person. However, mastermind groups I'm in have plenty of them and I asked a couple of them your question. In short, they said what I always say about affiliate marketing, SPLIT TEST! You have to try them out yourself to find out which works best for you. I do know there are an abundance of various forms of online storefronts. The two you propose are just a couple of the many forms a shop can take.

Test the two of them, and maybe some others.

Last edited:
Unless you get very, very lucky and go viral on some social media platform you are looking at $100's of thousands spent on brand recognition advertising. Paid ads, publicity "events', press announcements, etc. Wankers on YouTube will say anything to get your attention --wankers and grifters LMAO. And you don't even start branding without filing for trademarks to protect you investment.

I would go with one-shot or maybe some solid repeat or future upsell items for dropshipping --you would be insane to brand a product with your own money that you do not either own or have some vested right in. The manufacturer should agree to pay you a co-op advertising stipend (subsidy) up front if they want you to advertise their trade name.

MI
Back