The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

BlueFind is now PR0

temi

affiliate
BlueFind.com on of the most celebrated web directory on the internet famous for being PR8 is not PR0 ! It must have done something to piss Google off seriously.

Up to a 6 from a 4, I have no idea why but I don't care much either, I'm happier than a pig in p00p. :D

How much more money did you earn, Duke, with the PR6? And, did your keyword ranking skyrocket 50% also?

Just curious...

Paul,
The money will follow later, Duke I think your are being rewarded with the unbelievable amount of contents in your forum, yesterday I spent a bit of time in your forums and most of your administrators have contributed 3,000 or more post and you yourself has have contributed over 7,000 post, you are a post machine duke :)

I have a forum with some nice links, including BBC & .gov sites, DMOZ etc. It has 80,000 posts over some 4,000 topics, and is a PR1 lol of and a pr4 as well as it is treating the /index.php page differently. I know I should 301 it and sort it out, but the forum is for fun and PR is a crock of meaningless donkey poo anyhow :D

Old Welsh Guy said:
PR is a crock of meaningless donkey poo anyhow :D

Completely agree with you what page rank is for fun sites but if you buy and sell links it makes all the difference, its money in the bank. I know some people who fall over themselves and pay an arm and a leg for PR7 or PR8 link

temi said:
I know some people who fall over themselves and pay an arm and a leg for PR7 or PR8 link

You aren't kidding. :)

PS: now remember the correct English spelling of now is "now", not "not" :p

Paul_KY said:
How much more money did you earn, Duke, with the PR6? And, did your keyword ranking skyrocket 50% also?

Just curious...

Ya Paul I'm not getting rich off of my site, in fact everything comes out of my pocket but this is my way of doing something good with webspace so it's rewarding in that sense. My goal was never to become rich with my sites, it was to do something good online, some people appreciate the effort.

It's likely I'll be getting money later in the year from reselling webspace and tiered membership within my forums. I'll likely offer three tier membership program that is structured somewhat like the following:

- Tier 1: basic membership as it currently stands.
- Tier 2: Maybe 5 bux/month and access to extra forums, image gallery upload, webspace (maybe), plus a percentage goes to a pre-qualified list of available charities.
- Tier 3: Same as Tier 2 accept 10 bux per month with more extras and more money going to charity.

You may all think I'm a complete lunatic but I really am not in this to please anyone from that standpoint. I offer a site that allows you to come to terms with what’s bothering you both mentally and physically, to meet and chat with caring/ sympathetic people who may be able to offer watered down advice from already experiencing what your going through, or just a shoulder to cry on. No matter who you are, you've needed someone at some point in your life, if you have no one then you have us, simple.

Thanks temi, I have added a lot of content and for the first month or so was really only talking to myself in the forums. I managed to meet some great people through registration at other communities and now have a small community of some of the greatest people on the net. My site may be small, unprofitable and hokey to some, but I'm very proud of it nonetheless.

Duke, I just visited your site, great stuff. I also just replied to your article on depression, as I was not registered I signed it OWG.

Depression is a real bad one it can affect anyone at anytime. great site. You shoul be getting backlinks to that without a problem. And you are helping people as well.

Ain't the web brill, its like a real job but fun :D (anyone who has not seen the fast show might not appreciate the reference here lol)

I actually just finished reading your reply, thanks for posting it! I too suffered from depression after my wife and I split and my daughter ended up with mom (of course). I was on meds for a short while but found all they did was wear me out so I stopped after only a few weeks. It took me a while but I managed to beat it and haven't had any issues since that time about 9 years ago.

I've received a lot of positive feedback on the site and it's content. I actually have one member who had her daughter and son register and they learned things about each other online that they admittedly would never have known or spoken of otherwise. It really is a great vehicle for opening up and my members are so great about responding immediately and with compassion. There's been a few members who have also benefitted in various ways, myself included.

Lifesupporters was my way of dealing with the demons of my childhood and the contempt that I feel for my substance abusing father. I've only recently come to terms with the damage done from growing up in that environment but prolly wouldn't have without the help of that site and it's members. I really love doing it and hopefully Lifesupporters will stand the test of time and eventually become a major spot on the net for people to discuss issues that are close to their hearts.

I know it all sounds mushy, but it's a great feeling to get something off your chest. It helps rid you of the emotion involved and speeds up your healing or dealing with the issues.

BTW, I receive link requests pretty much daily. I now have to sort through all of my back e-mails and start adding new like-minded links to the site.

Lastly, I was lucky in that Gimpsy, WoW, All Links, All the Biz and other directories such as Family Friendly approved me so quickly. In many cases I was listed in a few days, some even that day, none no more than a week. I've recently applied and been approved to display ICRA and Safe Surf labels as well.

Prolly more than you wanted to hear but I do thank you for asking.

Ken

Never more than I wanted to hear, I also grew up in an alcoholic household with no food on the table. I try to give as much back as I can, and help as many people as possible.

When all is said and done, we are remembered by the things we have done in life, when you help yourself, you feel nothing, when you help others the feeling of worth is like nothing else in the world. Working for money is ok, and having a thanks from a client is nice, but seeing the changes in people in an online community, is so satisfying.

Odd thing to say, but the more you give in life, the more you get back. Not in monetary terms, but in so many other ways, ways that matter more than money. An out of the blue email for example.

A few months back I got an post made on my rugby forum, it was from a soldier who was in Iraq. He said that he was leaving for home the following day, and that we (the members) will never know how much the forum has helped keep them sane. He went on to say that while he was out on the streets facing potential death, what kept him sane was the thought that at the end of the day, for 30 minutes, he would be back home in Wales with friends. After he posted that over a dozen others said that they were in the same situation. They all thanked me for putting the forum together! I felt so humbled, and proud at the same time that I had helped fellow human beings who needed help.

It's a funny old thing is life :)

Wow! This is some pretty deep stuff. Good though.

You're right though, Duke, some, like you, aren't making site/pages for monetary purposes only, though you may have backend ambitions.

I tend to equate making sites with making money, so when I hear folks around various forums talking about PR this/PR that, I think to myself, (arrogantly)"So what, you're not making squat and I'm getting rich with my PR5 ugly sites". I seem to forget that some people really don't give a hoot about making tons of money, striking it rich, etc., etc. And I also tend to forget THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT, and perhaps there's something wrong with my arrogant thinking.

I apologize if I offended you. And thanks for helping me keep things/life in perspective.

Peace

Paul, it's prolly me who should apologize to you. I must admit that your post struck me as a bit offensive but it's likely more my issue than yours. You do it right on the web, I should try and make some cash from my sites too but I'm still quite new to the whole webmaster experience so I'm not up on all the latest tips. I also receive an average of 1500 - 2000 page views per day, I don't think that there's more than 100 or 200 that are from non-members or new IP's. I still don't receive tons of traffic so any campain I put up there isn't going to yeild me much in the way of funds.

My other problem (and biggest one) is you will never, ever, ever, see a scrolling marquee or one of those mouseover .wav files on my site. That also goes for popups and popunders. I absolutely loathe obtrusive advertising and will go broke before using it. Any cash I make will have to be from re-seller programs that are all clearly advertised in an online shopping module or other page with it's own content that the user will have to browse to. Maybe I can load that page up with all the ads in the world but for average websurfing of a typical dynamic webpage with news, reviews, forums, image galleries, etc., I will not add that type of advertising.

To make a long story short, I'm here to learn about optimizing my site and receiving the best PR, the best rating possible in my search categories and getting the most traffic on my sites as possible. I'm hoping this will start bringing in money eventually but I'm not going to worry myself over it. Yes I would like to make cash, and will eventually I'm sure, but not at the risk of compromising my morals or inconveniencing my members in the process.

Any tips you all have for me on my site are all more than welcome. You are all a great bunch of folks with a wealth of knowledge and I'm happy to be a member here.

Sincerely,

Ken

MI
Back