The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the meaning of ZIRP?

Graybeard

Look at the screenshots --they tell the story ... SEO as you know it will die off. SEO Poser Gurus will be selling pencils on the sidewalk and be in breadlines.

Someone through out an acronym using it in comparison with 'freemium' so how is that in context? SEO or AI?
First I tried DuckDuckGo, my default on PC:

duck-zirp.jpg

Then I thought to myself --let AI do the work on Skype :)

bing-ai-zirp.jpg

Pretty good really direct to the point using a conversational query.
Note the links presented at the end --definitely domain authority ;)

Then check with the Google Standard --mostly irrelevant to my intent or outright spam.

google-zirp.jpg

SEO as you know it will die off. SEO Poser Gurus will be selling pencils on the sidewalk and be in breadlines.

Our entire industry is changing dramatically, and quickly. Reading the tea leaves tells me that we all need to make decisive and massive shifts. Cookies gone, ad blockers taking over, increasing restrictions imposed by browsers and browser guard plugins, increasing ad and targeting restrictions on the social platforms, etc., etc.
  • I have my dev guy setting up all of the latest in cookieless tracking.
  • We are putting the breaks on about half of our previous spend on SEO (wasn't a lot to begin with, 2% of budget).
  • Our social channels all provide new API's (these replace previous versions) that we are integrating in anticipation of cookieless tracking.
  • We have begun to ramp up our first party cookie structure to provide greater benefits.
  • We have joined several new collaborations in our niche industries for distribution/sharing of second party cookies.
  • We are also reducing our banner structures for implementation of a greater volume of contextual ads and links to include interactive highlight boxes.
I just am tired of chasing what's left of the tracking opportunities and going all in on what is apparent and soon to be the norm. May as well do it now and get all the kinks worked out. It is a significant spend for us because we are so heavy in the content thing. I have not made as many dramatic changes yet to the CPA side of my business, that is actually more challenging and because it's only 25% of my business, I'll do the wait and see thing with that, but traditional CPA is heavily impacted and with fewer options than content marketing. Landing pages don't share many of the attributes to make cookieless tracking work. Things like audience insights, added benefits with first and second party cookies, etc.

I'll keep consulting the ethereal tracking gods for more...\\"::"//

banners
Back