Blacklisted By Digg

espmartin

affiliate
It seems that a participant in a "you digg me, I'll digg you"
project has been banned by Digg.com. If you try to digg anything
on the domain this person had in their "profile", digg shows
a "This site is banned" msg. So I'd like to both warn you all
about the "danger" of digging too many simular URLs, as well
as being an active member of a "digg me, I digg you" group.

This is from Digg TOS:
...with the intention of artificially inflating or altering the 'digg count', blog count, comments, or any other Digg service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering Digg's services; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for votes; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Digg's services;
to create or submit unwanted email ("Spam") to any other Digg users or any URL;

I don't think "similar" stories are the problem - if this is an area that interest you, you want to talk about it.

Well, nothing bad there. If you inflate your diggs to make your site more popular, It will just get buried when people see that it is junk. If it is actually good, then you have no need to artificially inflate your digg count, it will come by itself.

PS. My site got 3000 diggs :)

Thanks for bringing this to light Martin, I have heard of a few domain being banned bay diggs including TextLinkAds. com

its not digging the things you are interested that is the problem its when someone posts a live link to digg or live link to their dig button and openly asks people to digg it, all digg exchanges should be done through PM, ive had a digg account banned in the past too because i posted a live link and didnt think oopps. :applause:

Remember there couldbe/are Digg employee's surfing around webmaster forums to stop these exchanges so PM is the best option.

I'd like to take this to a "secured area" on this forum where Google and
other SEs can't visit or index...

Skinner (or Temi), where shall we move this thread to a sub-forum that is
SE bot proof? Reason being I want to explain how EXACTLY I got banned
:cray: - and other blackhat warnings...

Martin,
I have just created a sub forum here and added instruction that Search Engines should not index it.
We can also hid it from members with less than x number of post, if you want me to do that as well let me know.
We can also do it so that you cannot browse the url, you can only visit it if you are given the url let me know if you want any of the additional features added to it.
Thanks

"By invitation only" sounds good to me :) - honest discussions about blackhat (why NOT
to use it :) ) can be had without fear of our signatures being "hand reviewed" by the SEs.

I've copied this thread to that location Temi :) Maybe we can discuss the "security"
offline, or in the Staff Room?

I sort of prefer the staff room, I think its more secured, if there is anything that needs to be made public we can then post it to the public section

banners
Back