The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone else having problems getting paid by ShareASale?

Screwdriver

affiliate
Hello everyone, and my sincerest apologies for stirring up some **** with my very first post.

Over the past couple of years, ShareASale has been repeatedly trying to screw me out of my affiliate money.

They refuse to change my country of residence and insist on sending checks to my old postal address which they perfectly know I gave up years ago. They promised to add money from unclaimed checks back to my Shareasale account, so I could withdraw them to my bank account, but the money was never to be seen again.

They've also written to me that they've had an unclaimed property audit, which I guess means even the authorities have figured out by now that Shareasale owes me money. Needless to say that, despite multiple mails from me, they have never replied or paid what they owe me.

Basically there's no response from their finance department, neither via email or via their ticket system - as if everyone there was dead. Or arrested.

Am I the only one enjoying these "privileges", or is there a pattern to this?

Most likely they don't screw over everyone, otherwise they would have to close shop by now. As for my particular situation: I'm a foreigner, and we're only talking 300-400 bucks here, so maybe they're figuring out I won't sue them. Or it's because at this point, my account is only earning 2nd tier commissions from merchants I've referred years ago, and since I'm not bringing in new customers, they think they can treat me like ****.

Anyone with similar experiences? Thanks!

Are you saying that, if someone who owes you money deliberately cancels all communication, it's your job to continue sending stuff until you hit on something that's so irresistable that the other side breaks the silence?

If so, maybe I should better be nude when holding that passport? Or send a funny cat video first to grab their attention? :rofl

ShareASale has been repeatedly trying to screw me out of my affiliate money.

This is highly unlikely. I suspect there is more to the story. You seem to be putting all the weight on them failing you, but typically there is always fault on behalf of the account holder as well.

They refuse to change my country of residence and insist on sending checks to my old postal address which they perfectly know I gave up years ago.

I feel very certain that the appropriate process was not followed by you to make the transition. I have seen this multiple times with other companies over the years. Companies like CJ, CB, JVZoo, affiliate networks, affiliate program accounts of various types, and more. First of all, this is always an issue exclusively to those that choose to receive checks instead of aligning their commission account(s) with their bank(s) for transfer & deposit. Expecting checks, dealing with checks, trying to cash checks, etc., in Tier 2 & 3 countries are always the ones that have these difficulties. Many companies simply do not want to send checks to people in some countries any more because of the corrupt or otherwise difficult banking systems they may have.

Move on, earn big, and forget about this. $400 may be a lot to you, but honestly you can earn that with an affiliate network, or a privately held affiliate program, In an afternoon if you put in the effort.

Isn't it interesting how every time someone has been abused, there's always someone else right around the corner who "feels very certain" that the abused must have brought it about himself. And if there are no facts whatsoever to support the theory, then it's not because the theory is horse manure, but because the abused must have omitted information: Surely, if you provide more back story, we can prove you are at fault. If we can't prove it's your fault, then because you haven't provided enough background story.

Nice.

For the record: I've asked for similar experiences. I haven't asked for a grand jury. And as far as the rest of your post is concerned - admin or not, I've genuinely tried to type up a reply to it, but I've failed. Transition? Companies not wanting to send checks? The EU having a corrupt banking system? Are you sure it's even my thread you wanted to reply to?

This is an issue of ShareASale not replying to emails to their Finance Dept. (even though they have specifically asked me to do that), not answering to help tickets as soon as the topic is on anything remotely financial and not living up to their own promises and information given. I am not aware of any shortcomings on my end, so if there is information missing, you'd have to ask ShareASale directly because I don't have it (I probably didn't mention this yet, but: they aren't communicating).

The questions that have remained unanswered, include:
- How can I change my country of residence, when your address change form doesn't allow for it?
- After I couldn't change my country of residency, I've used your form to change my outdated address to my parent's house (same country) many months ago. I've triple-checked that my account shows the new address. Why are you sending to the old address anyway?
- Why do you insist on sending checks in the first place, even though I've set my account to wire transfer over a year ago?
- Why have you not added the money from unclaimed checks back to my ShareASale account, even though you said you would?
- You've sent me a mail informing me about unclaimed property, and asked me to reply to your special email address, which I did. When I asked for an update a couple of months later, you told me to be patient. 16 months have passed since the original mail, but I still haven't received my money, and when I ask about it now, I don't get as much as a reply. Why?

Well, and since it's them who owe me money and their non-communication has proven systematic over time, I'm calling it fraud now.

"$400 may be a lot to you, but honestly you can earn that with an affiliate network, or a privately held affiliate program, In an afternoon if you put in the effort."

This one made me laugh. So you can earn $400 in an afternoon. Makes you my hero. Can I PM you my Paypal address, and you send over the money? Solves my problem, and since it's a piece of cake to you, everybody should be happy, no? (Of course, I'll be coming back for more later. I did mention that this account is still generating revenue, right?)

So, back to the subject: Anyone with similar experiences around here?

This one made me laugh.

Laugh, really, get a good laugh. You are making yourself appear pathetic! If you cannot learn to earn $400 in an afternoon in this industry for as long as you claim to have been in it (years), then find another field of business! Anyone with years in this industry should be up to at least $500 a day, on a slow day!

So, you come to our community, only here to complain about Share-A-Sale, get smart assed with everyone, and don't seem to be able to be a contributing valuable member.

We have seen this before, over and over. People like you coming to complain, not valuing membership in the community, and act like they're smarter than everyone else. I gave you facts and you turned it into something else.

Your name says it all!

MI
Back