The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best First 30 Days Commission Incentives for New Merchant Programme?

Alex Maxim

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Higher Grades Faster!™
Hey there guys,
I hope that this post finds you all keeping well, and having a wonderful start to the weekend.

The company I represent is now deciding on its affiliate programme's first 30 days commission incentives. The aim is to quickly attract quality affiliates who can begin to drive sales of a brand new physical product (sector: education) within a reasonably brisk timeframe.

I have read in several places that when it comes to incentives of this kind, nothing draws affiliates in quite like giving them 'double commissions' – i.e., commission levels at 200% of the normal level for thirty days. This appears particularly true of ShareASale.

However, I am guessing that 'double commissions' offers of this type are fairly standard, and I was thinking that maybe a hard cash offer – say, US$50 in extra commission for every unit sold – would be more warmly received.

What do you guys say? Does 'double commissions' attract affiliates like nothing else, or do they prefer something more concrete?

As ever, any tips, guidance and pointers are gratefully received.

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

Matching revenue (double commission up to a cap amount)
affiliate payout bonus $500 when the affiliate earns $500 ($1,000)
not limited time wise to 30 days ... 90 days or what is reasonably attainable.

Matching revenue (double commission up to a cap amount)
affiliate payout bonus $500 when the affiliate earns $500 ($1,000)
not limited time wise to 30 days ... 90 days or what is reasonably attainable.

Dear Mr Graybeard,
Thank you as ever for your wise counsel.

These are great tips! It is really good to know what things look like from the affiliate side of things.

I guess my only remaining question is whether affiliates' eyes glaze over when they see the phrase 'double commissions for the first 30 [60/90] days'. Is it better to express the cash amount, rather than the term 'double commissions' (particularly if the cash amount is high)? Or are double commission offers rare enough that the phrase always warrants full attention?

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

regular commission 30% new affiliate commission 60% of your first 3 full months
revenue share or rev-share is the other common term.

$500 Bonus paid when you earn your first $500 =$1000.00

Incentives mean more to people new at the game -- Personally, I look for solid results based on credibility and reputation -- possibly innovative or disruptive possibilities.

I have run with too many dogs in my day -- too many are just losers that cost me money ...

banners
Back