The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Being shafted by a large network

urbanlegion

affiliate
This is one of the big networks.
Now I'll admit, I did ask some noob questions re pixels, so I don't know if maybe that triggered this, or maybe i'm wrong altogether and it's on my side, but anyhows here are the details:

I'm all setup to run my first campaign with this network, we tested the pixel it fires and receives, all good. So I got my offer link from my AM, fixed it in Voluum, all well. Redirects well, all good.

Now after 2-3 days I'm seeing that my conversions are 0... I already know for a fact that this target is PERFECT since I am running it with another teammate, we have invested good money to get that target and that ROI. So no conversions right? anyways, I go into my generic mobile emulator, switch HMA for country XX and I put my campaign link and suddenly I see that my offer link is directing me to other LPs + their offers = other affiliates, rather than my LP...
In anycase one of those offers I saw in the redirect was advertised in the network I'm talkjing about, so that pretty much increased my suspicion even more...

I checked in desktop, same redirect BS, I check in mobile same redirect BS.

I ask my AM about this, he has no idea and the link is working perfect for him, now after I told him about this my offer link is suddenly working great and showing properly for desktop (my offer), BUT - on mobile im still being redirected to other affiliate LPs , and my AM is keep asking me what kind of emulator im using LOL :D

I have Jing video proof.. but I really didn't want to throw dirt at someone or a network before seeing if what I think is going on, maybe I was wrong?

Plz share your thoughts. Thanks

If you're being ripped by your network you can try split testing the same offer with other networks and see if that works.

Exactly!

Also, this can happen if the advertiser doesn't want the offer to run in specific countries. In this case, your offer would be redirected by the network.

Exactly!

Also, this can happen if the advertiser doesn't want the offer to run in specific countries. In this case, your offer would be redirected by the network.

Yea, agreed. but I was running my mobile emulator running in the offer location.. I wrote it up there.

....and I put my campaign link and suddenly I see that my offer link is directing me to other LPs + their offers = other affiliates, rather than my LP...

Not sure about what you wrote there.

If you setup your voluum to go to your LP, there is no way the network can switch to their LP.

You campaign link will redirect you to your own LP first.

Not sure about what you wrote there.

If you setup your voluum to go to your LP, there is no way the network can switch to their LP.

You campaign link will redirect you to your own LP first.

I know what I wrote :)
So you're confusing the campaign link with the offer link...
The offer link you get from your affiliate network, and that link (that's connected to my Landing page call to action) it directs you to other landing pages and offers.

Trust me I checked 10 times before making this post.

The offer link you get from your affiliate network, and that link (that's connected to my Landing page call to action) it directs you to other landing pages and offers...
Oh wow, that's just not right.

Especially when you have switched to that country to make sure.

Did you get a chance to clarify further with them?

Might be a good idea to check for the hops in the future. Use this: WhereGoes? - A tool for tracing the redirect path of URLs

Qureyoon, your awesome and thanks for the vote of confidence there.
Wheregoes is amazing, I usually use the chrome internal network recorder, it looks scary but it's the most efficient IMHO.

MI
Back