The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A Goat for the WIN!

Graybeard

The goats fighting fires in Los Angeles​

Grazing goats are becoming a common sight in Los Angeles – can this ancient solution to wildfires really prevent ever bigger, fiercer blazes?
Choi runs Fire Grazers Inc, a family business which leases goats to city agencies, schools and private clients to clear brush from hillsides and terrain that's hard to access. The company has 700 goats, and they recently had to expand their herd to keep up with demand...

... Goats have insatiable appetites, and devour weeds, bushes, low hanging leaves, and dry brush – all of which are fuel for fires. ...
Article continues below

A lawnmower that might give milk and produce very good cheese :D

My wife has wanted goats for years. She likes the Moroccan "goats in trees" we see on national Geo but their tree climbing is more of a local Moroccan thing.

Goats are definitely on the rise of popularity though as are sheep for these fire prevention measures. I think you will find as many of each in California doing this good work.

City zoning limits farm animals for me --no goats:(
Even though my house is on an acre (1/3 hectacre) and there is mixed zoning on this street. Weird deal, behind me is 80 vacant acres ...

The deer and rabbits eat my flowers and garden vegetables --go figure ... picture at 50 meters~

deer-in-my-yard03.jpg

City zoning limits farm animals for me --no goats:(
Even though my house is on an acre (1/3 hectacre) and there is mixed zoning on this street. Weird deal, behind me is 80 vacant acres ...

The deer and rabbits eat my flowers and garden vegetables --go figure ... picture at 50 meters~

Yep, for us too. We're on the edge of the village limits and village allows for no livestock. We have 7 acres with about 4 of that as lawn and garden, the rest is all forest. Loads of deer, rabbits, racoons, possums, fox, etc.

MI
Back