The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Avoid to get in the spam box?

A

Andrew Waatz

Hi

When i send out my newsletters the mail i get in my inbox end up in the spam box.

I use a gmail.com as a sender mail. Is there some other mail i can use or trix?

How can i avoid this to happen?

I have a open rate of 16 %, and wonder if this is a normal rate?

Thanks

Andrew

You should use custom email which is match to your domain name as well as have you use autoresponder like GetResponse or any SMTP server like mandrill?

Hey Andrew, not sure what the actual content in your newsletter consists of but some helpful tips I give my affiliates to prevent spam when mailing their own creatives are to stay clear of the following:

Use of caps for whole sentences
Brightly coloured font
Constant use of explanation marks
Bad html coding
Use of just a large image with no content.

Also some other big spam triggers are the use of particular wording and phrases:

Free
Win
Click here to win

Another reason could be you've never mailed them before or haven't mailed the subscriber in a long time which may also trigger spam

Hope it helps if you weren't already aware of these points.

Remember also that the most friendly Newsletter sender is MailChimp. Mandrill is more appropriate for transactional email services (Mandrill is a transactional email platform from MailChimp).

Also, you should include whitelisting instructions within the opt-in confirmation email sent to your subscribers. There are plenty of free online services for creating personalized whitelisting instructions to copy and paste into your autoresponder.

MI
Back