The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are there any working and simple ways to show feedback from GMB on site?

brycek379

affiliate
I'm looking for a simple way to demonstrate an interactive feed with reviews from my GMB account on my website. I want it to be a clickable feed with star ratings and other elements. I've seen tons of third-party solutions, but not completely sure if it's safe to use them. Can anyone please give any recommendations on this point?

Ask the client to leave a review. You can encourage them with gifts or discounts. We've heard of a business-to-business exchange of views, but it doesn't follow google's policy.

You could page scrape them right off your google account page where they are seen then format the data. Sort of the same way Googlebot scrapes the public web and makes $billions
sarcasm_emoji.png

Is it in that api?
They are getting that data somehow? Possibly by scraping the google search display of the reviews.

Last edited:
Not too long ago we could add Google Reviews to our sites from within our account using the embed post option they had for us, but it has been deprecated. Now, I believe you simply need to use the API to display them on your site. I've actually been researching this lately. There are some 3rd party tools for this, but haven't tried them yet and haven't verified if these are acceptable to Google.

You may possibly need to obtain consent from the reviewer if you want to use a customers review of your business for your own marketing purposes, such as on your website or in print or digital ads. This part is fuzzy. I don't think this is required using the API, but I need to confirm this. I am sure this is the case if you are using a 3rd party to shunt the reviews.

The 3rd party solution I am looking at is Embed Social. I may give them a go in the coming weeks on one of my content sites for luxury private charters. If I do, I'll come with a report on it.

google business api.png

Last edited:
You may possibly need to obtain consent from the reviewer if you want to use a customers review of your business for your own marketing purposes, such as on your website or in print or digital ads. This part is fuzzy. I don't think this is required using the API, but I need to confirm this. I am sure this is the case if you are using a 3rd party to shunt the reviews.
I didn't see that data content available in the api but if it can be fetched with a curl request and a auth key; then as you have pointed out --the review was offered to Google and not you. Any copyright is very murky.

banners
Back